Tales of the Legacy - Concluded

Delemental

First Post
djrdjmsqrd said:
Stats would still be nice though! LoL

Okay, fine, I'll stop procrastinating...

I can at least start with the character I have the easiest access to... my own. Bear in mind that this is Kyle at 12th level, and at this point in the story we've all just hit 9th.

Code:
[B]Kyle Goodson[/B]: human wizard 12; Medium humanoid; Hit Dice 12d4+36; hit
points 77; Initiative +3; Speed 30 ft; AC 22, touch 17, flat-footed 19; Base Atk +6, Grapple 
+8; Atk +10 melee (1d6+5/x2, staff) or by spell; Full Atk +10/+5 melee (1d6+5/x2, staff); 
Special Abilities unseen servant 1x/day (Sp), detect magic at will; see invisibility at will; 
Alignment NG; SV Fort +9, Ref +9, Will +12; Str 15, Dex 16, Con 16, Int 24 (20), Wis 14, Cha 

[I]Skills[/I]: Appraise +10, Bluff +2, Concentration +18, Craft (alchemy) +14, Craft 
(blacksmithing) +10, Craft (carpentry) +11, Craft (jewelrymaking) +13, Craft (stonemasonry) 
+10, Decipher Script +9, Diplomacy +2, Heal +4, Knowledge (arcane) +22, Knowledge 
(architecture & engineering) +12, Knowledge (geography) +9, Knowledge (history) +9, 
Knowledge (nobility) +9, Knowledge (psionics) +10, Knowledge (religion) +10, Knowledge (the 
planes) +10, Profession (farmer) +3, Profession (sailor) +5, Ride +4, Spellcraft +24, Swim +3

[I]Feats[/I]: Brew Potion, Craft Wand, Craft Wondrous Item, Extraordinary Spell Aim, Magical 
Artisan (Scribe Scroll), Spell Penetration, Spellcasting Prodigy, Spellstrike*, Scribe Scroll

[I]Possessions[/I]: Scion’s staff**, amulet of natural armor +3, belt of many pockets, 
blessed book, bracers of armor +2, glove of far reaching***, glove of storing, headband of 
intellect +4, dusty rose ioun stone (+1 insight to AC), pearl of power (1st) x2, pearl of power 
(2nd), ring of protection +3, ring of counterspells, lesser metamagic rod of empower, 
steadfast boots, vest of resistance +2

[I]Spells [/I] (spells per day 4/6/6/6/5/3/2; save DC 18 + spell level):

[B]Cantrips[/B] -- Acid Splash, Arcane Mark, Dancing Lights, Daze, Detect Magic  Detect 
Poison  Disrupt Undead  Electric Jolt, Flare, Ghost Sound, Horizikaul’s Cough, Launch Bolt, 
Light, Mage Hand, Mending, Message, Open/Close, Prestidigitation, Ray of Frost, Read Magic, 
Repair Minor Damage, Resistance, Silent Portal, Touch of Fatigue

[B]1st[/B] -- Alarm, Animate Rope, Burning Hands, Cause Fear, Charm Person, Chill Touch, 
Comprehend Languages, Detect Secret Doors, Detect Undead, Disguise Self, Endure 
Elements, Enlarge Person, Erase, Expeditious Retreat, Feather Fall, Floating Disk, Forcewave, 
Grease, Hold Portal, Hypnotism, Identify, Ironguts, Jump, Kaupaer’s Skittish Nerves, Mage 
Armor, Magecraft, Magic Missile, Magic Weapon, Mount, Negative Energy Ray, Obscuring 
Mist, Protection from Chaos, Protection from Evil, Protection from Good, Protection from Law, 
Ray of Enfeeblement, Reduce Person, Shelgarn’s Persistent Blade, Shield, Shocking Grasp, 
Sleep, Spirit Worm, Summon Monster I, Summon Undead I, True Strike, Unseen Servant, 
Ventriloquism

[B]2nd[/B] -- Acid Arrow, Alter Self, Bear’s Endurance, Blindness/Deafness, Blur, Bull’s 
Strength, Cat’s Grace, Cloud of Bewilderment, Command Undead, Continual Flame, Cunning, 
Darkvision, Death Armor, Detect Thoughts, Endurance, False Life, Flaming Sphere, Fox’s 
Cunning, Ghoul Touch, Glitterdust, Grace, Igedrazzar’s Miasma, Invisibility, Levitate, Life Bolt, 
Locate Object, Magic Mouth, Mirror Image, Obscure Object, Owl’s Wisdom, Phantom Trap, 
Protection from Arrows, Resist Energy, Rope Trick, Scare, Scorching Ray, See Invisibility, 
Shatter, Shroud of Undeath, Spectral Hand, Spider Climb, Splendor, Strength, Summon 
Undead II, Theskyn’s Hearty Heave, Toothed Tentacle, Touch of Idiocy, Web

