• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D 5E Tall's PotA Campaign - IC

Yavathol

Explorer
Ilvellios looked one way, at the departing druid, then the other..

His wood elf heritage meant he was very curious about the Emerald Enclave, and their perspective on this information. On the other hand, the Harpers had acquired something of a reputation, though shrouded in secrecy, and Nariah had requested his aid.

"Remember, there are likely to be cult spies here in town. We should try and keep a low profile, but I also think we should not split up. Let us go together to each faction, it matters not which is first?"

OOC:
Hopefully this way he will not have to choose! Plus I do think we should not split up, but if the others are insistent then he will go to the Harpers with Nariah.

Can we make a group stealth check to try and avoid notice by taking the back streets at the quiet time of day?

TallIan

Explorer
Red Larch, Day 6 Evening

With the group reporting to their respective contacts in Red Larch, the replies are somewhat disappointing. All are keen on the information, especially news on the Mirabar delegation, but don't seem overly concerned about the rise of strange cults in the region. The replies you get are all polite ways of saying, "Yes, that's interesting but we need proof." Only Errol gets a bit more, hearing that the Feathergale Society is more than just flying enthusiasts causes some concern, especially if they have any influence in Waterdeep. The Tanlar's (the LA contact) promise to send the information on and have the Alliance in Waterdeep look into it.

[/GM]
I don't remember ever encountering the elf with the seeds. Did I overlook it?
You remember correctly, you haven't come across anyone yet.

Here is a map of Red Larch, as you can see it is not that big and doesn't have many back streets. It does, however, have a lot of travellers passing through so you find it easy enough to blend into the crowd. You would have to be doing something out of the ordinary to attract the attention of someone simply "on the lookout". If there is a spy they would have to be looking specifically for you or specifically at certain townsfolk and notice you interacting with them, there are simply too many non residents in town.

If you choose to stay together, things will take slightly longer to achieve, but in all honesty I doubt that will affect anything in game, so if you like security in numbers go ahead.[/GM]

Thateous

Explorer
J.V. Shows his contact the book he found, more out of amusement than proof of anything and the symbols he has come across. He then waits for Duran before heading back out into the busy streets.

Sent from my SM-G955U using EN World mobile app

Azurewraith

Explorer
"Just because something is easy does not mean we should give up. On the contrary if something is worth doing it will be a long and difficult path, we must keep moving forward not backward." Duran says solemnly as he claps J.V on the shoulder.

TallIan

Explorer
Red Larch, Day 6 Evening

"Hmm", says Haeleena, J.V's contact, "I've not seen the others but this one, she points to the earth symbol, "Is the one found in the cavern under the town. I had thought the Believers were their own authority, but maybe they were something more. They have apparently been running the town for some time, far longer than the current troubles. This doesn't quite make sense."

When J.V. shows here the book she gets very excited, "This looks like it could be one of the volumes send from Mirabar as a gift. The delegation would not have parted with these easily, they are quite costly. Whoever had these is most certainly involved in the delegations disappearance."

KahlessNestor

Adventurer
2ed598l.jpg

Dessarin/Riverguard Keep
Day 6/Evening
Round 0

With his report made, Errol headed back out into town once more. He headed back to the inn for a pint and to listen to any new rumors in town, and to be easily found by his compatriots.

[sblock=Actions]
Action:
Move:.
Conditions:
[/sblock]

[sblock=Errol’s Mini Stats]
Inspiration: 2
AC: 16
HP: 31/36 HD: 3/4d10
Superiority Dice: (4/4/R @ d8 DC 14) (Commander’s Strike, Rally, Trip)
Arrows: 35
Bolts: 22
Action Surge (1/R)
Second Wind (1/R 1d10+4)
Inspiring Leader (1/R 6)
[/sblock]

Remove ads