• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Tasty Scenarios for Novice DMs?

nedjer

Adventurer
I'm looking for the most tasty D&D scenarios to form a sequence for novice DMs in terms of:

Running roughly levels 1-10 (might be tighter than that to avoid gaps)
Some variety: e.g. dungeon - wilderness - maritime or the likes
Progression towards a balance of sandbox and railroad
Progression in terms of the skills the GM picks-up, e.g. adventure to module - campaign and/ or promoting player choice and open-ended outcomes

Old School would be good for me; but New School most welcome :)

Gilladian

Adventurer
Personally, I'd pick one of Paizo's adventure paths, and pick a spot that looks good to cut it off early and rewrite the ending at that point. While each has a distinctive flavor, they all seem to have a fairly good mix of town, exploration and dungeon crawl. Rise of the Runelords is a good one, as there are several points at which the adventure can "end" reasonably sensibly.

MINI

First Post
Can you be more detailed about the levels for the campaign and what your trying to set up. I think your parameters may be a bit vague because I don't seem to understand what your asking for on this.

Remove ads