• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Black Flag Tales of the Valiant is out (in PDF)! What do people think?

ART!

Deluxe Unhuman
Not crazy about making gnomes and halflings into traits of the same lineages, but I get the reasoning. I just feel like there's a better way to do that, but maybe it requires an approach to races that would deviate too far from 5E to be compatible.

Bladesinger

Explorer
I had a question that I think got lost up-thread - Does the Paladin get the Find Steed Ritual? Because it doesn't seem like they do, yet Cleric, Druid, and even eventually Ranger can get it.

Distracted DM

Distracted DM
I had a question that I think got lost up-thread - Does the Paladin get the Find Steed Ritual? Because it doesn't seem like they do, yet Cleric, Druid, and even eventually Ranger can get it.
Looks like they don't. Paladins don't get rituals unless you take the Ritual Caster talent.

Distracted DM

Distracted DM
Talents. Feats. Something that hasn't come up yet!
The "Only 75 feats, not nearly enough" 5eRevised thread made me think about how TotV has changed something important.

When a character gets an Improvement, they either get the usual +1+1/+2 OR a +1 and a Talent.
Talents are restricted by class. They appear to be very similar or the same as 5e feats.

So characters will ALWAYS get a +1 in addition to a feat? Seems like a big boost.

The talents are sort of gated by character options that grant access, mainly class?
So yes, Talents are a different way of doing Feats.. and that means that TotV characters end up getting extra stat boosts alongside talents, if they so choose.

Marc Radle

Legend

They do not. It was a hard choice, but a choice to be made. Especially because the playtest feedback was clear---modern paladin players really don't use mounts--even magical ones! (def weird for us old school players to wrap our heads around, but the data was clear).

HOWEVER, there are also a LOT of ways/options folks can take to get access to ritual spells if they are one of the rare paladin players who can't live without the ability to cast find steed :)

With the huge array of heritage, lineage, talent, subclass, combos and more (including the Ritual Caster talent mentioned earlier) ....it is more than doable to make it happen (edited)

Paladins can also now use spell scrolls to cast any Divine spell they want---including find steed
:wink:

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads