Tavern - City of Orussus, The Red Dragon Inn '08

Scott DeWar

Prof. Emeritus-Supernatural Events/Countermeasure
Karl's eyebrows both raise as Richard rolls the dice and gets a 9. He is not sure how long this game is going to last....

(invisble castl seems to be down. I will try again later)

H.M. : I say , if the adventuter gets approved, go ahead and bring it to the RDI. It the dice game is still going, oh well. there are enough 1-2 levels here to get you a group, without Karl.

covaithe

Explorer
A sullen-looking human warrior in patched chainmail saunters over to the gamblers. He makes no move to join them, but watches with grudging interest.

[sblock=ooc]Gaius Corvinus is a (very poor) 2nd level fighter.[/sblock]

Scott DeWar

OOC: ok, IC is working again!

*rattle rattle clatter clickity clunkity clatter clunk clunk click clunk*

the dice are shake and thrown on the table, noise in the quiet room is only puntuated by the snoring of someone in the commen area. the dice finally come to a rest :

2d6=7

"oh well richard. the pot is yours."

ScorpiusRisk

First Post
After much travel, Dane arrives in Orussus and makes his way for the famed Red Dragon Inn. He considered spending his first night in a normal inn to help recuperate but he had come this far already.

A tall human clad in scale mail and well armed enters the tavern, and takes in the scene. Before he can get comfortable or even get a strong sense of his surroundings, and old bar maid spots him and rushes over pointing to an at the bar.

"You're new. I'm not. That's Joe at the bar. Go introduce yourself to him and say hi before you do anything else." The woman spoke in very plain terms but the look on her face made it clear she was quite serious and would be very insistent. Weary and slightly confused Dane made his way over and after a moment, had the man's ear. He spoke relatively quietly.

"I am Dane, of Ignussus. I have travelled long and am looking for food, lodging and work." He smiled at the man, who was obviously important, at least here, and heard a familiar voice over his shoulder.

"Good. Now turn around and shout it to everyone else. I'll get you something to eat."

Dane turned around and the woman was already shuffling off. It seemed an odd practice to interrupt everyone at the bar, but he was used to shouting over the rabble of a busy forge. He stood up straight and tried to sound less tired.

"I am called Firebuilder, Priest of Ayratha and Weapon Smith. I am looking for work of many kinds." Confident that at least some patrons had heard him, Dane slung off his backpack and took a seat at the nearest empty table, content to rest his legs, for now.

[sblock=ooc]Dane is a level 1 Human Cleric, about halfway through approval.[/sblock]

hellrazor111

First Post
Cray wakes to the sound of someone giving an introduction. When they finish, Cray says out "Welcome Dane, rest a while, the drink is free and there's no work to be done."

[sblock=ooc]
Cray is a level 1 Paladin
[/sblock]

Last edited:

Scott DeWar

"Well met Priest" says a human. He leans back from what looks to be a dice game with a small mound of about half a pound of silver. "welcome to the Red Dragon Inn!"

ScorpiusRisk

First Post
The drinks are free. . .Dane had almost forgotten that part of the tales, then again he never really believed it. Sure enough when the waitress came by with an ale and a simple thick stew no money was asked for.

He raised his glass quietly to the man who had spoken.

[sblock=ooc]Just to clarify, Dane only used his real name to Joe, quietly at the bar. I'm not saying no one heard him, but you'd have to have been at the bar or have very good hearing.

Everyone one else would know him as firebuilder. Unless Cray did infact hear him and meant to say that. In which case everyone probably slightly confused. :)[/sblock]

Scott DeWar

Karl gives the waitress a quick wink and says, "seeing that I just lost this hand of this game, I need a drink please. Ale?"

A moment later she retrievs the drink already poured before karl spoke and retuns to him. he then offers a raised back to firebuilder.

hellrazor111

First Post
[sblock=ScorpiousRisk]
My bad, missed that you didn't say it to everyone, but listen is one of my 2 skills, of course Cray was asleep... :eek:
[/sblock]

"We have many men of faith here Firebuilder, I personally am a paladin of Grendath, the name's Cray." The paladin offers his hand to Dane. "Will you bring another ale?" He asks to a passing waitress.

ScorpiusRisk

First Post
Dane looked the Paladin over curiously while he spoke. Never seen a Paladin of such a chaotic god. Then again, I'm not sure I've ever met anyone who revered Grendath directly. He eyed the outstretched hand for a moment and something seemed just a little off. A Paladin of good would be a useful ally, yet a man of chaos may just get in the way. Then again, beggars can't be picky and a contact is a contact.

Dane lifted his stew and ale and sat down at Cray's table, shaking the man's hand.

"Well met Cray of Grenath." He made himself comfortable. "Excuse my curiosity but I have not met many of you're cloth. I thought Grenath's followers numbered generally among the smaller folk."

Remove ads