• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Tale Weaver's Vampire: The Masquerade Game Board

Strider_Koln

First Post
"A sacrificial lamb...? Do not delude yourself childe... you could not be much farther from Grace than you are now. Indeed... a few weeks ago, when I gave my sermon about the "Scourge" of God, I had your...er our kind in mind... You no longer longer walk with God, neither do I... we are dead to Him.... we do not exist, only lurk for the sake of spreading nonexistance... but there is good news... I met a friend!" He smiles, his somber mood changing in an instant as he holds out his new pet rat. "His name is Socrates... he just told me that faith is nothing, reason is everything.... that comforts me..." His tone at the end trails off, quivering with pain and uncertainty... indeed this transformation has shattered him inside.

"This Jacob... he must be the guy I met in the alley... where is he? I must... see him.." He grumbles to himself, turning to the burning house... "Oh..if only he were in the Inferno... a fitting place..."

"When the sun rises... I plan on walking into the Light so I may be burnt..."

He then turns to Clover, his head tilts as he sees the rat in her hand "Aw.. you met a friend too? What'd you name yours?" His experssion changes again... and he turns away once he sees her fangs, remembering... "I failed you... I remember... You are now one of them... an unwitting servant of the Devil... a vampire... death, decay, blood, materialism and vanity will follow you like a sickness until the Goodly day that a righteous slayer pierces your heart and slices off your head..." Biting his lower lip nervously, even drawing a little blood, he turns to her.. bending over and petting her hair "I'm sorry... I didn't mean to upset you.."

izillama

First Post
Clover quirked an eyebrow, 'Vampire?'
She frowned, then rolled her eyes, 'Fool. Vampire?'
She put her hands on her hips and cocked her head, "Father? Are you insane? Aren't you a little old to be believing in vampires?"

ladyphoenix

First Post
"A sacrificial lamb...? Do not delude yourself childe... you could not be much farther from Grace than you are now. Indeed... a few weeks ago, when I gave my sermon about the "Scourge" of God, I had your...er our kind in mind... You no longer longer walk with God, neither do I... we are dead to Him.... we do not exist, only lurk for the sake of spreading nonexistance... but there is good news... I met a friend!" He smiles, his somber mood changing in an instant as he holds out his new pet rat. "His name is Socrates... he just told me that faith is nothing, reason is everything.... that comforts me..." His tone at the end trails off, quivering with pain and uncertainty... indeed this transformation has shattered him inside.

"This Jacob... he must be the guy I met in the alley... where is he? I must... see him.." He grumbles to himself, turning to the burning house... "Oh..if only he were in the Inferno... a fitting place..."

"When the sun rises... I plan on walking into the Light so I may be burnt..."

He then turns to Clover, his head tilts as he sees the rat in her hand "Aw.. you met a friend too? What'd you name yours?" His experssion changes again... and he turns away once he sees her fangs, remembering... "I failed you... I remember... You are now one of them... an unwitting servant of the Devil... a vampire... death, decay, blood, materialism and vanity will follow you like a sickness until the Goodly day that a righteous slayer pierces your heart and slices off your head..." Biting his lower lip nervously, even drawing a little blood, he turns to her.. bending over and petting her hair "I'm sorry... I didn't mean to upset you.."
Ruby hissed in dismay. "Are you saying that we just wallow in our own filth and accept what we are now?!" Both her hands went up to clutch her head. "I will never give up on my Lord, even if he does not favor what I had not chose to become as of you" She turned her back. "And besides, we have no idea what happened to Jacob, all I know was he was running away from someone name Thaddius, or someone like that name I think; the ones who want to stay this way.."

She turns to Clover now. Yes, I have been told what we are, blood drinkers...cold with no souls. It is dangerous to deny what we are now, if we want to survive...

Strider_Koln

First Post
Clover: "Father? Are you insane?"

Koln: "I'm not your dad, and yes." He replies rather matter of factly.
"And no I am not too old to be believing in vampires... they exist.. I am looking at one now..." Looking at her of course... Seeing that you don't believe him he sighs, pointing at his fangs, then pointing at yours... He then turns away from the inferno... "Ok.. really don't want to do this... Socrates... close your eyes..." The rat, as if understanding the priest, turns away, before Koln bites into his own arm, making a small wound.. blood streaming out... He then holds it to Clover for her to observe how quickly the wound closes..."

"This just means I will never see Heaven."

izillama

First Post
"Wow, so you heal quickly. So what?"
Slowly, she reached to the pocket of her skirt and produced a compact mirror, which she opened and looked into. Her face was there, though it was stained bloody and she looked obviously worse for wear.
"See? Look." She held the mirror towards Koln...

Strider_Koln

First Post
Koln shrugs, looking at the mirror...

"All I see is a handsome priest with a rat on his shoulder, so what? And I thought I was insane, first you think I'm your dad, then you randomly pull a mirror out of your skirt and show me my reflection."

He turns to Ruby.

"Ruby, I'm sorry... you're right... still, would like a word or two with Jacob..."

izillama

First Post
Clover cut Koln off, getting angry, "Hey! Don't change the topic!"
She crossed her arms, "Don't brush someone off while they're talking to you, it's rude! You said I was a vampire. Yes, I admit that my canine teeth seem a bit more pointed than usual, and I seem to have craved blood earlier, but there's no proof. There was no vampire! No one did this to me! Is this some sort of joke?"
She squeezed the rat in her fist a little bit harder than she would have normally. It squeaked in distress and she loosened her grip. She stared down at the creature, angry at it for complaining, angry at Ruby, angry at Koln!

Strider_Koln

First Post
Koln lets out a sigh, gently touching her shoulder... and petting the poor rat in her clutches... "I'm sorry... if you want to be mad at someone, be mad at me.. it is my fault that your life... I'm sorry, just don't take it out on the innocent.."

ladyphoenix

First Post
Koln shrugs, looking at the mirror...

"All I see is a handsome priest with a rat on his shoulder, so what? And I thought I was insane, first you think I'm your dad, then you randomly pull a mirror out of your skirt and show me my reflection."

He turns to Ruby.

"Ruby, I'm sorry... you're right... still, would like a word or two with Jacob..."
Ruby wiped a small red tear away and smiled "Agreed sir" She blushed a little, he was handsome, then shook her head and cleared her throat. "Well..em, I think we should think about where the heck we are going to stay, I mean, we can't go back to our "homes" anymore. We have all the time in the world to look for him.
And sir, what is your name so I can call you informally.

izillama

First Post
'Damn.'
Again. He did it again! Once again, he had made her feel ashamed, like she was back at at school and one of the nuns had caught her in the bathroom throwing up her lunch to lose a few pounds.
Slowly, she drew in a breath and exhaled, 'Calm down, Angelica. Calm down.'
To save the rat, she placed her in her pocket. Then, she crossed her arms again, feeling helpless.
"I just... don't believe it..."

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads