• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Swords and Socialites Part 1: The Forgotten Forge

Karl Green

First Post
Grimm, dwarven fighter

Grimm grumbles out loud about the foolishness of women in general and of this one in particual. "Can't wait all day can we?"

Shieldhaven

Explorer
Tiberian moves through the press of the Rat's Market. The halberd that he carries and the chainmail that he wears are bulky and distinctly out of place, but he puts the haft to good use in "herding" others out of his way. He scowls and says to no one in particular, "Now where is that bloody ponce?" He finds a place to stand and wait for someone; coincidentally, he is not more than half a dozen paces away from Grimm and Koren.

Noticing Koren's attire, he says apologetically, "Sorry, didn't mean you, mate." He leans against the wall and settles in for a bit of a wait.

ValenarJaeldira

First Post
Lancel wanders into the Rat's Market and, looking around, notices Tiberian amongst all ofthe rabble, apparently grumbling for having been kept waiting. Lancel walks up to Tiberian and says, "Well, look who we have here! Waiting for me long?" Then Lancel's face breaks into a broad grin, "You'll have to excuse my lateness, the valet didn't bring the message until last evening...the help to be had in Sharn these days..."

Lancel's face then becomes more serious, "So, have you found out anything yet, or have you waited for me to find this Skakan fellow? I suspect he's the smelly one with the blankets."

ShaggySpellsword

First Post
Koren and Grim
you take some time trying to sort out the map that Lady Elaydren gave you...the tunnel systems of lower Dorasharn are more complex than any you've seen in Sharn. As you wander the Rat Market you notice a man in chainmail, carrying a halberd meet with a somewhat nicer looking man, dressed in studded leather and fashionable clothes. They are talking near you, but, not hearing anything of interest, you move on...you are currently spending a signifigant amount of time wandering the area, trying to sort out the map and avoid as best you can the rabble that live and thrive here.

Tiberian and Lancel
you two are doing great. Thanks for playing!

Last edited:

Shieldhaven

Explorer
Tiberian shrugs noncommittally. "Not all that long. Long enough to get some funny looks. Like they've never seen a halberd before, eh?" He eyes the goblin Lancel has indicated. "Ugly little turd, isn't he?" Tiberian mutters. He quirks his eyebrow and tilts his head to indicate that Lancel should proceed with the asking of questions, subtle or otherwise.

Erekose13

Explorer
Koren stops for a moment and gives Grimm a look of hopelessness, "You know, I think we may just have to ask for directions. This thing is impossible to read. Perhaps one of those that call themselves merchants down here can point us in the right direction. I'd hate to wander off on our own with just this thing to guide us."

[occ: Shaggy, it might be better to encapsulate your spoiler text in the {spoiler} tags as it makes it a bit easier to read. With the code tags, text doesnt wrap unless you purposefully add in carriage returns.]

ValenarJaeldira

First Post
Lancel, Tiberian in tow, strides up to the group of dirty blankets, and the goblin seemingly in charge of them and says, "Friend merchant, what can you tell me about Valve Cluster E-213? A reliable source suggested that you would be the goblin to see for such information."

ShaggySpellsword

First Post
The goblin squints his eyes and looks very deliberately at Lancel. "I've got a rare stick of sealing wax, only partially used, for a mere sixty coppers...or maybe such a fine man as yourself could use this rich woolen blanket with, eh, just a hint of mildew? Only thirty-nine coppers! How about a skewer of boiled rat meat? Unspoiled by spices or dirt, just five silver. Or, perhaps, if I could point the way to a certain valve cluster, what would it be worth to a fine explorer of this city such as yourself? One hundred silver?"

Koren:
At the mention of cluster E-213 you notice two shifters in the crowd turn their heads toward the blond man speaking to the goblin. You are not quite certain, but you think maybe they were watching you and Grim before their attention was grabbed elsewhere. A few moments after you turn their way, on of them locks eyes with you, nudges his companion, and the two of them disappear into the crowd.

Erekose13

Explorer
Koren looks towards Grimm, concentrating for a moment to invoke a mindlink with the dwarf. Grimm feels a presence in his mind and he knows instantly that Koren seeks privacy. Grimm:
Two shifters were watching us across the market, they noticed that I had spotted them and appear to have left. They has also been paying attention to those two over there who look just as out of place as us. I think I overheard the blond one inquiring about the valve cluster we seek. Atleast that’s what the map says. Should we approach them or follow?” Grimm knows from past experiences that he can think his words back to Koren.

ValenarJaeldira

First Post
Lancel smiles, covering the chagrin he feels inside at forgetting his instructions That's right, I was supposed to buy something first...not too late I suppose. I AM new at this.

"That fine sealing wax you have merchant, I most certainly shall have that and...let me see...the price you ask for the way to that certain cluster seems might high...perhaps fourty silver is a more reasonable price..."

To show that he has some money, Lancel goes ahead and pulls out six silver and hands it over to the merchant and takes the partially used sealing wax.

I knew I shouldn't have treated all my mates at the bar last week...father seemed to mean it when he said I should make my own money from here on out...

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads