• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

systems without levels or hp's

kengar

First Post
Savage Worlds has levels, but not in the D&D sense. There are Novices, Seasoned characters, Veterans, Heroic, and Legendary characters. The ranks reflect a range of experience as opposed to "4th level" etc.

Rather than hit points, SW uses a wound system where you always have the same number of wounds. As you get more powerful, you can become harder to hurt and/or recover easier. But with the exploding dice damage ("Aces"), even a lowly kobold could possibly kill a powerful PC with a lucky dagger thrust.

Henry

Autoexreginated
GlassJaw said:
Oh yeah, I forgot Alternity. CarlZog is going to be mad at me! :heh:
Alternity used all three - classes, levels, AND hit points; hit points, however, were three separate totals - stun, wounds, and mortal damage.

Psion

Adventurer
Henry said:
Alternity used all three - classes, levels, AND hit points; hit points, however, were three separate totals - stun, wounds, and mortal damage.

Well, in name. Professions were loosely class like, and mainly regulated costs of skills and gave you a few other bennies, most of which didn't apply to advancement... it was almost like getting a pack of feats at first level. And levels were more or less increments at which you could spend skill points; there were no "Profession abilities by level" or any such thing.

Aus_Snow

First Post
Interlock, e.g. CP2020 (cyberpunk) by R.T.G. It's all about stat+skill+d10, then you've got armour as DR, wound categories, and a bit of other stuff. Whole thing runs on d10s and d6s. Quite smooth.

Exalted, so I hear.

hm. and lots of what's been said.

Remove ads