D&D 5E Tall's PotA Campaign - IC

TallIan

Explorer
[B]Sumber Hills[/B], Day 7, Morning

J.V's attempt to mentally communicate with the bandit prove harder than he would have thought. The man looks confused at first, glancing around, then seems to grow worried. After posing the question for a second time he answers out loud barely audibly, "...easy money? He seems unsure, as though he is expecting to be told his answer is wrong.

The group find themselves somewhere to settle for an hour or so. With the light foliage and undulating ground it is not hard to find somewhere that will do in a pinch. You are not likely to be seen unless someone walks right into your campsite, but equally you could not hope to see anyone coming.

Binding the captives the group heads out of ear shot to plan.

GM: A short rest seems to be on the cards, so HD, etc can be rolled

I've assumed you restrain the captives and to save time (and build suspense) I've rolled as well. The bandit will do whatever seems most likely to save his skin, but the reaver will fight anything you try to make him do. You'll have to come up with some way of getting him back. Simply carrying him will prove very hard as he squirms and fights continuously. No kind of threat works.

Once in town, the everyone seems to be leaning towards trying to flush out the spy. I'll give a little more time to discuss and update soonish.

KahlessNestor

Adventurer
2ed598l.jpg

Dessarin/Red Larch
Day 7/Morning
Round 0

Errol broke open the barrel of salted fish and one of the kegs of ale to provide them with some light refreshment while they waited. He made sure to gag the two captives, at least until someone wished to talk with them again, so they wouldn’t make noise. He urged his companions on with some encouragement. They would discover this spy, cults be damned.

As they prepared to head out, Errol found a tree. He cut down two long, straight branches to make a travois and lashed the uncooperative reaver to it so they could drag him back to town easily.

OOC: Inspiring Leader gives everyone 6 thp

[sblock=Actions]
Move:
Action:
Bonus Action:
Conditions:
Bolts used:
[/sblock]

[sblock=Errol’s Mini Stats]
Inspiration: 2
AC: 16
HP: 36/36+6 thp HD: 4/4d10
Superiority Dice: (4/4/R @ d8 DC 14) (Commander’s Strike, Rally, Trip)
Arrows: 35
Bolts: 18
Action Surge (1/R)
Second Wind (1/R 1d10+4)
Inspiring Leader (1/R 6)
[/sblock]

[sblock=Party Loot]
21 gp
Barrel of wheat
Barrel of salted fish
2 barrels of ale
Camping supplies and weapons
[/sblock]

Azurewraith

Explorer
"I think the plan is to pick a focus we are currently running all over the place trying to do everything at once, much like a child in a sandbox. We need to pick one branch of this ever branching tree and follow it to the leaf." The old druid shrugged hoping he sounded profound and wise.
OOC: And not at all meta

Yavathol

Explorer

Ilvellios opened his eyes, having completed his meditation.
"I'm not quite sure what you are saying, Duran, but I think we need to bear in mind that we are outnumbered and hence still gathering information. Secondly, we need to stay flexible. We did have a plan of action, then we discovered the existence of a spy, so we need to reassess and factor that into our plans. Until now we have had the advantage of surprise over these cults, it would be nice to keep that but since Shaolar got away it sounds like that is no longer possible, at least with the water cult.."

OOC:
Spending one HD to go back to full health and all ki points regained after the short rest:)

[sblock]Ilvellios hp 27/27 thp 0
Str +0(+2 Saves), Dex +4(+6 Saves), Con +1, Int +0, Wis +2, Cha -1
Acrobatics +6, Survival +5, Stealth +6, Insight +5, Perception +5
AC 17
Inspiration yes
Ki: 4/4
HD: 3/4
Quarterstaff +6, 1d8+4
Unarmed/Radiant Bolt +6, 1d4+4

http://www.enworld.org/forum/showth...otA-Campiagn&p=6897912&viewfull=1#post6897912
[/sblock]

Charwoman Gene

Adventurer
"I agree with the druid. To extend the analogy, we are shaking all the branches right now, we need to focus on finding a way to actually resolve something," Nariah says forcefully.

She is totally not desperately trying to figure a way to steer this back to killing Windharrow, nor cursing not trying something when she had her chance.

KahlessNestor

Adventurer
2ed598l.jpg

Dessarin/Red Larch
Day 7/Morning
Round 0

“Currently only the water cult seems to have their sights set on us,” Errol said. “I suggest we focus on taking them out. We know the cults don’t play well together, so hopefully they don’t communicate effectively. Also, we still haven’t found the survivors of the Mirabar delegation. That might need to be a priority, regardless of the spy. He can’t spy on us if we’re not around.” He looked at the prisoners again. “We may not have any luck convincing the one to keep quiet, but the other sounded like he was more of a mercenary than a true believer. Perhaps enough gold would sway him to find employment elsewhere without informing the cult.”

[sblock=Actions]
Move:
Action:
Bonus Action:
Conditions:
Bolts used:
[/sblock]

[sblock=Errol’s Mini Stats]
Inspiration: 2
AC: 16
HP: 36/36+6 thp HD: 4/4d10
Superiority Dice: (4/4/R @ d8 DC 14) (Commander’s Strike, Rally, Trip)
Arrows: 35
Bolts: 18
Action Surge (1/R)
Second Wind (1/R 1d10+4)
Inspiring Leader (1/R 6)
[/sblock]

[sblock=Party Loot]
21 gp
Barrel of wheat
Barrel of salted fish
2 barrels of ale
Camping supplies and weapons
[/sblock]

Yavathol

Explorer
OOC:
I think that the last few posts​ may have indicates that there isn't a clear consensus. I'd prefer to try and identify the spy, but I'm not that fussed either way so let's just get on and do something! :)

I am concerned that going after Windharrow may be out of our depth for our current level though! If we do this, we'll need to be very careful..

Thateous

Explorer
OOC: Well nothing is worst in an live group than when they spend an hour just trying to debate their next move. So, priority in my opinion is the delegates, due to lives being at risk.

Remove ads