• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Tavern - City of Orussus, The Red Dragon Inn '08

Erekose13

Explorer
"Good to see you too Eanos. See this is why I love coming back here. So many good friends to reacquaint with. What have you and Charlarn been up to since we saw each other last?" asks Tenebrynn.

jkason

First Post
Eanos, human monk

(She went through three (attempted, in one case) hand kisses at Tenebrynn's party, so she is a bit more careful about that now. ;))

((OOC: heh. Sounds like it was quite the bash. ;)

It'll probably take Eanos quite some time to adjust to thinking of Ashnar as a woman, and even then the monk's never been the charmer sort who goes in for hand kissing, so Ashnar's probably safe from him in that regard.))

"Good to see you too Eanos. See this is why I love coming back here. So many good friends to reacquaint with. What have you and Charlarn been up to since we saw each other last?" asks Tenebrynn.

Eanos takes another long draw from his drink, nearly emptying it.

"A rather long trek in search of an artifact, only to discover our employer was a devil. Literally," the monk reveals. "I always prided myself on my ability to read people, but the monster had me solidly fooled. "

The monk shakes his head and smiles slightly. "After facing the gauntlet of other devils we encountered to finally defeat him, I admit I entertained the notion of entering Ayratha's temple as an acolyte, to learn to combat such monsters with spiritual powers. But ultimately I think my lady's tests have better forged me to continue on the path my master Setirav set me to, that of fist and foot.

"And you, Tenebrynn? What adventures have you faced, other than this drinking revel you alluded to?"

Scott DeWar

Prof. Emeritus-Supernatural Events/Countermeasure
an elf wearing a rusty chain shirt and wielding a sharp scimitar enters the tavern and heads towards Karl and Oskar. she scans the situation and says "so i see the search for a spellcaster goes on".
she looks at the people before her asks with a venomous grin "do we have any potential associates?"

Karl starts at the sudden appearence of Vindala Bluestone, " oh, Hi. didnt see you come in. Yes, we seem to have at east one healer and wone mage interested. I am letting Oskar do the nagotiations." he looks to the two who have spoken and intoduces the two to Vindala, "Babette Delacroix, the arcane caster and Lerrin Honeylott, Priest of Ulura. Watch out for him, he may try to charm you right out of your armor."

Manzanita

First Post
Ignatious is small and easily overlooked, but he perks up when he sees Ashnar and Tenebrynn approach Charlarn. He pauses as he tries to sort out the odd change which as overtaken Ashnar, but decides there is no polite way to approach it yet.

"Hey!" he pipes up in his squeeky voice. "Remember me? I'm Ignatious O'Reilly, graduate of the Academy of the Chromatic Order." He bows to the two wizards. "We fought together against a bandit encampment some years ago at the behest of the road wardens. As I recall, after that engagement we retired again to this very inn and used our time to exchange spells from our spellbooks."

"Charlarn & I must have missed your party, Tenebrynn. We were away for many months at a Lake far to the North battling a Lich, his ogre mage henchmen and other sundry creatures. We're back now, and have been warned by a dragon that there is much trouble brewing in our lands. I think we should take this opportunity to bolster our strength. What say we have another look at the spells each of us has accumulated and see if we can be useful to each other. My powers have increased dramatically since we last met."

OOC: I had to look that adventure up, but we all know each other!

Robichaud

Explorer
The Elf turns, eyes widening, shock evident upon his narrow features.
Wandering into the Inn, he abruptly closes his mouth and composes himself with obvious effort.
"I ... uh,mmm..., I am called Ximix. I... am a sage, and ..., healer.
This is the Red Dragon Inn, in the city of Orussus on the Prime Material is it not?"
"It is. Welcome," hacks Jamilee, grinning. She gives the other elf a nod that seems a fair bit more respectful than her usual attitude would lead one to expect; maybe he's a friend, or elder. "Stand by the fire, hrng're still dripping."

A small hooded figured completely covered head to toe with a hooded cloak pulled tightly about him, sand dripping from everywhere, enters among the crowd and announces himself. Rhys, chosen of Shural. I am in need of a blacksmith, any here looking to make good coin? He looks about to see if there are any takers.
Jamilee raises her hand to draw Rhys' attention. "The name Shural means little to me, hnh. But, providing you need something more hrchallenging than pots, pans, and hrnseshoes, I could aid you."

Knight Otu

First Post
"I certainly remember, Master Ignatious. Quick work, unlike some other events. And I also remember the spell exchange; I certainly don't miss the cost of those inks. Tenebrynn and I have also expanded our knowledge, and I've made... some progress on the private spells I mentioned back then.

A lich, you say?
"

BigB

First Post
"It is. Welcome," hacks Jamilee, grinning. She gives the other elf a nod that seems a fair bit more respectful than her usual attitude would lead one to expect; maybe he's a friend, or elder. "Stand by the fire, hrng're still dripping."

Jamilee raises her hand to draw Rhys' attention. "The name Shural means little to me, hnh. But, providing you need something more hrchallenging than pots, pans, and hrnseshoes, I could aid you."

Rhys standing attentive quickly moves to speak with Jamilee. In a raspy voice he explains his needs. I am seeking a crafter of master quality for a suite of platemail armor. I have coin to pay. I have recently envisioned my purpose as set by Shural, and with some guidance by the true Paladin Eskon. Through witnessing his courageous selfless acts I have come to understand what lies before me. Rhys pulls his hood back slightly to reveal his goblin features. You see I am to be the guide for my kind to embrace Shural's teachings. I need a magnificent set of armor to make me recognized as the beacon of Shural.

OOC: MW full plate mail size small

jkason

First Post
Eanos, human monk

Though he doesn't know Ashnar and Tenebrynn's companion, he can't resist wandering closer to hear the tale of the lich he's faced.

Robichaud

Explorer
Jamilee

The elf is at first rather surprised at the reveal of Rhys' unusual features - her mouth falls open in a small 'o', slightly less than perfect because of extensive scarring. To her credit, she manages to regather her wits before he finishes speaking, scratching something a lot like "..right, mountain goblin.." to herself.

"..alright," she continues in a louder, no less scratchy voice. "I can do that. It will be hrnteresting to get it to fit you right, hnh. I don't usually hrniscount clergy, except for Gliranites, but for you.. thirteen hundred and ghkenthy gold, maybe twelve-thirty-five if you don't mind, hnh, running an errand or two in hrdittion to all the sizing we'll need to do."

Remove ads