• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Symbiont Creatures

Chronoglenn

First Post
With my first post on this board I talked about which class I should pick to choose a theme, well, I ende dup deciding on Dread Necromancer... The familiar the DN can choose midway through his career was simple enough except for one small thing. The Ghostly Visage, found in the Fiend Folio.

My group had never really met with Symbiont creatures, and actually didn't know much about them (only one person has the Eberron books since we prefer Faerun)... so finding them in the fiend folio was new to us all. We found similar rules for Symbionts in Magic of Eberron, however these symbionts didn't have the same feel as the one's in the Fiend Folio.

Now, a couple of our players want to try out symbionts for themselves... the only problem is... unlike the ones found in the Magic of Eberron book, the Fiend Folio synbionts don't have any values attached to them. Basically, we lack a means to knowingly balance the symbionts for the few players who get them. Maybe I just missed something somewhere... Does anyone know of a place where gold values are assigned or any other methods you've used for dealing with Symbionts?

BlackSeed_Vash

Explorer
Check out the Savage Species. On page 131-132 it provides a templet design for Symbiotic Creatures. Hopefully this will provide you with the answers you need.

Remove ads