• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

*tap, tap* Anybody home?

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
It's great to be back! We all owe thanks to Adlon (of Mortality.net), the staff of Cyberstreet, Thomas Heretic, and, of course, Piratecat who made all the phone calls and kept those on Nothingland, RPG.net, Monte's boards and other places informed. Thanks, guys!

BSF

Explorer
I am guessing that they completely re-indexed the database in the process. One of those things that is server intensive and since it was down and in need of repair anyway, it would make sense to re-index. It might have been necessary for all I know. :) But a reindex would probably help speed a lot of things up for a little while.

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
Well, also remember that not everyone realises we're back yet. Wait until tomorrow lunchtime before evaluating the speed. :)

Morrus said:
Well, also remember that not everyone realises we're back yet. Wait until tomorrow lunchtime before evaluating the speed. :)
True, but there's about the same amount of people now(according to that neat little counter) that are usually on in the afternoons when the boards are slow for me

Truth Seeker

Adventurer
We are back, but not at full strength, the menu opitions like to change lettering, invoke the bold feature and so forth...are like window dressing, looks good, but can't touch.

And yes PC is the cat!!!

Now excuse me, I must go to WOTC and announce the return of EnWorld....hehehe :)

BSF

Explorer
I was noticing that the boards are faster for me right now than they usually are when I am cruising the boards at the midnight hour (MST) with fewer folks on.

The true test will be as the normal workday moves across the globe though. I am still glad to have EN World back. :)

BSF

Explorer
Truth Seeker said:
We are back, but not at full strength, the menu opitions like to change lettering, invoke the bold feature and so forth...are like window dressing, looks good, but can't touch.

And yes PC is the cat!!!

Now excuse me, I must go to WOTC and announce the return of EnWorld....hehehe :)

Huh - yeah the menu options are non-functional. I hadn't noticed since I often just type the vbcode. Especially in long posts that I do offline first and then copy/paste into a post.

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
BardStephenFox said:
Huh - yeah the menu options are non-functional. I hadn't noticed since I often just type the vbcode. Especially in long posts that I do offline first and then copy/paste into a post.
Hmmm... that's not good!

Remove ads