D&D 5E Tabletop lessons learned from BG3

jgsugden

Legend
I've been pointed to a thread in the 5.5 section.... post there.

Is there anything you've seen in BG3 that you're going to bring into your tabletop live experience?

For example, I am finding I like the way resting is done, especially how it interacts with things like elixirs. I am not going to change my rules, but I just created a magical item that gives the PCs some capabilities similar to BG3 in terms of quicker short rests and extending longer spell durations to last until a rest.

What have others learned that is going back to their tabletop?

Last edited:

Their method of resting is something I've partially homebrewed myself, using healing kits instead of supplies. One use of a healing kit restores all hit dice, another use restores all missing hit points, another can be used to return max HP to normal, another to regain all cooldowns, etc. Since healing kits have 10 uses, you don't need to have more than 2-3 at the start of an adventure, but it makes resting a lot more of a decision and more interactable, which I've enjoyed.

CapnZapp

Legend
I would love to have BG3 lessons imported to D&D. However, with the impending release of D&D 2024 I think these will fall through the cracks. Not useful to implement now, and probably forgotten next year.

Remove ads