• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

[SWSE] Strike hard for the Adamant!

possum

First Post
As loathe as I am as to splitting the party, I do feel that two strikes at the same time would be better than going from one and then to the other.

fireinthedust

Explorer
I'll keep NPCs with us. So it's z3r0 and Gareth we need to replace; and one Jedi who used to be Insight (duelist not scout jedi; just keeping us straight).

Which target are you going to go after next?

Also: WHO IS LISTENING TO THE ALIEN? He's whispering, so you'll have to lean in close.

Rainmar

First Post
Khor quickly moves close to the alien and leans close, more concerned with his state then his moving lips. He tries to check on his pulse...but with heavy heart he is almost assured that they will lost him. Khor turned to one of the closest Clones. "Soldier, do you have by any chance a medpack or some means to stabilize him. Also what happened here, before we stormed this place?" He leans close again to alien trying to comfort him in his last moments of live, close enough to hear him.

fireinthedust

Explorer
Khor quickly moves close to the alien and leans close, more concerned with his state then his moving lips. He tries to check on his pulse...but with heavy heart he is almost assured that they will lost him. Khor turned to one of the closest Clones. "Soldier, do you have by any chance a medpack or some means to stabilize him. Also what happened here, before we stormed this place?"

The clones say the med packs were used, but don't seem to be helping. He's been injured badly enough internally that he's only got a short time left.

He leans close again to alien trying to comfort him in his last moments of live, close enough to hear him.

The alien whispers into your ear:
The ship... Only one... knows the way home... R2 unit... base's power room... it... knows their base!

With that the alien dies! His hand weakly points up to the roof, then relaxes and falls.

The clones bow their heads; clearly they'd been working hard to keep this guy alive, and are disappointed, or frustrated, or just want to go fight some clankers!

What now, sir? And what's he mean "the ship knows the way home"?

Rainmar

First Post
Khor have moved his palm over alien's head and closed his eyes. He stood up and bowed head in short prayer: "May You safely join your ancestors"

He spinned on his heel so turned to clones, saying: "He probably meant that this ship is somehow the only escape route, thou I doubt it to safely pass tthrough the blockade. And it seems that R2 unit onboards that ship has all data required to navigate droid's base safely...and get to power room. I guess that if we take down power, not only shield but also Ion Cannon might go down. It would help to get this Cannon firing upon droid's ships but we can't be picky. Let's get into the roof and ship so we can get that R2...prehaps there will be some weapons or other useful equipment..."
Khor looked around, focusing on crates filling up the magazine.
"Do you know what might be in those crates? We need to arm you guys really fast."
Then he turned to ARC-trooper.
"What do you think of it, Chase?"

possum

First Post
Chase nods as Khor explains the plan. "Plan sounds good," he says. He thinks for a minute. "Consider the battery on the ships an optional objective, then," he adds. "But I'll try my damndest to get it completed."

Rainmar

First Post
OOC: DM, what do Clones say about those crates? Basically I'm trying to grab all chances I can to make from Weaponless Sad Clones to Armed and Jolly Clones. ;]

fireinthedust

Explorer
Let's see if I can remember what I meant...

1) The crates are full of a shipment of multiple cylinders of a clear fluid. No guns. The words on the ship seem to be written in an alien language. Anyone have related knowledge skills?

2) The clones search the building and find their guns in a supply closet. Have a holly-jolly clone-mas? no?

3) The party will be getting a new Jedi to replace Insight's character. I hope. More characters as available.

4) You have three options: go to the roof, go to the shield generator, go to the Ion cannon. Both the shields and the Ion cannon are on your list of missions.
You'll have to make your way through the city to reach them, and keep in mind that this will involve the chance of random encounters with droid patrols, as well as city locations. If you are noticed, and the alarm is raised, things will get difficult: active pursuit by an army of droids inside the shield with nothing better to do than kill you. (GM stands for Giggle Maniacally, I realize, as I look over my options... should you trip their alarms, that is)

Remove ads