[B]3rd [/B] -- Amorphous Form, Clairaudience/Clairvoyance, Dispel Magic, Displacement, 
Fireball, Flame Arrow, Fly, Gaseous Form, Gentle Repose, Handfang, Haste, Healing Touch, 
Heroism, Hold Person, Lightning Bolt, Major Image, Nchaser’s Glowing Orb, Phantom Steed, 
Ray of Exhaustion, Scintillating Sphere, Shatterfloor, Shrink Item, Skull Watch, Spider Poison, 
Stinking Cloud, Suggestion, Summon Undead III, Tiny Hut, Tongues, Undead Lieutenant, 
Undead Torch, Vampiric Touch, Water Breathing

[B]4th[/B] -- Animate Dead, Assay Resistance, Bestow Curse, Black Tentacles, Contagion, 
Darsson’s Potion, Defenestrating Sphere, Dimension Door, Dimensional Anchor, Enervation, 
Fear, Ghorus Toth’s Metal Melt, Greater Invisibility, Gutsnake, Lesser Globe of Invulnerability, 
Mass Darkvision, Mass Resist Energy, Mindfrost, Mnemonic Enhancer, Plague Carrier, Remove 
Curse, Resilient Sphere, Scrying, Shout, Sinsabur’s Baleful Bolt, Solid Fog, Summon Undead 
IV, Thunderlance

[B]5th[/B] -- Beltyn’s Burning Blood, Blight, Cloudkill, Cone of Cold, Dismissal, Dream, 
Fabricate, Fleshshiver, Hold Monster, Kiss of the Vampire, Magic Jar, Mass Fire Shield, Mass 
Fly, Nightstalker’s Transformation, Permanency, Prying Eyes, Secret Chest, Sending, Servant 
Horde, Shroud of Flame, Summon Undead V, Symbol of Pain, Telekinesis, Teleport, Wall of 
Force, Wall of Stone, Waves of Fatigue

[B]6th[/B] -- Analyze Dweomer, Chain Lightning, Disintegrate, Freezing Glance, Legend Lore, 
Mass Endurance, Shadow Walk, Stone to Flesh, Transformation, Veil

* Spellstrike is a homebrew metamagic feat, which allows Kyle to add a 'concussive' spell template to any damaging spell (Balance check at DC 10+caster level or knocked prone). Adding the template requires adding a pearl worth at least 25 gp as a material component.

** The Scion's staff is an artifact-level magic item, which is revealing its powers to Kyle slowly. Currently, it's a +2 psibane quarterstaff with a number of special powers (including the ability to convert detect magic spells into detect psionics, a +2 bonus to penetrate the spell resistance of psionic beings, and the ability to restore expended spell slots by taking burn damage to physical stats).

*** The Glove of Far Reaching is a unique magic item created by Kyle. It allows the use of mage hand at will, and once a day can cast spectral hand.

djrdjmsqrd

First Post
Thank you.

Kyle is one of the best PCs in the SH IMHO...I would love to see them all but this is a very nice treat...thank you

Sinewgrab

Explorer
djrdjmsqrd said:
Kyle is one of the best PCs in the SH IMHO...I would love to see them all but this is a very nice treat...thank you

I have to say, I am indeed glad to know someone else is reading this story hour. I, being one of the players, have been enthusiastic about the author's continuing transcription of our escapades into story form, and his improvement needs to be noted by more than than just those of us within the group. So, I want to thank for de-lurking.

And Kyle is just a mealymouthed, dirt-digging heretic, not the coolest character in the story. :)

Delemental

First Post
djrdjmsqrd said:

Well, I'll work on getting the rest. The first step, of course, would be remembering to ask for them. :)

I appreciate the compliment on Kyle, though I admit it sort of raises an alarm in my mind. One of the easiest things to do when writing a SH as a player, rather than as the DM, is to highlight your own character over others. It's by no means intentional - it's simply the fact that I know Kyle far better than I know the others. But I really don't want to turn the SH into "The Kyle Goodson Dog and Pony Show" - he's by no means the center of the campaign.

It's just a reminder to me to make sure everyone gets equal time in the spotlight. It's actually a good thing for me to remember right now, because at our current point in the campaign, we just finished up a long story arc that centered mostly around Autumn and Kyle. I now need to make sure I start focusing on other characters more.

Delemental

First Post
Sinewgrab said:
And Kyle is just a mealymouthed, dirt-digging heretic, not the coolest character in the story. :)

Don't talk to me about 'dirt-digging', you stiff-necked Ardaran lackey!

(Sinewgrab, as you might have guessed, is Tolly's player.)

djrdjmsqrd

First Post
LoL...

Delemental said:
Don't talk to me about 'dirt-digging', you stiff-necked Ardaran lackey!

