D&D 5E Tall's PotA Campaign - IC

BokaliMali

First Post
"Ha! Yes, quite clever. Sharp fellow, you are. Hilarious. I do know, or perhaps I do. I may not. I'm not sure. I find it hard to concentrate, you see, due to an unfortunate allergy to lying bound by rope while a stranger grills me for information. Oh, if only there were some way to alleviate my symptoms!"

Azurewraith

Explorer
"As much as I would love to untie you,well, the door is locked. So your going to have to sit tight while I find away to open it, unless you can open it."

KahlessNestor

Adventurer
2ed598l.jpg

Feathergale Spire
Evening

Errol looked up in surprise as a squire burst in, announcing a sighting of the beast, and a scramble ensued and Thurl invited them along.

“Then I suppose the feast is over,” Errol said with a chuckle as he stood. “Sure, let us see to the hunt,” he said, looking at his companions. JV seemed interested in going, as he hurried off. It would be good to get the knights out of the tower. The stable hand Duran was still not back, and Errol figured he might still be poking around. It would give him more time.

Errol headed down to the stables after retrieving his gear.

[sblock=Actions]
Action:
Move:
Conditions:
[/sblock]

[sblock=Errol’s Mini Stats]
Errol Dax
AC: 15
HP: 28/28 +5 thp
Superiority Dice: 4/4 @ d8 (Commander’s Strike, Rally, Trip)
Arrows: 40/40
[/sblock]

Yavathol

Explorer

As the feast broke up, and most of the knights seemed to be heading down to the stables, Ilvellios took the opportunity to nip upstairs and see what was holding Duran up.

When he got to the floor with the two locked doors, after making sure no one else was coming up the stairs after him, he quietly knocked on each door, "Hello?"

[sblock]Ilvellios hp 21/21
Str +0(+2 Saves), Dex +3(+5 Saves), Con +1, Int +0, Wis +2, Cha -1
Acrobatics +5, Survival +5, Stealth +5, Insight +5, Perception +5
AC 16
Inspiration no
Ki: 3/3
HD: 3/3
Quarterstaff +5, 1d8+3
Unarmed/Radiant Bolt +5, 1d4+3

http://www.enworld.org/forum/showth...otA-Campiagn&p=6897912&viewfull=1#post6897912
[/sblock]

TallIan

Explorer
Feathergale Spire, Evening.

On the Hunt

The knights head to their accommodation to don armour and weapons, before heading to the roof. Thurl doesn't give you a lot of time to respond before heading to his own room to ready himself.

Meanwhile the squires scurry about below, some are saddling two or three mounts while others rush about distributing the lesser equipment to the other squires, in a flurry of activity to help each other get their masters ready for battle.

One by one the mounts are taken up to the roof with the rider returning to the stables via the stairs to continue his duties. As each squire finishes saddling both his masters and his own mount and readying himself for the coming fight, they too fly up to the roof.

Julian, readying both himself and other mounts, talks you through some basic riding instructions, "...to go left. Mostly they fly themselves, they have a much better understanding of flight than we ever could. It's more a case of suggesting to them where you want to go. Head out when you are ready and take a few laps of the tower."

In the open air, things appear much more peaceful, mounted knights make graceful turns around the tower, occasionally landing to adjust something or talk to someone before leaping in the air again. By the time you get to the roof, Thurl is waiting, dressed in resplendent plate armour, with a strange light blue cape over his shoulders that attaches at his wrists and ankles. He watches the activity, his own mount perched nearby.

The knights start to form into groups of two knights and their squires, one knight from each flight landing on the roof awaiting orders from Thurl.

Thurl looks at the companions on the roof, "Are you brave enough to hunt this beast in your own flight or would you prefer to split up and join our flights?" To his flight commanders he says, "Spread out in a line and search for this evil creature, when you see it signal with your horn and the rest of us will come, don't attack unless there are at least two flights. Be mindful of the fog, it'll make it hard to see anything, but if we stay above it we won't see the manticore."

GM: For those going with, can I have an animal handling roll

In the Spire

Thessel and Duran, heard a sudden commotion outside the door that gradually died down, after a few minutes a knock on the door was followed by, "Hello?" in the familiar voice of Illvelious.

GM: PC locations:

Duran and Thessel: Locked in a room on the third floor
Illvelious: In the stairwell on the third floor
Errol and JV: On the roof.

TallIan

Explorer
GM: Ilvelious, can still join the hunt, but that will limit what he can do to help Duran.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

Yavathol

Explorer

Ilvellios quickly pulls out his lock picks and tries to open the door..

OOC:
Proficient with thieves tools:
[roll0]
[/OOC ]

[sblock]Ilvellios hp 21/21
Str +0(+2 Saves), Dex +3(+5 Saves), Con +1, Int +0, Wis +2, Cha -1
Acrobatics +5, Survival +5, Stealth +5, Insight +5, Perception +5
AC 16
Inspiration no
Ki: 3/3
HD: 3/3
Quarterstaff +5, 1d8+3
Unarmed/Radiant Bolt +5, 1d4+3

http://www.enworld.org/forum/showth...otA-Campiagn&p=6897912&viewfull=1#post6897912
[/sblock]

KahlessNestor

Adventurer
2ed598l.jpg

Feathergale Spire
Evening

Errol let the squire strap him onto his mount. He’d never done anything like this before, though, so he listened carefully to the instructions and stroked the gryphon’s feathery mane in reassurance before taking off from the stables. He took a couple practice laps around the tower, getting a feel for it, before alighting at the top with the others.

Errol considered Thurl’s question for a moment and then said, “We can make our own flight, try and stay out of your way. Wouldn’t want our inexperience to cost you the trophy,” he told the commander with a smile. “We’ll help and do what you ask.” He eyed the fog in the valley below. It, and being in their own flight, would help them sneak away if they needed to. “Perhaps one of yours could join us. Lady Savra, perhaps?” He affected a bit of fondness in his tone, like one stricken by the beauty of the young woman knight.

[sblock=Actions]
Action:
Move:
Conditions:
[/sblock]

[sblock=Errol’s Mini Stats]
Errol Dax
AC: 15
HP: 28/28 +5 thp
Superiority Dice: 4/4 @ d8 (Commander’s Strike, Rally, Trip)
Arrows: 40/40
[/sblock]

Remove ads