Tavern - City of Orussus, The Red Dragon Inn '08

Boddynock

First Post
Enthalas gazes up wearily at the sign and sighs. Leaning against the bar tiredly, he forced what might be considered a smile and said,

"Enthalas the Wizard will have a cider."
Even before he's finished speaking, the barkeep is pushing a tankard of cider towards Enthalas.

Tjaden

First Post
The half-elf gingerly lifts the tankard and glides over to a table in the corner. Placing his pack at his side, he slides into a chair and stares at the cider for a few moments. Shrugging, he raises the tankard to his lips.

Theroc

First Post
Viktor noticed the sign being posted, approaching the sign to investigate, also attempting to call up any information about such a company.

[sblock=OOC]
Making an Intelligence check since Knowledge is not a trained skill for Viktor.
1d20+2=3

Also, Viktor is a level 1 fighter.
[/sblock]

hellrazor111

First Post
"Well, not everyone is willing to accept someone with my condition as a warrior, and I was raised by the clergy when my parents abandoned me." Cray takes a long drink before continuing. "I was ill-suited to be a cleric, so I was trained as a paladin."

After the two men leave Cray asks, "What does it say Dane?"

Last edited:

ScorpiusRisk

First Post
Dane looked to Cray while he was speaking and nodded, empathetically, when speaking of his past. Makes me think of home.

"Aye, you would not be the first person I've met that fell into the faith in their youth."

Cray said:
After the two men leave Cray asks, "What does it say Dane?"

Dane shrugged and made his way over to the board, curious himself as to its contents. Man has better hearing than I thought, even if he did get the name wrong.

Looking the notice down, he decided to read it aloud, instead of just reporting back to the Paladin. No reason we need to do this one at a time.

"The notice says" He cleared his throat before continuing in a booming voice. "The Detirman Trade Company is looking to hire on outside employees for a local and temporary contract! All interested parties should apply at the Detirman Trade Company Offices, wherever that is, tommorrow at 9 AM for a briefing and assingment. Huh."

He looks over the paper for content but doesn't see what he's looking for.

"It doesn't say how they will choose who gets the job. It almost implies thy'll take all comers or maybe it's first come, first served. Anyway. . . You get 50 gold up front and a 100 more at the end! Keep what you find. . . something about salvage laws. . . record your possesions ahead of time. . . and more legal stuff."

He looks over it one more time, and finally decided he had spoken everything that was important.

"Sounds good to me." He says walking back over to Cray. He slips a silver coin onto the table next to his empty mug and bowl. "Mayhaps I'll see you there." And he adds lowering his voice. "And till then friend, the name's Firebuilder."

He then ventures over to Richard's table, having seen his motions and lightly rests his hands over his weapons, not in a threatening manner, but more a natural state.

"What can I do for you sirs?"

[sblock=Holyman]
Know Local (1d20=15)

Dane is a levle 1 Cleric and is interested.[/sblock]

Richard Rawen

First Post
"Ahh, 'Firebuilder' was it?" Richard starts, standing and extending a calloused hand. While the young human has boyish features, there are dozens of small scars across his hands, neck... well, upon any exposed skin. The unmistakeable grit and grime of someone who works a forge is evident, though the man has taken pains to clean up as much as cold water allows. His smile is genuine and lastly, the ornate hilt of a very well cared for Bastardsword which rests scabarded on the wall peg behind him.
"I noticed in your intro you called yourself a Weaponsmith? I'm but an apprentice in the trade myself and wondered if you'd mind a commission once in awhile, should they arise?"

Last edited:

ScorpiusRisk

First Post
Dane's eyes did not miss the marks upon the man's body, but did not question his appearance. It seemed familiar enough.

"Certainly, you honor me with you're trust." He gave the man a small nod. "I am only most recent to the city. I have brought with me my tools, but am yet to acquire a workshop." His eyes fell again on the marks and figured well that the man had not been from the forge too long. "But if you have space for me, I'm sure you will find my skills adequate to your tasks."

Last edited:

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
Detirman Trade Company

Knowledge(local)

DC 0 = The Detirman Trade Company has only been in Orussus for less than a year, they originated from somewhere south. They have a compound on Merchant Avenue.
[sblock=DC 5]DTC has caravans coming and going all the time. They deal mostly in foreign goods from far away lands. And they almost never hire outside their guild except for the laborers they use to load and unload shipments. [/sblock]
[sblock=DC 10]DTC has a guild hall in almost every major city south of Orussus and it looks like they want to expand to the north as well. The compound in Orussus is well fortified and supplied, some say in the past DTC had trouble in other towns with guild wars. [/sblock]

Richard Rawen

First Post
[sblock=Firestarter]LOL, ok, so Richard is 23 and just shy of 5th level Fighter! Far from a 'boy'. =-)
He is just one of those guys that look like a kid even though they would be a college graduate and often have kids themselves for a comparison to RL. So I describe his looks as "boyish" to convey that, not so well apparently!

He's also the generally laid back, easy going type, which I play in contrast to the really crappy past he has survived. The scars look to be inflicted, as in from cuts and scrapes, even some fairly deep punctures... those are the evidence of his harsh youth.
The evidence of the forge-work is much more recent, and not really that heavy as he's only been at it about a month. Those signs are more in the callousing and various burn-callouses associated with regularly handling the forge equipment and red-hot metal day-in / day-out. It's hard to convey all we want to about our characters without really long-winded posts like this!
Thanks for your time,
RR [/sblock]
Richard leans back a bit, sips his dark stout and listens to the chatter of the younger fellows, better to let them take on a guard job, perhaps something more challenging would come along?
Focusing again on the young man before him, he nods his head, "I have been given the honor of watching over a prestigious local Smithy. You are welcome to stop by some time and we can see what arrangements we can come to. For now, sit if you would, tell me about yourself and how you came to forge weapons?"

Last edited:

Remove ads