• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Tact-Tiles: The End

What kind of tiles would you like?

• Same as the original. Light gray tiles with a 1" square grid.

Votes: 94 44.8%
  • Clear tiles with a 1" square grid.

Votes: 66 31.4%
  • Light gray tiles with a 1" hex grid.

Votes: 10 4.8%
  • Clear tiles with a 1" hex grid.

Votes: 11 5.2%
  • I'd buy both clear and light gray 1" square.

Votes: 86 41.0%
  • I'd by both clear and light gray 1" hex.

Votes: 14 6.7%
  • I'd preffer a different pattern or color, as I will explain below.

Votes: 10 4.8%

Status
Not open for further replies.

dogoftheunderworld

Adventurer
Supporter
Just wanted to pop in and warn you guys not to be fooled by impostors such as these: http://www.enworld.org/forum/publishers-press-releases/253645-tact-tiles-back.html

These people do not own the Tact-Tiles name and have no legal right to its usage. In fact, they may well be hearing from our lawyer very soon.

Heck, even using that picture is illegal. :-S

Yep. Check out the website:

Great Victory Widgets - Welcome!

Would be nice if they weren't clear though.

Just an FYI to un-suspecting new posters... the above website is not selling authentic Tact-Tiles, and appears to be illegalling using that Trademark.

I've re-ported the above post, just in case.

Peace,

Brian
<><

Felon

First Post
Any update regarding the availability of Tact-Tiles?

Just from reading this thread, it looks like Great Victory Widgets sells them...but shouldn't, because they don't own the license.

OTOH, the guys who own the license (Void Star Games?) should be producing them....but aren't.

Did I get that right? Has that state of affairs changed?

EDIT--Looks like Great Victory has a disclaimer stating they are not using the trademark illegitimately. Anyone tried'em?

Last edited:

Thanlis

Explorer
Any update regarding the availability of Tact-Tiles?

Just from reading this thread, it looks like Great Victory Widgets sells them...but shouldn't, because they don't own the license.

OTOH, the guys who own the license (Void Star Games?) should be producing them....but aren't.

Did I get that right? Has that state of affairs changed?

EDIT--Looks like Great Victory has a disclaimer stating they are not using the trademark illegitimately. Anyone tried'em?

Great Victory does have the trademark on Tact-Tiles; presumably the former seller (not Void Star) let that trademark go. Ashrem Bayle has claimed several times that he owns the license, and I imagine he's acting in good faith, but he definitely doesn't own the trademark. I don't think his work with Void Star has anything to do with Tact-Tiles but I could be wrong.

The Great Victory guys are prone to spamming forums with fake recommendations and I wouldn't buy anything from them personally. If I could buy them from Ashrem, I would.

Felon

First Post
The Great Victory guys are prone to spamming forums with fake recommendations and I wouldn't buy anything from them personally. If I could buy them from Ashrem, I would.
That's unfortunate. They even seem to offer transparent Tact-Tiles. Yet there is something off-putting about the website and its general sense of....cut-to-the-chaseyness? I dunno.

At any rate, they use PayPal for transactions, so it seems about as trustworthy as internet transactions can be.

Felon

First Post
There is other choices like these

Battlegraph Dry Erase Boards | Longtooth Studios

I don't own any find it a bit expensive for what I would get but others like them and use them.
Pretty neat, insofar as the grids are cut into the tiles, thus allowing for easy straight lines. Neat to work on their site some. I had trouble finding the "Order Now" link, and couldn't see the price without putting one in my cart.

And as you say, at $25 a tile, they're kind of pricey.

Longtooth Studios

First Post
Thanks for visiting!
The price is for a set of 4 tiles, not for each tile.
I personally like to play with 9 on the table at a time, but one could play with a single set of 4 if they were running a dungeon.
I am happy to answer any questions you may have about the boards. No smoke and mirrors here.

pxacrake

Explorer
Has anyone bought / used these ?

Great Victory does have the trademark on Tact-Tiles; presumably the former seller (not Void Star) let that trademark go. Ashrem Bayle has claimed several times that he owns the license, and I imagine he's acting in good faith, but he definitely doesn't own the trademark. I don't think his work with Void Star has anything to do with Tact-Tiles but I could be wrong.

Has anyone bought / used these ?

If so can you critique them ?

Drew

Ashrem Bayle

Explorer
To clear things up a bit:

Tact-Tiles was invented and originally sold by BC-Products. Eventually, BC-Products sold out to Imagineering, Inc.

I was a co-owner of Imagineering,Inc; which unfortunately never got off the ground due to a LOT of personal issues myself and the other owners were dealing with at the time.

Eventually we decided to shelve Tact-Tiles until our lives got straightened out.

In the mean time, I went on to found Void Star Games. Void Star has nothing to do with Tact-Tiles and likely never will. VS's main product is Strands of Fate, a generic core rulebook for the FATE game system that allows you to play characters of any power level in any genre.

We joke that if Spirit of the Century (or Starblazer) married GURPS (or HERO), Strands would have been the result.

Strands of Fateis about to undergo it's third round of public playtesting and will see a release sometime around July.

Right now, I'm sad to report that there is no forward momentum in regards to getting Tact-Tiles in production. My partners have more important matters to attend to and I can't do it all myself.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Remove ads