T20: High Law and Low Justice (IC Thread 2)

Seonaid

Explorer
Ktarle prepares the counteragent to the sedative and administers it to Vyrkris. "How long will we be traveling?" she asks Ruzz'koff.

Wilphe

Adventurer
"Off the top of my head? I have next to no freaking idea," Ruzz'koff flicks a switch and watches the gagues on the HUD spring to life, "We can plot a course when we get out of here, six to eight hours maybe?" He speaks into the comm, "Ker Alpha this is Ker Beta you are breaking up over," he looks back, "we are ready to go?".
The comm unit seems to need a quick look at (T/Commications 10).

Maerdwyn

First Post
Seonaid said:
Ktarle prepares the counteragent to the sedative and administers it to Vyrkris. "How long will we be traveling?" she asks Ruzz'koff.
The effect is almost immediate - the girl eyes jolt open, strikingly similar to the way Zaedhrarrg's did when Ktarle revived him. She tries to sit up, but is strapped in for departure, and, in her disoriented state interprets the safety restraints as a trap. She releases a fierce, sharp growl, followed by an attempted snap in Ktarle's direction, as she tries to claw her way out of her straps.

Maerdwyn

First Post
Wilphe said:
The comm unit seems to need a quick look at.
Ruzz'koff finds that the communications system is working fine on his end, but that there is significant, and possibly deliberate, outside interference with the channel between the two boats.

Douane

First Post
Still hovering (however needlessly) around the unconscious Vyrkris, Zahedhrarrg suddenly realizes that there is something amiss on the boat.

Whirling around, he discovers the "problem".

"Hey, who put the navy driver on the hot seat?

Piloting this is scout's work, of course!"

Wilphe

Adventurer
Ruzz'koff switches to Irilitok in the hope that the familiar language will help calm her, "Look after the female, you know her better than I. If I can't get us out of a hanger bay I wouldn't be sat here."

Douane

First Post
Turning once again, Zaed's eyes open wide at the sight of Vyrkris' behaviour.

Oooh! What's this? Is she sitting on her tail?

He steps over and gently closes his paws over her muzzle and one of her paws while putting his own friendly smiling muzzle directly into Vyrkris' field of vision. Zaed addresses her in Irilitok as Ruzz'koff has recommended:

"Hi, Vyrkris! It's me, Zaedhrarrg. Don't you remember me? Just calm down, everything is alright."

[As soon as Vyrkris calms down, Zaed will release her.]

Maerdwyn

First Post
Vyrkris mostly stills herself but the hunted look remains on her face. "Where...how?..." The she sees her former roommate, the Captain, Ms. Scrautigue, and two vargr, one of whom she last saw trying to dance around an explanation of how K'kree ate his assistant. Somehow, this seems to relax her somewhat. "Could I sit up, please?"

Maerdwyn

First Post
Quinn, Saanath, and Tomas hear the following in response to Saanath's communication with the other boat: "... Alpha this is Ker... you are ...ing ..over."

Meanwhile back on Beta, Julia steps up to the co-pilot's seat and tells Ruzz'koff, "yes, I think we're ready to go. If the other boat's confirmed, I'll open the doors."

Douane

First Post
Maerdwyn said:
Vyrkris mostly stills herself but the hunted look remains on her face. "Where...how?..." The she sees her former roommate, the Captain, Ms. Scrautigue, and two vargr, one of whom she last saw trying to dance around an explanation of how K'kree ate his assistant. Somehow, this seems to relax her somewhat. "Could I sit up, please?"

"Oh, of course. Welcome back!"

Zaed grins embarrassedly and quickly hides his paws behind his back.

As Zaedhrarrg turns back to the cockpit, he notices dejectedly that even the co-pilot's seat is already taken.

Looking over Ruzz'koff's shoulder, Zaed tries to get a glimpse of what is going on when a cold shiver hits him.

Trying to wrap his jacket tighter around him, he suddenly realizes horror-stricken that he's not wearing it. Panicked, Zaed springs back into the back area and looks frantically around for his beloved jacket before he remembers that he gave it away himself.

"Well, I sure hope he's trustworthy and returns it!"

Considering for just a few moments to go back, he finally sighs loudly and plops down on one of the benches. His paws continue to fidget as if they had a life of their own.

Last edited:

Remove ads