• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

[SWSE] A New Fear (OOC)

ffanxii4ever

First Post
so now my HP is.....
(12+7)*3 for lvl 1 and (12+7)*3 for my next 3 levels, then +20 for hardened systems.

so like 134 hp + 30 shields that regen at.... 10 shields per round? or 15 now?
I think you made some mistakes with the math...
JediJake said:
Hp-Your class hp should be slightly higher I think, better reflecting your career choices. A heroic soldier would start at 3* his HD (d12) plus con number and at level two should get 1.5 HD(18) + con number. Scoundrels would get 12 at lvl 2 and nobles would get 9 hp. Make more sense?
Instead of your math, it should be: (3*12+24) for your first level and then 3*(1.5*12+24) for the next three levels, which works out as follows:
(36+24)+3*(18+24)
60+3*(42)
60+126
186 plus whatever your hardened systems gives you

The change was that rather than CON modifier, Jake said CON number.
BIG difference (though it does make a bit wary, why is he giving us all this extra HP and damage rules...)

JediJake

First Post
we now have.. (3d8 + 2d10 burst +18)x2 = 46-124 per attack
i get 2 attacks pretty much free with my multiattack prof's so thats 92-248
i get triple attack currently at -4, thats 138-372

and i dont even know what my shoulder weapon is for DWM
(unless we are relocating one of my existing weapons OR using my heavy blaster)
Yeah, your using your regular cannon, the 3d12 one on your shoulder as your "offhand" weapon.

and if i understand this right my autofire is a 4x4 area cause you typed it as extra 2 squares RADIUS, thats a radius of 4 squares out from the point of impact. like 45 feet across? is my math right here?
Not quite, burst fire affects four squares when fired from a normal autofire weapon, this is a much larger version of the same, granting you two more squares of fire when you blanket an area with bolts. 6x6 area, that make more sense?

im just trying to figure out why you keep leaning torward MANY small dice with multipliers versus many large dice without......
it seems to make damage way to complicated
if the damage potential of the single GIANT cannon is about par with the multiple attack/dice rolls of the smaller weapons.......whats wrong with that?
I guess my way of thinking is vastly different from what other people think, rolling a few small dice and then multiplying them makes more sense to me, especially in real life rolling situations. Which is what I'm trying to perfect this system for. Rolling twelve dice takes a looong time.
i just think we differ greatly on what I think is cool VS what YOU think is cool.
Sorry, I've just been trying to assemble what I thought I understood you wanted in a way that would fit with the rest of the game. Also says the guy who had the devil punch me out in my own mind not two nights ago. :p

i dont want this to be perceived the wrong way. the damage potential of what i have now is WAY cool, and what you are increasing it too is even higher. but what im arguing is a point of flair. my character is a big guns, shoot first kinda guy. i want big giant splash damage weapons. CANNONS OFF A BATTLESHIP or the like. i have ended up with a massive minigun off a small starfighter, which very nice, has a much different flair on it than what ive been trying to go for.
I just haven't had the time since I laid down yesterday to post the horribleness that is the other weapons we talked about. Was going to post them in the game, but we all know how that turned out.

snakejawz

First Post
ok so we are on the same page sorta.

i agree with your 'small dice with multiplier' approach for small precise weapons.
AKA Shardus's rifle
however, having a giant cannon and not hurling GOBS of dice at the table....well it kinda doesnt feel like such a big gun anymore.....
i know they are all "digital dice" but seriously, we all want that 20d6 fireball, don't we?

the whole point of a large weapon is the huge swath of damage difference between it's min and max damage. so the min damage should be lower than average, but the max should be well above average also. this keeps it balanced, but also provides that much higher crit value for those big booms. and of course lots of shrapnel and splash damage.

if the gun you gave me stats for is just my large arm cannon, then all is well, it's supposed to be rapid fire. but the 'other' things we spoke about are supposed to be big and bad and nasty. :p

one last thing, Arkan and Jake

is it (3*12)+24 =60 OR (12+24)*3 =108

big difference.

Last edited:

JediJake

First Post
however, having a giant cannon and not hurling GOBS of dice at the table....well it kinda doesnt feel like such a big gun anymore.....
i know they are all "digital dice" but seriously, we all want that 20d6 fireball, don't we?
Well, if all you want is to roll a bunch of small dice, remove that x2 at the end and roll all of your damage dice twice. The effect is the exact same isnt it?

if the gun you gave me stats for is just my large arm cannon, then all is well, it's supposed to be rapid fire. but the 'other' things we spoke about are supposed to be big and bad and nasty. :p
It will be if thats what makes you happy.

is it (3*12)+24 =60 OR (12+24)*3 =108
First level is now 36+whole con, second warrior level is 18+whole con etc. Bigger difference.

snakejawz

First Post
hey, whatever let's me soak more hits :p

so Arkan's math of 186 it is.

and yes jake, i do enjoy this game quite a lot. i just thought i was being misunderstood.

snakejawz

First Post
Guys, i spoke with Jake and Gabe about this,

i need the game to 'officially' start play at 7:30 instead of 7.
i need to have alittle bit of time to see my wife when i get home before i jump into playing. as it has been, ive been having to jump right on the computer when i get home and it has been causing problems.

i figured this wouldnt be a huge deal since we dont usually start any real RP until about 730 now. (we always talk for abit before game actually starts)

i still think login-time should stay 7pm, but official game start should be delayed.

i already spoke to jake about this or i wouldnt of posted it, so please give me your thoughts.

ffanxii4ever

First Post
Guys, i spoke with Jake and Gabe about this,

i need the game to 'officially' start play at 7:30 instead of 7.
i need to have alittle bit of time to see my wife when i get home before i jump into playing. as it has been, ive been having to jump right on the computer when i get home and it has been causing problems.

i figured this wouldnt be a huge deal since we dont usually start any real RP until about 730 now. (we always talk for abit before game actually starts)

i still think login-time should stay 7pm, but official game start should be delayed.

i already spoke to jake about this or i wouldnt of posted it, so please give me your thoughts.
Hey that's fine with me, I understand, but just as a heads-up, the game can't really end any later than it has been: ~midnight for you guys and 1:00 for me as I do I have work and classes the following morning.
Also, I am going to have to cut out for about fifteen minutes to a half-hour tonight around 9:15 (CST), but I will be back

JediJake

First Post
Hellweek

The contents of your characters week has been next to horrific. Your time spent training with weapons and tactics to help you survive has been taxing your bodies to their breaking points and beyond. Nightly bacta treatments refresh your bodies while specialized helmets inside feed you information almost faster than your minds can handle it, making you fluent in Mando'ade and teaching you some of the legends of mandalorians past.

In game language and since your now one man short, you can choose another trained skill for your character, feat and talent. I am also debating on giving you all your whole level to defense instead of only half, I addition to the numbers you already have. Feel free to ask if you have any questions.

On another note my normal desktop is dying to the point I can't even grab the stored images on my harddrivd and move them to the computer I've appropriated for tonights game. So we may just have to use our imaginations a little more tonight.

Also I downloaded the newest version of maptools and I think it's time for an upgrade.

Last edited:

Remove ads