D&D 5E Tall's PotA Campaign - IC

Thateous

Explorer
JV.jpg
As much as I'd love to just go around and ignore these brigands, I feel obligated to remind you that the next group to wander through here might not be so perceptive and might lose more than just a few material possessions..." JV says after finding cover.

Last edited:

KahlessNestor

Adventurer
2ed598l.jpg

Dessarin/Red Larch
Day 6/Evening
Round 0

“Perhaps the boy will vouch for us,” Errol said. “We could claim we saw the attacker and chased him off, but not before he killed the guard. Claim it was one of the earth cultists, perhaps? Savra will help us, too, I think. She wishes to be free of them to go home. But I agree, let us go find this earth cult and see what mischief we can make for them so the air cult will be more likely to trust us.”

[sblock=Actions]
Action:
Move:.
Conditions:
[/sblock]

[sblock=Errol’s Mini Stats]
Inspiration: 2
AC: 16
HP: 31/36 HD: 3/4d10
Superiority Dice: (4/4/R @ d8 DC 14) (Commander’s Strike, Rally, Trip)
Arrows: 35
Bolts: 22
Action Surge (1/R)
Second Wind (1/R 1d10+4)
Inspiring Leader (1/R 6)
[/sblock]

TallIan

Explorer
Red Larch, Day 6 Evening

As you question various dwarves the tavern starts to fill up with locals finishing their day. A travelling bard starts to sing and recite epic poems of wizards and war heroes. Late into the night a group of heavily armed and armoured men enter the tavern and sit down. They are wearing symbols of Tyr and appear to have travelled.

The bard starts a poem of the Trollwars, a series of ferocious wars between Waterdeap and trolls, celebrating the efforts of the Caradoon brothers and their pivotal role in the ultimate victory. The youngest, Samular, is attributed with unsurpassed bravery and faith rallied many men and to his cause. Sadly the middle brother, Amphail, a great warrior himself, survived the second Troll War only to be cut down in a petty troll raid less than a year later. The eldest, Renwick - a wizard of great power, died in the final battle.

The poem receives great cheers from the heavily armed men, stamping their feet and raising mugs, until the bard comes to his last verse - rumours that the young Samular fed his dying elder brother a potion that brought about his unnatural everlasting life. The cheers from the knights turn quickly to boos and jeers, when one of them stands, knocking drinks over, the bard cuts short his last verse and takes his leave of the tavern. The offended knight takes his seat again but it is clear that the once jovial mood of the knights has turned foul. You doubt they will cause trouble, but you feel sorry for the bard you has lost his income for the night.

GM: When you want to leave let me know if you intend to travel at night or wait until morning. If you leave before midnight, you will arrive in the area you think the monastery is around dawn. Also let me know if you are heading straight there, or intending to search the surrounding area, for a secret entrance of anything else.

Yavathol

Explorer
"I think we should look, but no point searching in the dark, so lets leave at first light?"

Ilvellios feels sorry for the bard, so he excuses himself and goes out after the fellow, intending to pass him some silver and find out where he heard that tale from.

TallIan

Explorer
Red Larch, Day 6 Evening

Illvilious heads out after the bard, he hasn't gone far but is nervously watching the door. A friendly greeting and some silver from Illvilious puts the bard at ease. "It's a tale that does the rounds in the north*, as you can tell the last verse doesn't go down well with the Samular Knights. Their founder was Samular Caradoon, though both his brothers were instrumental in setting up the order, even the wizard Renwick Caradoon.

"It is well known that the elder brother had long been preparing for lichdom, but it is only a rumour that Samular fed Renwick a potion to bring about the condition as Renwick lay dying on the field of battle. Aware that Samular's fledgling order of knights would not withstand the controversy Renwick withdrew into solitude, taking up residence in an abandoned fort in the Sumber Hills.

"My poem usually gets a good reception with the locals, Renwick is supposedly benevolent and the simple folk like the idea of a powerful guardian."

GM: *by "north" he means the region you are in.

Unless Illvilious, or anyone else, has more questions for the bard I'll move things along to the search for a secret entrance to the monastery.

KahlessNestor

Adventurer
2ed598l.jpg

Dessarin/Red Larch
Day 6/Evening
Round 0

Errol sipped his ale and listened to the song of the bard. He noted the knights that entered the tavern, and their disruptiveness when the bard sang the second half of his song, driving the poor man off the stage and out of the tavern. He eyed them warily. They looked to be in a mood now.

“I agree we should travel at first light and try and search during the day,” Errol said. “Traveling at night is dangerous, inviting trouble out in the wilds.”

As Illvelious excused himself, Errol turned his attention back to the knights. “Perhaps we should retire for the evening,” he said, downing the last of ale and getting up. “I’ll be up shortly after I hit the privy.”

[sblock=Actions]
Action:
Move:.
Conditions:
[/sblock]

[sblock=Errol’s Mini Stats]
Inspiration: 2
AC: 16
HP: 31/36 HD: 3/4d10
Superiority Dice: (4/4/R @ d8 DC 14) (Commander’s Strike, Rally, Trip)
Arrows: 35
Bolts: 22
Action Surge (1/R)
Second Wind (1/R 1d10+4)
Inspiring Leader (1/R 6)
[/sblock]

TallIan

Explorer
Sumber Hills, Day 7 Morning

The group sets off early the next morning heading north-west along the Larch Path into the Sumber Hills. You follow the path for about two hours and are just about to strike cross country when Duran spots some suspicious movement off the path about 100 yards ahead. There appears to be about ten people trying to hide in the undergrowth. They appear to be set up in a well planned ambush, spread along 150ft of the road with a strong group in the middle and two smaller groups further out, ready to catch any fleeing victims. They don't appear to have spotted you yet.

GM: In the interest of keeping things moving, if Illvilious, or anyone else, has more questions for the bard I’ll handle that as a tangent, but I thought I would get this posted as most character are retiring for the night.

Remove ads