(Sinewgrab, as you might have guessed, is Tolly's player.)

I don't mean to imply that Kyle is the main center, rather, I enjoy intresting twists on wizard characters thats all...intresting and orginal twist on any core class is very good to me...and I liked the idea of the characters background...

djordje...yes the SH is good...

Delemental

First Post
Bryon_Soulweaver said:
Hey Sinewgrab, why dont you put Tolly's stats up?

Yeah! And while you're at it, post the stats for Lanara, too! <cracking whip noises in background>

(Sinewgrab's spouse is Lanara's player, BTW.)

Delemental

First Post
Okay, here's another one...

I don't have full stats for Autumn; her skills won't quite add up, and I don't know all her feats.

Code:
[B]Autumn Verahannen[/B]: aasimar sentinel* 10; Medium outsider (native);
Hit Dice 10d10+30; hit points 100; Initiative +3; Speed 30 ft; AC 30, touch 15,
flat-footed 27; Base Atk +19, Grapple +15; Atk +17 melee (1d12+9/19-20 x3,
greataxe); Full Atk +17/+12 melee (1d12+9/19-20 x3, greataxe); Special Abilities
Turn evil outsider 1/day, [I]dispel evil[/I] 1/day; [I]searing light[/I] 1/day, [I]bless[/I]
1/day, [I]protection from evil[/I] 3/day, Smite evil 4/day, summon companion; 
Alignment NG; SV Fort +15, Ref +11, Will +10; Str 20 (16), Dex 16 (12), Con 17 (13),
Int 14, Wis 14, Cha 18.

[I]Skills[/I]: Concentration +3, Diplomacy +17, Gather Information +13, Knowledge
(religion) +5, Listen +9, Sense Motive +19, Spot +13

[I]Feats[/I]: Power Attack, Extra Smiting, Celestial Bloodline, Eyes of Light

[I]Possessions: +2 mithral full plate, +2 keen thundering greataxe, +1 axiomatic
heavy mace, ring of protection +2, amulet of natural armor +3, Shaundaukal's boots,
portable hole, cloak of resistance +2, Autumn's corset**, belt of giant strength +4,
bead of force, crown of the elven kings***[/I]

*A sentinel is much like a paladin, but is focused on keeping evil outsiders off the Material Plane, and must be Neutral Good. The abilities are very similar. I believe this class may have come out of a Dragon magazine.

**Autumn's corset is a unique magical item made for her by Kyle. It gives her +4 to Dex and Con.

***The Crown of the elven kings (I'm not sure I have the name of the item right) was gifted to Autumn by Herion for reasons... well, which will become clear later. It gives +2 to Con, and also gives a +10 bonus to Diplomacy when dealing with elves.

Sinewgrab

Explorer
Delemental said:
Yeah! And while you're at it, post the stats for Lanara, too! <cracking whip noises in background>

(Sinewgrab's spouse is Lanara's player, BTW.)

I knew I should have never actually posted. Now I have to pony up and actually be helpful. (sigh) Note that this is the current Tolly, at 12th level of ability.

Well, here we go:

Tolly Nightsleaving (Mulholland): 6th level cleric of Ardara, 2nd level Church Inquisitor, 4th level Elemental Savant; medium human; hit dice 6d8+4d4+2d8+36; hit points 113; Initiative +3; movement 30'; AC 26; touch 15; flat-footed 23; Base Attack +11; grapple +11; attack +14 melee (1d10+8 x4 Maul); Full +14/+9; Special Abilities: Detect evil at will, detect good 1/day, spontaneous cure, immune to charm, immune to sleep, acid resistance 10; align LG; SV Fort+12, Ref+9, Will+19; Str 18, Dex 16, Con 16, Int 18, Wis 18, Cha 16
Skills: Bluff 10, Concentration 7, Armorsmith 14, Weaponsmith 12, Blacksmith 10, Diplomacy 10, Gather Info 10, Heal 7, Hide 7, Intimidate 9, Know ARcana 14, Know Planets 12, Know Religion 9, Know Nobility 6, Know Psionics 7, Listen 5, Move Silently 7, Perform Dance 5, Ride 5, Sense Motive 13, Spellcraft 12,
Feats: Power Attack, Extend Spell, Energy Sub: Acid, Divine Vigor, Leadership
Items: Pylactery of Faithfulness, Cloak of Resistance +3, Necklace of Adaptation, Ring of Feather Fall, Ring of Force Shield, Shaudukal's Boots, Full Plate +3 (silent, shadow, glamered), Maul +2 (Holy, Sizing)
Access to the Strength, Metal, and Inquisition Domains.
And I am NOT listing his spells--unlike Delemantal, my character is not in a computer. So there.

Sinewgrab
------------------------------------
Tea audire no possum. Musa sapientum fixa est in aure.

Remove ads