• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

T20 Traveller - On the Edge (looking for 4-6 players)

Shayuri

First Post
Cool! Not a bad cash roll... Final questions then!

What limits on the Weapon are there? Any weapon I can use? Or is there a value limit? TL limit?

If I recall correctly, a High Passage could be redeemed for some fraction of it's cash purchase value. Is that still the case? Though it might come in handy if she ever finds herself stranded on some planet... Hm.

Psion

Adventurer
Blarkon Dragonslayer said:
1st Term Exploratory, Promoted to O-2, 2,000 Bonus XP
Total XP 7,000 Age 22

2nd Term Route, 1,000 Bonus XP
Total XP 12,000 Age 26

3rd Term Planetside, 3,000 Bonus XP
Total XP 19,000 Age 30

4th Term (Rogue) Acquisition, 2,000 Bonus XP
Total XP 25,000 Age 34

5th Term (Rogue) Free-Lancing, Gang or group broken up by law enforcement.
Total XP 28,000 Age 37*

100,000cr (Rogue)
5,000cr (Merchant)
+2 Int
TAS Membership

*My house rule is that when a character fails to "survive" a term, a d4 is rolled, and the character is awarded 1,000xp x the number rolled. Basically it is to see at what point in the term the incident occurred.

Cool history. And the XP is just at the point where he'll hit 8th level, which is as decent as you can expect.

Wilphe

Adventurer
Blarkon Dragonslayer said:
From what it looks like to me, you could do that, but we'd need to resolve whatever terms you chose to take as a professional on the professional prior history charts, not the scout ones. Once active play began, then you could multi-class more normally.

I believe that there doesn't need to be a relationship between what you take terms as and what you level as. In fact there only two restrictions:

1) You can't level as service class unless you are working in that service (except Scouts)

2) You can't mutliclass into a Service class until you have completed a term of service in that Class.

However, if you are going to apply that you can only level as "X" when working as "X" I might need to rethink my classes.

But for the moment:

Unnamed Human Noble Guy
STR 10
DEX 13
CON 13
INT 14
WIS 10
CHA 10
EDU 15
SOC 17

Holding off on class for the moment...

Wilphe said:
I believe that there doesn't need to be a relationship between what you take terms as and what you level as. In fact there only two restrictions:

1) You can't level as service class unless you are working in that service (except Scouts)

2) You can't mutliclass into a Service class until you have completed a term of service in that Class.

However, if you are going to apply that you can only level as "X" when working as "X" I might need to rethink my classes.

But for the moment:

Unnamed Human Noble Guy
STR 10
DEX 13
CON 13
INT 14
WIS 10
CHA 10
EDU 15
SOC 17

Holding off on class for the moment...

Egad! Rebellion in the ranks!

Actually, on a re-reading, I can go along with that. I am going to blame a knee-jerk Classic Traveller mentality for the error. Yep, that's my story and I'm sticking to it. :)

So you can take whatever class you want, Wilphe, within those guidelines, and the same would of course apply to Brother Allard.

Wilphe

Adventurer
If the noble is leading it it's not a rebellion from the ranks; more a structured reinstatement of the mandated order

Wilphe

Adventurer
However, she would like to do University, then OTC into the Navy, if possible.

Not sure how many terms she'll want though

Psion

Adventurer
First pass.

[sblock=Summary]
Name: TBD
Race: Human (Mixed)
Classes: Merchant 2 / Traveller 2 / Rogue 4
Homeworld: Kimu / Ley 2117 A200862-D
[/sblock]
[sblock=ability scores]
Str:10
Dex:14
Con:12
Int:20
Edu:16
Wis:14
Cha:16
Soc:8[/sblock]

[sblock=Skills]
Skill tallies (includes permanent feat mods but not situational ones):
Appraise + 12, Bluff + 14, Broker + 13, Gambling +13, Gather Information +12, Gunnery +11,
Hide + 11, K/Homeworld* +4, Liaison +9, Move Silently +8, Pilot* +10, Read / Write Lang 2 , Search + 10, Sense Motive +8, Speak Languages 2, Spot +11, T/Astrogation* +9, T/Communications* +9, T/Computer +12, T/Sensors +9, Trader +14.

* = World skill, permanent class skill
[/sblock]
[sblock=Feats]
AP (Light, Medium, Vac)
Barter
Contacts(Underworld)
Dumb Luck
Fast Talk
Hacking
Jack-of-All-Trades (x2)
Smuggling
Spot Trouble