Tales of the eldeen reaches

DEFCON 1

Legend
Supporter
Ranvar said:

"Good day to you all! Who are we yet waiting for? I am eager to see more of this great world and have stories of my own to tell."

Roral quickly glances around to see if the two remaining shifters are on their way towards them. When he doesn't see them, he says to Ranvar...

'Caw and Umbra are left to arrive. Unless of course Umbra is actually already here but is hiding somewhere and doesn't want to show himself. You can never be too sure. Caw? Him I have no idea. He took off so early from the celebration last night, I would have thought he'd have been the first one here.'

He glances around once more.

'And of course, Scarfang hasn't arrived either. But hopefully we will get on our way shortly, as I am anxious to start out. I didn't get up this early in the morn to wait for two hours for the rest of everyone to arrive.'

ShaggySpellsword

First Post
"Well, as far as I see it, no one is late until Ole' Scarfang shows up, so the two of them should be just fine."

Ranvar drops his pack and shield, takes out his sickle, and starts to sharpen it, glancing over at Silver from time to time and smiling to himself.

Bront

The man with the probe
Ozmar said:
Silver smiles shyly in Ranvar's direction and then walks over to Stulgar to compare the contents of their pack. "Stulgar, what did you pack? I want to make sure I have everything we'll need. We don't even know where we're going... or how long we'll be?" She rummages around in her pack. "I only have two week's food. But I got some rope. Did you bring any rope? I guess you can always use some rope..." She glances nervously in Ranvar's direction.
"Well, I do have some rope, a few days worth of rations, and some other utility gear for catching food and starting a fire and such." Stulgar replies "I'm sure we can catch some extra food as we travel, so I wouldn't worry about it as much. I'm more worried about the general strange things that are out there in the reaches than getting enough food."

DrZombie

First Post
Ferrix said:
Umbra's gaze drifts down from his fathers face, drawing in a long breath of the smoke and waited. He knew his father disapproved, his father seemed to disapprove of everything about him it seemed. Exhaling the smoke in a twisting cloud, "then I better do it now." His eyes raise to his fathers, and then the smugness drops away and is replaced by a boyish smile, "it is a night of festivities is it not? I've heard you tell tales of the nght you passed your rite of becoming, they were surely more festive than a meager few puffs of smoke."

With an uneasy nod, your father admits that, yes, he might have done so in the past.
"look, son. I; euhm. We don't get along... Well." He sighs. "Good luck, son, whatever you might think of us. Come back safe."

And he disappears into the night.

DrZombie

First Post
Krug said:
Caw snaps at the snickering Aluir. "I do not see you helping out! All you do is eat seeds. You do not even hunt anymore! The mice could outrun you, even a pregnant one!" Caw goes about the room, picking up his research and notes about his spellcraft.

"Why why yes, of course, half-sister," says Caw. "Have you heard? Tomorrow I set off on a journey. It is an important one!" The sorcerer says, excitedly.

"Yes" She says, looking not very happy. "I know. Have fun, and, when you're rich and famous, don't forget us." Her face lights up. "You could send word to us, no? Then I can come and visit you, in The Big City. Do you need help packing?"

DrZombie

First Post
Just as Caw and Umbra arrive, Scarfang appears,startling you all. He looks at you, nods,and turns around, back into the woods.It is as if the trees themselves make way for him, because not even a twig is displaced where he passes, and the thornbush don't entangle his clothes. He makes not a sound.
It is only after a few minutes that some of you notice a big dark shape walking parallel to him, a few meters to his left. Sometimes it runs off, to return half an our later.
Scarfang walks at a good walking pace, but doesn't seems to be planning to stop for a while.

Bront

The man with the probe
Stulgar does his best to keep up, likely better at most being quite used to moving at a brisk pace. He tries to take the lead of the others, so they can try to follow his path, which should be much more managable for the others.

After an hour or so, he braves the question "Scarfang, sir, why did you choose us and where are we heading?"

Ozmar

First Post
Silver walks along briskly, keeping pace as best she can. She is determined not to be shown up by any of the others. If any opportunity arises, she tries to impress Scarfang with her knowledge of nature, by naming the medicinal properties of an obscure plant, or commenting on the hunting habits of a passing animal.

Krug

Newshound
Caw will speak to Ethain, reassuring her and yes, letting her help pack, though the sorcerer has so few belongings anyway. "Do not worry Ethain. Yes, do come visit me. Are you troubled by other things?"

----

Caw is happy to see Scarfang. He is happy to get ready to leave and that it was not another joke after all.

ShaggySpellsword

First Post
Ranvar stays to the rear of the group, somewhat encumbered by his gear, but working his hardest to keep up. He keeps an eye out for dangerous plants and animals that might be problem.

Remove ads