• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Tavern - City of Orussus, The Red Dragon Inn '08

Steve Jung

Explorer
Charlarn of Phyrah: male human cleric 7/ranger 2

A blond woman in mostly bright, but clearly scholarly, clothes and a dark cloak enters the inn, looking over the patrons with her gray eyes. A few old burn marks are visible on her hands and face. "I am Ashnar, a mage specialized in evocations, and with an interest in abjurations." she says in a serious tone.
Charlarn turns around at the mention of Ashnar's name. He asks, "Ashnar? I knew a man named Ashnar a while back. Do you know him? He's a wizard too."

Heckler

First Post
The Elf turns, eyes widening, shock evident upon his narrow features.
Wandering into the Inn, he abruptly closes his mouth and composes himself with obvious effort.
"I ... uh,mmm..., I am called Ximix. I... am a sage, and ..., healer.
This is the Red Dragon Inn, in the city of Orussus on the Prime Material is it not?"
He seems a bit embarrassed, but is earnest in his query. Further inspection reveals a small holy symbol upon his chest. He puts his wand away absently and waits for an answer, seemingly not convinced by his own perceptions.
"Ximix, hi!" Babette waves at him from her barstool. "I got here a few minutes ago myself. I was just talking with these folks about a treasure hunt."

(OOC: I'm not opposed to it. It will change a couple things, but it should be interesting for a higher-level character as well. So, who's looking to join? Lerrin and Babette, it looks like? Anyone else, or should we call it closed, then, and move back to the adventure thread?)
ooc: If it works for you, it works for me. You may want to consider Ximix as well/instead. He was on the same adventure Babette was. I think he's a lower level cleric/wizard (correct me if I'm wrong, Ximix.)

Knight Otu

First Post
Charlarn turns around at the mention of Ashnar's name. He asks, "Ashnar? I knew a man named Ashnar a while back. Do you know him? He's a wizard too."
A bit surprised that not even rumors had reached Charlarn, Ashnar replies "That is me, Charlarn. We encountered some wild magic - you've seen another of the effects." reminding Charlarn of the window in the Astral. "It caused a bit of a stir when we were last in Orussus for Tenebrynn's party, and at the Medibarian council."

Erekose13

Explorer
As if summoned by the use of his name, an elf in long blue robes carrying a great staff enters the RDI. "Ashnar, you beat me back from Medibaria. I had hoped to catch up with you there at the tower." says the elf. "Charlarn, you're here too! It's good to see you again!" As is custom, the elf turns to the assembled crowd in the inn and says, "Greatings all, I am Sir Tenebrynn Glimmersight, Knight of Medibaria. I apologize if I forget any names, I'm sure I've met most of you last time I was here but well libations were plentiful and I hope you all remember the party."

Ximix

First Post
"Ximix, hi!" Babette waves at him from her barstool. "I got here a few minutes ago myself. I was just talking with these folks about a treasure hunt."

ooc: If it works for you, it works for me. You may want to consider Ximix as well/instead. He was on the same adventure Babette was. I think he's a lower level cleric/wizard (correct me if I'm wrong, Ximix.)

The recently bewildered Elf seems bolstered by the words of his recent companion, his features light up in a brief yet generous smile. He slogs over towards the bar... "My eyes are gladdened and my heart lightened to see you here. It seems my tenure in the realm of water was most abruptly terminated, I find myself unsure as to why I am not drowned, and baffled as to why I am here in this place and time... yet I'll be satisfied with a mulled Elven red wine" as he nods to Joe, "and an opportunity to turn my talents to profitable enterprise."

OOC: Ximix is a 4th level cleric of Gliran, he's had battle experience with healing but he's not much of a fighter. His focus is on gathering and learning new information. However... he does need to pay the bills :)

BigB

First Post
A small hooded figured completely covered head to toe with a hooded cloak pulled tightly about him, sand dripping from everywhere, enters among the crowd and announces himself. Rhys, chosen of Shural. I am in need of a blacksmith, any here looking to make good coin? He looks about to see if there are any takers.

ooc: he is looking for someone to craft some armor for him.

Knight Otu

First Post
"Yes, it was just a short visit. I had this feeling I should move fast, for some reason."

I apologize if I forget any names, I'm sure I've met most of you last time I was here but well libations were plentiful and I hope you all remember the party."

"I'm still not quite sure if I drank too much there..." Ashnar mutters to herself after greeting Tenebrynn.

jkason

First Post
Eanos, human monk

Eanos seems bewildered as the woman speaks to him, then as Ashnar speaks to Charlarn, his eyes widen.

"My quest was to lands quite remote, and I've heard nothing of the goings-on in the wide world during it. Clearly I missed some rather monumental events," he says, trying to recover from his surprise.

"But enough of my being out of touch. It's good to see you alive and well, Ashnar, whatever the form may be. If you faced dangers worse than Causticus, I think it was right that I bowed out," Eanos says, offering his hand.

As Tenebrynn joins the room, the monk waves to him. "It's been a while, Tenebrynn, since I was the novice who so recklessly attached himself to you and Ashnar and the rest of that far more experienced band heading to Monemvassia. It's good to see you, as well."

Knight Otu

First Post
"I'm sorry to overwhelm you like that, Eanos." Ashnar says, eyeing the monk's hand a bit warily, but since she is certain he just wants to shake hands, she takes it.

jkason

First Post
Eanos, human monk

"I'm sorry to overwhelm you like that, Eanos." Ashnar says, eyeing the monk's hand a bit warily, but since she is certain he just wants to shake hands, she takes it.

((OOC: lol. I hadn't even considered the other meaning for offering one's hand. :eek: ))

Eanos shakes his head even as he shakes the woman's hand.

"No apologies necessary," Eanos says. "If my time since first coming to the Inn has taught me anything, it's that this world never ceases to throw surprises at me. It's what makes this life interesting, I'm coming to understand."

Remove ads