D&D 5E Tall's PotA Campaign - IC

Azurewraith

Explorer
Duran hands the scroll to his companion"Mean anything to you? Cults are never good. What's in the chest? No necros mind I must find my friends. I'm heading to the stables I would appreciate the company"

Duran heads off to the stables in search of the lost villagers.

KahlessNestor

Adventurer
2ed598l.jpg

Feathergale Spire
Evening

[sblock=OOC]JV should have had 5thp from Inspiring Leader I did this morning. Was that taken into account? Also, how would you rule Trip Attack on a flying creature?[/sblock]

Errol’s hippogryph swerved, narrowly avoiding one of the manticore’s spikes. JV was not so lucky. “JV, are you alright?” Errol called to his companion even as he was drawing his bow.

Errol urged his flying mount after the monster and loosed two arrows.

[sblock=Actions]
Action: Longbow attack with Action Surge: 1D20+7 = [14]+7 = 21
1D20+7 = [14]+7 = 21

Longbow damage: 1D8+3 = [5]+3 = 8
1D8+3 = [1]+3 = 4

Move:
Conditions:
[/sblock]

[sblock=Errol’s Mini Stats]
Errol Dax
AC: 15
HP: 28/28 +5 thp
Superiority Dice: 4/4/R @ d8 (Commander’s Strike, Rally, Trip)
Arrows: 37/40
Action Surge 1/R*
Second Wind 1/R
Inspiring Leader 1/R*
[/sblock]

Thateous

Explorer
"Ow!" JV proclaims as he removes the spike and tosses it aside. "I'm ok, but let's not suffer another wound like that." JV lifts a hand into the air and mutters a string of words.
OOC:
Action: Shortbow _: 1D20+4 = [9]+4 = 13

B action: shield of Faith.

hp: 16
Ac: 17

Last edited:

TallIan

Explorer
GM: Sorry, I forgot about the temp HP, I've edited the post

Feathergale Spire

In the Spire

The Stables are currently empty, all the mounts are out on the hunt at the moment. There are some servants getting the great hall ready again and you notice the two monks in the Solarium (S7) as you pass. The feast in the hall seems to be switching from mainly food to mainly drink.

From what Thessel has told you and the note, it seems very unlikely that the prisoners are here.

On the Hunt
Errol loses a flurry of arrows at the manticore, scoring two telling hits. JV loses an arrow from his bow, but it flies wide. He clasps his hands in prayer and a shimmer surrounds the air around him. The manticore continues to flee, but it is obvious that the party is faster. Concentrating its attack on the noisiest attacker the manticore loses three spikes at Julian, two catching the young squire squarely and knocking him unconscious. Held in by the bindings of his flying harness he hangs limply, his mount slowing and falling behind.

GM: rolls and stuff

Round 2
Errol (Initiative: 21)
Longbow attack with Action Surge: 1D20+7 = [14]+7 = 21
1D20+7 = [14]+7 = 21
Longbow damage: 1D8+3 = [5]+3 = 8
1D8+3 = [1]+3 = 4

JV (Initiative: 18)
Shortbow _: 1D20+4 = [9]+4 = 13

Manticore (Initiative: 17)
Manticore attack rolls, on Julian: 1D20+5 = [17]+5 = 22
1D20+5 = [6]+5 = 11
1D20+5 = [6]+5 = 11

Manticore damage: 1D8+3 = [8]+3 = 11

Julian (Initiative: 8)
Unconscious
Death save (+)

Summary
Julian: 0/9
Errol: 28(+5)/28
JV: 16/21
Manticore: 48/68 AC: 14

GM: [-]@Thateous, both Bless and Shield of Faith are concentration spells, so you'll have to pick one. If you choose Shield of faith then post you're actions for round 2 and I'll edit them in.[/-]
@KahlessNestor, It looks like its a bit of a oddity within the rules. If you knock the manticore prone it's speed will drop to 0 and will fall for the round. Until it "stands up" you'll have disadvantage shooting at it as that is the other effect of being prone. I guess you can think if the trip as entangling it's wings and the disadvantage as being from the unpredictable nature of its movement being uncontrolled.

Last edited:

KahlessNestor

Adventurer
2ed598l.jpg

Feathergale Spire
Evening

Errol wheeled his mount around to join JV and the unconscious squire. “How is he?” he asked. “This might be a good opportunity to slip back to the tower,” he said. “Poke around while they tend to him?”

He eyed the manticore to make sure the beast wasn’t circling back to them. Part of him still wanted to put the beast down, but it might keep the other knights occupied for longer.

[sblock=Actions]
Action:
Move:
Conditions:
[/sblock]

[sblock=Errol’s Mini Stats]
Errol Dax
AC: 15
HP: 28/28 +5 thp
Superiority Dice: (4/4/R @ d8) (Commander’s Strike, Rally, Trip)
Arrows: 37/40
Action Surge (1/R)*
Second Wind (1/R)
Inspiring Leader (1/R)*
[/sblock]

TallIan

Explorer
Feathergale Spire

GM: Let me know if there is anything else you would like to do in the Spire, the hunters have been gone for around 20 mins, and will take some time to get back. Freeing Thessel and routing through Thurl’s stuff has used around 10mins.

On the Hunt

JV guides his mount close to Julian’s. It proves tricky to get close enough to lay a hand on the squire as his mount keeps trying to follow yours. JV manages eventually sending a burst of magic that stops Julian getting any worse. Trying to get it to return to the tower proves impossible, but it becomes apparent that without guidance from its own rider it’ll follow your mount.

When Errol pulls up next to them he notices the manticore continues to flee, disappearing quickly into the fog. Errol and JV notice three shapes coming in from the east, apparently pursuing the manticore.

GM: If you want to head back you can either stay in the fog (concealment at the cost of speed and ease of navigation) or rise above it (easy and quick to get back but you’ll be more visible). Mechanically speaking, in the fog is lightly obscured up to 100 feet and heavily obscured beyond that, above the fog is dim light.

If you do anything other than follow the manticore, I’ll need a navigation check. If you don’t follow next round, you risk losing it in the fog.

GM: rolls and stuff

Round 3
Errol (Initiative: 21)
Move

JV (Initiative: 18)
Spare the dying

Manticore (Initiative: 17)
Dash to get away from the attackers.

Julian (Initiative: 8)
Unconscious
Stable

Summary
Julian: 0/9
Errol: 28(+5)/28
JV: 16/21
Manticore: 48/68 AC: 14

Azurewraith

Explorer
OOC: Just one more thing for Duran to do just remembered

Duran re-focuses he still hasn't checked the armoury maybe the villagers are locked in there.

TallIan

Explorer
The armoury is off the main entrance, where Savra and a squire are on guard duty. So you'll have to find some way to avoid their interference. There is no way you can sneak past them and pick the lock.

Remove ads