Tact-Tiles: The End

What kind of tiles would you like?

• Same as the original. Light gray tiles with a 1" square grid.

Votes: 94 44.8%
  • Clear tiles with a 1" square grid.

Votes: 66 31.4%
  • Light gray tiles with a 1" hex grid.

Votes: 10 4.8%
  • Clear tiles with a 1" hex grid.

Votes: 11 5.2%
  • I'd buy both clear and light gray 1" square.

Votes: 86 41.0%
  • I'd by both clear and light gray 1" hex.

Votes: 14 6.7%
  • I'd preffer a different pattern or color, as I will explain below.

Votes: 10 4.8%

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mark

CreativeMountainGames.com
To clear things up a bit:

Tact-Tiles was invented and originally sold by BC-Products. Eventually, BC-Products sold out to Imagineering, Inc.

I was a co-owner of Imagineering,Inc; which unfortunately never got off the ground due to a LOT of personal issues myself and the other owners were dealing with at the time.

Eventually we decided to shelve Tact-Tiles until our lives got straightened out.

(. . .)

Right now, I'm sad to report that there is no forward momentum in regards to getting Tact-Tiles in production. My partners have more important matters to attend to and I can't do it all myself.

This could be a lot more clear.

Can you give a better idea when "BC-Products sold out to Imagineering, Inc.?"

If the above sale occurred, did it include the sale of the trademark for Tact-Tiles?

Did Imagineering, Inc. ever own the trademark for Tact-Tiles?

Does Great Victory (now) have the trademark on Tact-Tiles and have the legal right to sell them?

If there is a legitimate reaason to continue to cast legal doubt on the current sale of Tact Tiles please be more plain because it appears to be damaging the reputations of BC-Products, Imagineering, Inc., Great Victory, and Void Star Games, as all of those company names are connected either directly or through their owners to this confusing legal situation and a number of people in this thread and probably who have read it are basing their purchasing decisions on posts you have made regarding that legality or lack thereof.

Ashrem Bayle

Explorer
Here's the story of Tact-Tiles.

Tom and Trace created BC-Products and Tact-Tiles.

They sold them for a few years.

For various reasons, Trace decided to sell his portion of BC-Products to Tom.

Tom ran BC-Products by himself for a while before it collapsed.

Around the time I started this thread, Trace and I approached Tom and offered to buy him out. This included all of BC-Products' assets, which of course included the Tact-Tiles brand name. He agreed and Trace and I started Imagineering Inc. Tom became a silent partner. Essentially, BC-Products became Imagineering Inc.

Unfortunately, good intentions aren't enough to run a company on and we had a lot of personal issues crop up that kept us from getting Imagineering Inc, and the Tact-Tiles, off the ground.

Sometime around here Great Victory popped up claiming to be selling "Tact-Tiles".

So where does that put us?

Imagineering Inc, who owns the rights and molds for the original Tact-Tiles, is currently in stasis.

Great Victory Widgets is selling "Tact-Tiles", which are totally different from the original Tact-Tiles. I'm no longer going to discuss the legalities of that here.

Void Star is an entirely separate entity with no interest in Tact-Tiles.

Mark

If there is a legitimate reaason to continue to cast legal doubt on the current sale of Tact Tiles please be more plain because it appears to be damaging the reputations of BC-Products, Imagineering, Inc., Great Victory, and Void Star Games, as all of those company names are connected either directly or through their owners to this confusing legal situation and a number of people in this thread and probably who have read it are basing their purchasing decisions on posts you have made regarding that legality or lack thereof.

I'm no longer going to discuss the legalities of that here.

With the issue of the trademark outstanding, this obviously isn't going to be settled at this time.

Steel_Wind

Legend
These kinds of discussions really aren't helpful on a public forum.

There is no Canadian trademark for Tact-Tiles. There is a US registration of a trademark for Tact-Tiles registered in the name of Christpher Beukeveld in B.C..

Whether that individual registration was proper or improper, was in trust, sold or assigned to a corporation or partnership, or whether it was even capable of registration at all within the marketplace -- all of that is a matter that may or may not be in doubt. I have no idea as to the factual matrix involved in any of those matters -- and only the parties that were involved at the time have the necessary information.

What is clear is that there remains some demand for a product that features the physical properties of the original tact-tiles and that as far as I can discern, there is no patent for the device (although imo, the concept was initially patentable.)

As for hashing out business and legal positions on a public forum - this simply is not the place to engage in that type of discourse.

Ashrem Bayle

Explorer
As for hashing out business and legal positions on a public forum - this simply is not the place to engage in that type of discourse.

I agree completely.

The customers really only need to know a few things:

• BC-Products/Imagineering, Inc is not currently producing Tact-Tiles and will not be in the near future.
  • Great Victory Widgets is selling a similar (but incompatible) product under the name "Tact-Tiles".
  • Void Star publishes books and has no interest in Tact-Tiles, or any similar product, at this time.

I don't think there is any more that needs to be said.

Mark

There is a US registration of a trademark for Tact-Tiles registered in the name of Christpher Beukeveld in B.C..

I don't think there is any more that needs to be said.

If you feel the trademark or production of the products is in dispute, you should probably pursue that through proper legal channels rather than casting doubts on the legality of the product on an Internet forum.

Ashrem Bayle

Explorer
If you feel the trademark or production of the products is in dispute, you should probably pursue that through proper legal channels rather than casting doubts on the legality of the product on an Internet forum.

Which is exactly why I said "I don't think there is any more that needs to be said.".

I'm not going to discuss the legal issues here any longer, and admit that I never should have in the first place. It wasn't the proper place and I shouldn't have been so open about the matter.

In fact, it'd probably be best if a mod locked this thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Remove ads