Tales of Wyre

Justin

Explorer
I have a hypothetical question: at the beginning of this story, Sep mentioned that Mostin was a new character run by a player who had previously run a monk named Skaddius. If Skaddius hadn't died (and the player hadn't had to quit for a while), 1) how might this campaign have differed with a monk instead of an insane diviner/alienist and/or 2) could a monk have been viable in this campaign, given how limited their abilities seem to be? I love the idea of a high-level monk, especially with VoP like Nwm, but given the types of threats involved, I just don't see how a monk could meaningfully contribute.

Justin

Explorer
@Sepulchrave II

We love this story so much. In many ways, it has actually been inspirational to me for improving myself, such as Eadric's 99 days of gathering his strength and Nwm's ascetic ascendence (e.g. abandoning his torc). We will always be eternally grateful for the wonderful story you and your players created and shared with us here. That said, do you think you will ever be able to provide some kind of conclusion to the cliffhanger (Temenun's offer)? Even a podcast somewhere that you can answer submitted questions would be amazing!

Please also know that while I did @ you above, I will completely understand if you do not wish to engage here after so long, since you'd likely be overwhelmed by further questions and responses from everyone else here. I still happily re-read this story, which I've done numerous times, despite knowing where it leaves off, simply because it continues to bring me so much joy! :)

Justin

P.S. FWIW, I'm very close to your age and, if you're still in Portland, I live just a few hours away in the Seattle metro area, so if you ever want a few beers, hit me up. ;)

Remove ads