Tavern - City of Orussus, The Red Dragon Inn '08

Scott DeWar

Prof. Emeritus-Supernatural Events/Countermeasure
[sblock=jkason] not joining the adventure is fine and dandy, but what of the peculiar adventure that wheel just returned from? Karl (me) is curious to no end!! don't just ignore him. pleeeese? [/sblock]

jkason

First Post
Weel Naxel, human cleric

[sblock=OOC] Sorry, didn't realize Karl was asking Weel to relate the story[/sblock]

"Well, Weel Naxel, I am Karl Rutherford. I too had a rather first adventure that turned out to be odd, so I am inclined to say that You might be right.."

"Really? How so? I joined some fellows at a magical underground bazaar, which was filled with all sorts of fascinating creatues, some of whom were actually up for bid in an auction! Honestly, I might have spent ages down there quizzing people, it was quite the treasure trough-- er, trove. But with all the quizzing things just kept getting twistier, I have to admit, and I feared we'd never quit unravel the knot.

"Which is of course when everything exploded. Rather literally. It's very much a blur, I have to admit, as if I was only watching it happen in some sort of hyperactive dream, but at the end all the undead were dead again, and though we managed to destroy the thing we were meant to buy, well, I do feel at least a bit less naive for having been there."

Scott DeWar

[sblock=Jkason] oops, my bad... just noticed I never put that he was asking what he found to be so bizzar on his adventure to that bizarre.[/sblock]

"Hmm, explosions of undead and they retuning to the dead. Then you were sent to retrieve something that you ended up destroying. I would say you have me beat."

Karl takes a breath and recounts the misadventure of the forgotten treasure map, "I and some others were sent to figure out what this map was, only to discover the meaning to be beyond any legitamate person we could find. that lead us to a not so legitamat person to get us a translation, at the cost of the retrieval of a creature called a shocker lizard. the retrival of the creature was a greater worth of a translation so we were given gold as well, but all in all we ended up selling the map as the hazard of the shocker lizard was greater then what we had assumed. not every one we left with was returng here with us. Not to mention that the potential purchaser of the map was wanting the map for a great personal reason."

ScorpiusRisk

First Post
[sblock=ooc]Well if we're going to do first come, first serve, I'll step up. Cleric level 1.[/sblock]

"Work already? How fatuous!" he says, then frowns. "No, not ... fortuitious! Yes, that one!" he amends, then reads the sign.

"So, who else is going to this meeting tomorrow morning?' he queries the room. "And who knows where this Detrimental ... " he checks the sign again ... "That is, Detirman Company?"

Viktor raised a hand briefly.

"I intend to go. A chance for an adventure is not something I'm going to let pass me by..." The eager youth replied, wondering how many others intended to join.

Dane stands up and steps away from the table to distinguish himself from the other conversation.

"Yes, I intend to join. DTC is a trade company running through the South. I have dealt with them in the past. They are. . . a strong minded group." It's clear that Dane is not exactly thrilled to be working with them.

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
[sblock=ooc]Well if we're going to do first come, first serve, I'll step up. Cleric level 1.[/sblock]

[sblock=ooc] I wouldn't say first come first serve, just want those ready to step up and so you did lol, I told WD about this adventure also and two clerics maybe useful in keeping people alive. So I have the party so far as a cleric(Firebuilder), a fighter(Viktor), and maybe a second cleric (Midas). Anyone want to take one the other two spots?? [/sblock]

Walking Dad

First Post
[sblock=ooc] I wouldn't say first come first serve, just want those ready to step up and so you did lol, I told WD about this adventure also and two clerics maybe useful in keeping people alive. So I have the party so far as a cleric(Firebuilder), a fighter(Viktor), and maybe a second cleric (Midas). Anyone want to take one the other two spots?? [/sblock]
[sblock=ooc] I want in! Is there another thread to go to join the game? [/sblock]

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
[sblock=WD] Not as yet I am still figuring out LEW rules after i have my group I need to post them somewhere I think a sticky thread found in first page then if the group is ok'ed I get to start a thread and send you all a link.

I was hoping to give everyone a little time for RPing and help in forming a group. [/sblock]

[sblock=group so far]
Theroc= Fighter (I think)
ScorpiusRisk= cleric
Walking Dad= cleric

Two clerics!! come on guys two more and we start :lol: [/sblock]

jkason

First Post
Weel Naxel, human cleric

"I and some others were sent to figure out what this map was, only to discover the meaning to be beyond any legitamate person we could find. that lead us to a not so legitamat person to get us a translation, at the cost of the retrieval of a creature called a shocker lizard. the retrival of the creature was a greater worth of a translation so we were given gold as well, but all in all we ended up selling the map as the hazard of the shocker lizard was greater then what we had assumed. not every one we left with was returng here with us. Not to mention that the potential purchaser of the map was wanting the map for a great personal reason."

Weel's eyes light up at the tale. "A shocker lizard? Sounds quite odd and fascinating, and like it might have fit right in at the bazaar."

Scott DeWar

Karl to Weel: the bizaar woud be the place that you blew up? and just how did that happen if I may inquire?

jkason

First Post
Weel Naxel, human cleric

Karl to Weel: the bizaar woud be the place that you blew up? and just how did that happen if I may inquire?

"Oh, I didn't blow up anything," he says quite genuinely, as if such rumors might get him punished in some way. "It was an undead called Lyrical ... wait. Lyrael? Yes: that. In any case, we were meant to be bidding on something, only he wanted it and he didn't want to play fair. So we woke up to a very big fire, which I'm afraid has the Bazaar closed down for I don't know how long."

Remove ads