• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

T20 Traveller - On the Edge (looking for 4-6 players)

Shayuri

First Post
In terms of shipboard role, here's how I see it so far.

Psion: Trader/Cargomaster...the 'face' of the crew. Possible captain?
Shay: Pretty obviously pilot. Good shipboard system skills. Great gambler.
Brother Allard: Probably engineer/astrogator and/or systems operator.
Tailspinner: Muscle. Internal security and groundside intimidation/headbanging. Also, the only nonhuman, which should be fun. Probably titled the head of security.
Wilphe: Hard to say so far, but with high Soc and Edu, he could be a scientist/science officer or perhaps a medic.

Psion

Adventurer
Shayuri said:
In terms of shipboard role, here's how I see it so far.

Psion: Trader/Cargomaster...the 'face' of the crew. Possible captain?

Hmmm... he is a good trader, but I didn't pick up ships tactics or any ranks in leadership. Do you need me to shift some skill points? I though someone else was shaping up like a captain. My char would be a very Mal-like captain.

I did go out of my way (i.e., picked up traveller levels) to make sure I had gunnery.

Wilphe

Adventurer
I'll have leadership covered...

If we need command feats taking I don't mind taking them, as I have the "fifth character"

Shayuri

First Post
My pilot has the Ship Tactics feat. Since it seems pretty related to piloting, and is right in line with her training in the Navy...

It is still possible that a ship might come up in mustering out. If not, then the group will start out shipless, though that might well be a goal of early adventuring. Given their skills, as they are shaping up, they might well end up hired as crew on a patron's vessel, of course.

In any case, I've set up a RG thread for this, here.

Please put your character sheets there, once they come to a final(or semi-final) form.
I'd like to get characters finalized over the next few days, and get this started over the next weekend.

Psion

Adventurer
I just need to pick one more feat and buy some gear.

I may put off buying a whole lot depending on whether we know if there is a ships locker or anything like that.

I think it will be safe to say there will be a ship's locker, whether or not the characters will own the ship it is on is another question. Even so, I'd like to see people spend down their mustering out cash, so that nobody has more then 10% of it left at start of play. One weakness of the Traveller set-up has always been that people either start out with mounds of ready cash, or a pile of gear. The pile of gear is usually easier to handle, from a GMing perspective.

Brother Allard

First Post
Hmmm... if possible, then, I'd probably want to redo the mustering out benefits, and do 2 of the 3 rolls previously made for cash in the materials column instead. I guess I was thinking that Niels would plow that cash in the ship as a "co-investor" with whomever wound up owning it.

Alternately, he could just hold on to it with an eye toward eventually making that happen - say it's in a place he can't get to readily.

Remove ads