tail wags dog: streamers want to say 'aaargh' so we are getting a pirate adventure

OB1

Jedi Master
Star Wars grognard here just chiming in on the correct ranking of the films

1. Star Wars
2. (Tie) Empire Strikes Back - The Last Jedi
3. (Tie) Phantom Menace - Revenge of the Sith - Return of the Jedi - The Force Awakens
4. (Tie) Rogue One - Solo - Attack of the Clones

Charlaquin

Goblin Queen (She/Her/Hers)
Star Wars grognard here just chiming in on the correct ranking of the films

1. Star Wars
2. (Tie) Empire Strikes Back - The Last Jedi
3. (Tie) Phantom Menace - Revenge of the Sith - Return of the Jedi - The Force Awakens
4. (Tie) Rogue One - Solo - Attack of the Clones

Apart from Rogue One’s placing, I agree with this ranking wholeheartedly. And may I just say, it is incredibly refreshing to find so many Star Wars fans who actually like TLJ in the same place.

OB1

Jedi Master
Apart from Rogue One’s placing, I agree with this ranking wholeheartedly. And may I just say, it is incredibly refreshing to find so many Star Wars fans who actually like TLJ in the same place.

Rogue One is tough for me, I want to love it but it just feels like two different movies at war with itself. Some days I put it in the third tier, some days in the 4th, I could probably put it on its own in between. Vader’s castle was bada$$ though. Where do you put RO?

Trust me when I say that there are far more people who love TLJ than hate it, the haters are just way louder.

Charlaquin

Goblin Queen (She/Her/Hers)
Rogue One is tough for me, I want to love it but it just feels like two different movies at war with itself. Some days I put it in the third tier, some days in the 4th, I could probably put it on its own in between. Vader’s castle was bada$$ though. Where do you put RO?
I know what you mean. You’re definitely aware while watching it that you’re watching a movie get made as it goes, and that really hurts it. The whole thing with the Death Star’s weakness being intentional also attempts to “fix” a “plot hole” that wasn’t and didn’t need fixing. But I can’t in good conscience rank it below Revenge of the Sith and Phantom Menace, which at their worst are just as flawed and at their best aren’t as good as the good parts of RO, you know? Maybe RO, RotJ, and TFA share a tier, and the two prequels that aren’t Attack of the Clones share the one below them and above AotC and Solo.

Trust me when I say that there are far more people who love TLJ than hate it, the haters are just way louder.
True... Too much time on YouTube gives me a warped impression of its reception, I guess.

SkidAce

Legend
Supporter
That's simply not factual. Whether or not you feel he had a big ego, Kirk shows on multiple episodes that he's quite competent with the Enterprise's systems. There's no danger he'd plow into a gas giant.
Unless she was smokin' hot. :rimshot:

tenor.jpg

Remove ads