Black Flag Tales of the Valiant Alpha Release is out.

Elodan

Adventurer
There’s a lot to like in there. I’m hoping that they do more to address some of the underlying annoyances with 5E such as problematic spells, better cantrip scaling, borrowing the simplified exhaustion progression from OneD&D (which I’ve see elsewhere), etc.

Going to take a while to go through and figure out my specific likes / dislikes. Good thing they gave us until September to provide feedback.

darjr

I crit!
I'm not sure all the encounter building rules are out too. Though I like the brevity of what is there.

True Strike is the same it seems. Almost seems like a waste to include it, is it just me?

Weiley31

Legend
I like how it breaks down Resiliency for various monster categories like Construct, Monstrosity, Aberration, Celestial, and so on.

Also gives ya a good base of judgement in some way if ya decide to homebrew a race or what not of those types that WoTC hasn't given us yet.

Zaukrie

New Publisher
I like how it breaks down Resiliency for various monster categories like Construct, Monstrosity, Aberration, Celestial, and so on.

Also gives ya a good base of judgement in some way if ya decide to homebrew a race or what not of those types that WoTC hasn't given us yet.
I hate that. Put that in the statblock, I don't want to read traits to know what they resist / immune.

Whizbang Dustyboots

Gnometown Hero
True Strike is the same it seems. Almost seems like a waste to include it, is it just me?
Well, it'll have to be in the final book, and by putting it in there, they can provoke feedback to remind them to address it during the alpha period.

I'm not a backer -- and now regretting it -- but I assume the alpha PDF is free for backers and just $9 for everyone else.

darjr

I crit!
Well, it'll have to be in the final book, and by putting it in there, they can provoke feedback to remind them to address it during the alpha period.

I'm not a backer -- and now regretting it -- but I assume the alpha PDF is free for backers and just $9 for everyone else.
yes. If your a backer there is a coupon at KB waiting for you.

Remove ads