• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

[T&B][?] Arcane Trickster Sneak Attack Ability

Tome

Explorer
The PC description for Arcane Trickster is misleading regarding the sneak attack ability and I would appreciate it if someone would help me clarify it.

The PC requires that a player already have at least +2D6 sneak attack to qualify for the class.

Later in the text the Chart indicates that at 2nd level the Trickster gets an additional +3D6 Sneak attack. I know that the text indicates that the sneak attack stacks with other (rogue) sneak attack dice, but that seems awfully powerful. It is almost as though you get the major Rogue benefit paid back to you with interest for having to take those 5 pesky levels of Wizard. In one step a character increases his sneak attack potential by 150%! Is this by design or has it been errattaed?

Thanks,

TOME

The Souljourner

First Post
Yes, it has been errata'ed. The progression was written assuming that you'd start with 2d6 and went up from there giving you the total sneak attack. It works just like the rogues, adding 1d6 at each of those levels, not adding 3d6.

-The Souljourner

Crothian

First Post
A third level rogue doesn't add +2d6 to sneak attack, it beomces +2d6. That's the same here. You need +2d6 to get the class, so the next becaomes +3d6.

Tome

Explorer
The Souljourner said:
Yes, it has been errata'ed. The progression was written assuming that you'd start with 2d6 and went up from there giving you the total sneak attack. It works just like the rogues, adding 1d6 at each of those levels, not adding 3d6.

-The Souljourner

Where is the Errata located? I could not find it on either the black pages or on the WOTC site. Was it a Sage answer?

Thanks,

TOME

Remove ads