Tavern - City of Orussus, The Red Dragon Inn '08

Jerrand Redband

First Post
Jerrand watches as a fly crawls over a piece of the chewed meat sitting
on the table near his plate. He looks at the way the bones are arranged
all about the table but can read nothing from them.

"Go ahead Gildrim tell us what do you see?"

Trouvere

Explorer
"Och, ye willnae gie onie guid deep insechts wi' a glaikit birdie like a chookie. Whit ye're needin' is a clever birrrdie like a craw ur corbie." He takes a mischievous sidelong glance at Jamilee and her companion. "Bawkies – bats, Ah mean – ur braw fer' readin' th' banes an' aw. Ye hae th' wee leaithery wingies like strips ay parchment, ye ken."

Gildrim hunches forward over the table.

"Yoo're aw crowdin' aroond, confusin' matters. Th' banes willnae ken whose story tae tell. Noo, lit me see, anyhaw. Aye, th' ploogh aw th' harrow, as it's also knoon, lang borin' days aw waitin'; an' haur, th' keys, success in th' future. Th' ladder! Prospicious! Advancement an' attainment, again. An th' banes, weel, nae matter whit, banes ar accident ur misfortune, o’ercome wi’ coorage. Ye git a lot ay tha' wi' thes method. Oan ev'ry gang, Ah'd say. An' lest but nae leest, th' three wee bairns - eejits 'at hink whin a dwairrrf chokes oan his scran, he's gonnae teel yer fortune!"

Gildrim gurgles deep in his throat.

Gobletchica

First Post
Tor leaning back in her seat turned to Gildrim. "Thank you for reading the bones. I didn't realize that they could be confused by the amount of people around them."

Robichaud

Explorer
In the space of a breath, the good half of Jamilee's face expresses sheer dumbfounded surprise, then disappointment, then annoyance, then anger, and frustration -- and finally it settles into a rictus grin, and she begins to laugh. It's a grating laugh, not very pleasing to the ear, but it sounds sincere.

"Oh, how grand," she manages to grate out between laughs, talking into the table. "I earned that. Literal-minded me. Never -- hee hee -- take the word of a dwarf at face value, my mother used to say -- hee hee -- and now it turns out she was right, the hag."

Meanwhile, her raven's taken off, and is using the distraction provided by its mistress's laughter fit to steal one of the chicken bones.

Last edited:

Jerrand Redband

First Post
Trouvere said:
"Och, ye willnae gie onie guid deep insechts wi' a glaikit birdie like a chookie. Whit ye're needin' is a clever birrrdie like a craw ur corbie." He takes a mischievous sidelong glance at Jamilee and her companion. "Bawkies – bats, Ah mean – ur braw fer' readin' th' banes an' aw. Ye hae th' wee leaithery wingies like strips ay parchment, ye ken."

Gildrim hunches forward over the table.

"Yoo're aw crowdin' aroond, confusin' matters. Th' banes willnae ken whose story tae tell. Noo, lit me see, anyhaw. Aye, th' ploogh aw th' harrow, as it's also knoon, lang borin' days aw waitin'; an' haur, th' keys, success in th' future. Th' ladder! Prospicious! Advancement an' attainment, again. An th' banes, weel, nae matter whit, banes ar ur misfortune, o’ercome wi’ coorage. Ye git a lot ay tha' wi' thes method. Oan ev'ry gang, Ah'd say. An' lest but nae leest, th' three wee bairns - eejits 'at hink whin a dwairrrf chokes oan his scran, he's gonnae teel yer fortune!"

Gildrim gurgles deep in his throat.

Jerrand starts to take a pull of his ale as the dwarf is speaking, the words prospicious, advancementr, and success in the future overcome with courage has him thinking that maybe he will become as great as his grandfather or as important as his father.

Lost in his thoughts Jerrand starts to choke on his cold foamy ale as the grey elf starts cackling?,and the bird shots of her shoulder in a spray of feathers. "Cough...cough... Madam," Jerrand wipes his mouth with the back of his hand,"what have you found so amusing in all this?"Jerrand asks. He eyes her apperance his eyes widen a little before he can stop them as they spot the sword hilt. "And," he adds careful,"would you honor us with your name?" he asks his experssion soft and friendly.

Last edited:

Trouvere

Explorer
Gildrim just laughs more at the confusion. "Noo yoo're nae sure. If Ah hud th' gift, Ah'd nae want tae be bothered aw th' time by fawk uncertain ay their direction."

He chants a few short syllables of Dwarven, "Ov-rur-bol-jar," and waves his hands about carelessly. The offensive fragments of food slide themselves together into a neat pile in front of Gildrim. A few seconds later, the sheen of grease and worse vanishes from the table. "Thaur, aw guid," Gildrim says, and starts eating from the pre-chewed heap.[sblock=OOC]casting Prestidigitation[sblock=Dwarven]Ov-rur-bol-jar, roughly, the wise artisan hides his messes[/sblock][/sblock]

Robichaud

Explorer
The elf struggles for breath and sanity for a while longer, but wins out in the end. She's stopped laughing and is no longer desperately fighting for air, that is; just how sane she is might still be an open question to some. After the strain, her voice is even more grating than usual as she speaks. "Oh.. please, hrnh, excuse me. I have an.. odd, rarefied.. sense of humor, sometimes. I'm called Jamilee."

Jerrand Redband

First Post
Introductions

Jerrand nods to the last chair empty at the table,"Please would you care to join us,? My name is Jerrand and this is the lady Tor and Master fortune-teller Gildrim." Jerrand's smile at the last is small and he turns a little so Gildrim can't see it.

ooc: I now have one approval for Jerrand Huzzzah

Last edited:

Jerrand Redband

First Post
Jerrand looks a little (o.k. a lot ) confused by the dwarfs remarks. He looks at Jamilee
for help and notices the true length of her ears(ear?) for the first time. It dawns on him
what the dwarf is talking about, and he remembers something he heard about elves
and dwarves. "Come now Master Gildrim you should be pleased that Jamilee's ears are just the right size for listen to your tales." Jerrand
motions for Jamilee to sit as he takes another pull from his mug."Now finish what you were saying before your augury took over you."

Remove ads