SWSE: Scum & Villany [IC]

knightemplar

Explorer
Opening the door of the cantina, a cool breeze wafts through the air, providing a second of relief from the dry heat of Tatoo's twin suns. Stepping into the dark room with a smoky haze around the ceiling, the attention of the room seems to be on the newcomers. Within a minute, their attention is drawn back to their individual pursuits.

An older human male seems to be tending the bar and talking to various customers, a perpetual frown across his mouth. He turns back to the drink machine and pours another glass for an Arconian waiting at the bar.

A sabbac game seems to be going in one of the back booths. The players are a dark-haired human male with a large brownish haired wookie standing over him, a greenish-skinned rodian, a reddish-skinned devaronian with his horns pointing up, and a dark bluish skinned twi'lek. From a casual glance, it seems the dark-haired human seems to be doing rather well at the game. There seems to be quite a few credits piled up in front of him.

A small whine is heard from the wookie directed towards the human male.
[sblock=if you understand Shyriiwook] "We were supposed to be at Jabba's an hour ago." [/sblock]

"I know, I know. But I am really on a hot streak here, Chewie.", the human male responds back to his companion without looking away from the card game.

"What's the problem, hu-man, is your mother telling you it is time to go home?", comes from the devaronian with an obvious slurring relative to the drinks from the bar

"Actually, Oxbel, he's telling me to raise again. It's your turn anyways. Are you in or out?", says the human male.

"I'm in, because I know your bluffing.", with a practiced hand, Oxbel pushes more credits from his small pile in front of him into the pot. "It is pretty bad when your wookie has to teach you to play Sabacc."

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Another long trip in the starship, as the two droids are running maintenance checks on the computer. Then a ring from the ramp door access comes through the halls. A look on the monitor shows a pale grey-skinned human with above average sized ears wearing some sort of uniform.

Last edited:

Songdragon

Explorer
Aboard the Frozen Star:

Quin makes its rounds actually humming along as it goes from system to system, making sure everything is up and running at peek efficiency. As the there is a ring through the halls Quin looks over the monitor with some curiosity. A small probe pops out and taps the internal coms and announces to Ava and Iggy that we have a guest.

Ava gets up from her bed and taps her own coms, "Thank you Quin, if you would like to join me to meet our guest..." there is a negative reply, stating that she needs to see to a back up processor, "Very well."

She moves towards the ramp and looks over the veiwscreen to the grey-skinned individual She looks around for Iggy as some back up, but taps the panel and the ramp slides down and takes several steps down the ramp, "Greetings, how may I help you?"

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
Looking up from the sample Rizalleian lizard layed out on his table IG-111 looks up at the sound of someone wanting aboard. To busy to leave the still breathing spiecemen the droid turns it's attention back to the lizard.

Two quick cuts have both killed and opened up the lizard for dissection.

It's gears hum as it bends closer for a better look.

[sblock=OOC] Is there an anti-social quirk??? Cuze he may have it. [/sblock]

Blackrat

He Who Lurks Beyond The Veil
The huge Feeorin brute kept his eyes on the game and leaned to the bar. He briefly turned and squinted at the labels on the bottles. Hmm. Sarlacc Kicker. Sounds good enough. Motioning for the bartender he points at the bottle. I'll have one of that.

He casually follows the game, half expecting it to turn ugly soon. With that big a pile, someone is about to call cheat on the human.

perrinmiller

Adventurer
Galen enters the cantina and looks around, ah just what I expected. Reminds me of the armpit of the galaxy. At least there's no cover charge.

He steps over to the bar and orders something, "I have whatever's on tap for humans." He turns away so he can lean back against the bar surveying the activities in the joint. He takes in the events going on with the sabacc game, figuring it best to just observe. Eventually someone affiliated with the Hutts will show up. Whenever money's involved, the Hutts are always around.

He pays for his drink and sips it watching to see if the gambler and his Wookiee friend are going to win or lose and considers, never know what can happen with a Wookiee in a cantina. I had to fight one in the arena, tough match, but educational.
[sblock=OOC]Cannot really do much more without knowing if Naar is with him or not. In any case, he has his earbud comlink and can easily communicate back to the ship occupants if he is alone.[/sblock]

Blackrat

So. Your contact was to meet us here? Naar grunted to his friend. Hope he comes soon. That game will end in a brawl. I'll bet you the drinks on that.

perrinmiller

Adventurer
"Ha! No bet, it won't take much to set a Wookiee off. If the scoundrel wins, the other guy will get offended and call him a cheat, besmirching his honor also offending the Wookiee and brawling ensues. If the scoundrel loses, it is because the other guy cheated and then brawling will ensue. Only real bet to make is whether we can stay out of it or not when it does. I figure it's 50-50 if we don't leave within the next 30 seconds." He looks around to see if anyone is looking conspicuously out-of-place.

Blackrat

I was thinking of not staying out anyway. I'd be curious to see about headbutting contest with that wookiee. Though he looks like he's seen quite a lot. I might even lose. Naar keeps his voice low enough to not be heard by too many and chuckles at the thought of duking it out with a wookiee.

perrinmiller

Adventurer
"Bah, your head's plenty dense, no worry." Galen replies with a grin. "You just have to watch out for the claws. He has reach one you too."

After a little thought, "Hmmm, this establishment is supposed to be owned by a Wookiee, wonder if that's him, don't seem likely though. Maybe we shouldn't be tussling with him just in case, he might take the wrong way. Even though we were just trying to be friendly, well sort of anyway."

Remove ads