D&D 5E Tall's PotA Campaign - IC

TallIan

Explorer
[BAR]Riverguard Keep, Day 5 evening
[/BAR]

Drosnin's suspicious look fades and she waves the guards back. Chuckling at the insults flying between the group she says, "Well looks like you'll fit in here - if you can sort your memory out. Best to remember who's who and who thinks they're who. Jolliver is the only reason this place doesn't descend into anarchy, and there are many who covet his position and run their own little fiefdoms. Now be gone, I've things to do."

GM: Urshnora mentioned "Jolly" but not who he was, I wasn't 100% sure it wasn't IRL forgetfulness, but went with it to keep things flowing.

KahlessNestor

Adventurer
2ed598l.jpg

Dessarin/Riverguard Keep
Day 5/Evening
Round 0

“Likely,” Errol had to agree with the others. “We now know that the city we were in under Featherguard stretches all the way under the Sumber Hills, including here. I wouldn’t doubt it is under the Stone Cult’s monastery, as well. And that is where we were told the prisoners would be.”

Errol mused for a moment. “Drosnin said Jolliver is the only thing keeping this place together. Could we possibly take him out before we leave?” he asked. “What if we waited behind that secret door to his chambers, the one we entered from? Kill him in his room, maybe even hide the body. We could grab Ushnora on the way quickly, too, before she’s found. Then we exit out through the river like we entered with no one the wiser.”

[sblock=Actions]
Action:
Move:
Conditions:
[/sblock]

[sblock=Errol’s Mini Stats]
Inspiration: 1
AC: 16
HP: 31/36 HD: 3/4d10
Superiority Dice: (4/4/R @ d8 DC 14) (Commander’s Strike, Rally, Trip)
Arrows: 35
Bolts: 23
Action Surge (1/R)
Second Wind (1/R 1d10+4)
Inspiring Leader (1/R 6)*
[/sblock]

Yavathol

Explorer
"That's an interesting idea. Two things: if we try it we'd have to be very quick, before he can call for guards, but we could possibly interrogate him then; secondly wouldn't Drosnin likely then take his place? Unless she is too fanatical for most of the brigands here.."

Azurewraith

Explorer
Duran's face creases as if he is deep in thought" i know a spell that could paralyze her"
OOC: So I totally forgot that I had 2nd level slots 3 of them infact!

TallIan

Explorer
GM: Illvillious, and the rest, doubt Drosnin would be the one to take over the leadership. From what you've seen the garrison is mostly thugs and brigands who are kept in line through brute force. Drosnin doesn't exude any sense of brute force, though she does seem confident in herself. If someone took over Jolliver's position, she could hope to retain her station as "chaplain", but equally likely is the possibility the new leader would replace her with someone loyal. There is likely to be some infighting between the various factions within the keep, unless a higher authority imposes itself.

The tunnel you walked through from Feathergale to the underground city was quite long, with many twists and turns. Without something like keen mind, you couldn't possibly guess where the city was geographically, but the city wouldn't have to sprawl all that far to be considered close enough to Riverguard for locals to say it was "below", especially if the entrance from Riverguard included it's own long tunnel. The same could be surmised for the monastery.

Last edited:

Remove ads