System Reference Documents

Alzrius

The EN World kitten
This may or may not be very old news, but the psionic powers, which were just the listings before, now have all their stats and the description added also, so they can be fully utilized.

Hypersmurf

Moderatarrrrh...
Okay, I'm... stunned.

Mind Flayers, Displacer Beasts, Beholders, Carrion Crawlers... I can understand these being considered intellectual property, or whatever. I think it's a little odd they've been taken out of the SRD, but I can live with it.

But... Dragons!?

-Hyp.

Hypersmurf

Moderatarrrrh...
How the heck did you find that?

I tend to type the URLs into the address bar manually anyway... so once Seasong clued me in that the file existed, its absence from the index page wasn't much of an obstacle :)

-Hyp.

Maitre Du Donjon

First Post
WHY have some creatures been removed of the SRD? (Kuo-Toas, for example... was looking for them yesterday... pasting is soooo easier than typing it all up from the MM)

Maitre D

Dr_Rictus

First Post
Maitre Du Donjon said:
WHY have some creatures been removed of the SRD? (Kuo-Toas, for example... was looking for them yesterday... pasting is soooo easier than typing it all up from the MM)

The list of removed creatures sounds off hand like a "who's who" of the most distinctive creatures invented for early D&D (as opposed to creatures with a mythological basis, real creatures, or those cleaving to general archetypes like oozes). Which means that it's the stuff that Wizards can reasonably claim as their own intellectual property.

In fact, all of the stuff listed is early enough that I wouldn't even be surprised if there were legal restrictions to how WotC themselves can use it (i.e., it could conceivably be under some kind of license from some of the original creators for all I know).

Remove ads