• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D 5E Tall's PotA Campaign - IC

Yavathol

Explorer
Ilvellios stayed with Thessel, "There is a lass here called Savras, a squire who wants out but seems pretty frightened. Let's go find her, shall we?"

TallIan

Explorer
GM: Savra is a full, if low ranked, knight (knightess?). She's in the gate room on guard.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

TallIan

Explorer
Feathergale Spire,
Evening

GM: I'm not quite sure if you have all joined back up together, and now have the same agenda, or not. So I'm going to write this as though you are, but let me know if things are otherwise. If this really isn't what you were planning then let me know in the OOC thread and I'll edit this post.

The group head to the guard room, where Savra is alone, near the door. There is a very limited view of the outside world from the guard room, just a small slit in the door allowing people inside to see anyone approaching along the drawbridge, so guards in here are very reliant on information from the guard on the roof.

She seems taken aback by the sight of Thessel, nervously resting her hand on her scabbarded sword's hilt, but seems reluctant to fight - maybe because of the superior numbers.

It occurs to you that being alone guarding the door, she could leave the Spire without any interference - at least at first.

KahlessNestor

Adventurer
2ed598l.jpg

Feathergale Spire
Evening

Errol and JV ran into the others on the way down the stairs. They appeared to have picked up someone else, as well. Errol just raised an eyebrow, but didn’t question it, at least for now.

They found Savra in the guard room at the entrance. She seemed nervous and touched her sword, but Errol gave her a nod of reassurance. “You’re on duty alone?” he asked, having expected to find another knight with her. “That is fortuitous. We can get you out of here,” he told her. “Unless there is anything else you feel we need to investigate here?

[sblock=Actions]
Action:
Move:
Conditions:
[/sblock]

[sblock=Errol’s Mini Stats]
Errol Dax
AC: 15
HP: 28/28 +5 thp
Superiority Dice: (4/4/R @ d8) (Commander’s Strike, Rally, Trip)
Arrows: 37/40
Action Surge (1/R)*
Second Wind (1/R)
Inspiring Leader (1/R)*
[/sblock]

Yavathol

Explorer
Ilvellios quickly showed Errol and JV the copy of the letter from Thurl's office, "These guys are definitely involved in the attack on the delegates, but the prisoners aren't here. Do we move on without questioning the monks, or stay and plead ignorance of the departure of Savra and Thessel, or attack the monks before the knights return?"

Azurewraith

Explorer
"I am not a man of violence... but these monks seem to be responsible for what has been happening with well, everything recently" Duran smiles "Forgive the ramblings of this old man"

TallIan

Explorer
Feathergale Spire
Evening

Savra glances nervously at the door leading to the Solarium, where the monks are meditating. In a hushed voice she says, "What about the lookout at the top, you can see for miles around the Spire? Anyway, I can't leave, I have nowhere to go. They know where my family live and I've done....things I'd get into trouble for - prison even. They all have. If I fled, they'd bring those things to light. While the Feathergale Society exists I'm trapped here.

"I've not been there, but there is a gully along the east wall of the Sighing Valley, where the monks go. I think they have some kind of temple there. It's impossible reach without someone from the Spire seeing you though. I think some of the delegates are being held there. The rest are probably at the Sacred Stone monastery or Riverguard Keep. The stone monks are the ones who ambushed the delegation and pirates at Riverguard helped them cross the river before we – the Feathergales – attacked the stone monks, so you might want to look there as well."

You see a hopeful look on her face, as she looks from one to the other of you. “The Feathergale Society is evil, they just don’t realise it.”

[/GM]You remember the gully she was talking about from looking out of the valley earlier in the day. To navigate the valley during the day, you would almost certainly be seen, to try at night, under the fog, would likely prove difficult.

Savra’s directions to Riverguard keep are very clear, and it sounds easy to find. Her directions to the Sacred Stone monastery are somewhat vague though.[/GM]

Azurewraith

Explorer
"I know not of this gully but I'm sure no one would pay no heed if a rat or a dog where to wander up and have a look, It will have to wait until morning though my old bones are tired"

Remove ads