• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Sym-Bionic Titan Cancelled

Relique du Madde

Adventurer
Never seen an episode. However, I constantly wonder why many adult swim shows are allowed to live. If this so was as good as the comments say it was then why see how it fars if not marketed to kids. After all, once you start targeting teens and young adult you could start creating premium merchandise that could be priced more per unit (even if they were inexpensive to make).

Glade Riven

Adventurer
Awww...It bairly had a chance to prove itself. And it doesn't help that CN kept kicking it around to different nights. But according to the post, the ratings were comparable to other actions shows, but was cancelled due to lack of a toy line? Hrm.

Well, if Genny Tartakovsky moved on to Sony Pictures, my guess is that it has more to do with that move (one the cause-and-effect of the other). I look forward to whatever Tartakovsky comes up with for Sony.

Felon

First Post
Symbowhatnow? That's a complicated mouthful that communicates nothing.

Did the people who titled this show ever hear of focus groups?

Villano

First Post
Symbowhatnow? That's a complicated mouthful that communicates nothing.

Did the people who titled this show ever hear of focus groups?

The three characters are a robot and two teenagers with power armor. They merge together into a giant robot called Titan.

Symbiotic + bionic + Titan = Sym-Bionic Titan.

The title gives you more information than, say, Regular Show, Generator Rex, or Bleach. ;)

Awww...It bairly had a chance to prove itself. And it doesn't help that CN kept kicking it around to different nights. But according to the post, the ratings were comparable to other actions shows, but was cancelled due to lack of a toy line? Hrm.

Well, if Genny Tartakovsky moved on to Sony Pictures, my guess is that it has more to do with that move (one the cause-and-effect of the other). I look forward to whatever Tartakovsky comes up with for Sony.

I can't find it now, but I did see the ratings recently and they actually were about the same as Generator Rex, Ben 10, and those other shows.

Considering the ratings were good, it doesn't really make sense as to why they are moving the final episodes to Saturday mornings. It makes me wonder if the word came down that the show was being cancelled and Tartakovsky, no longer having a reason to stay, went to Sony, so CN, out of spite, dumped the show to a worse time slot (with no reruns during the week). :rant:

Remove ads