Tavern - City of Orussus, The Red Dragon Inn '08

orsal

LEW Judge
Nurlan follows Tenebrynn's and Charlarn's invitations. As he sits down, he remarks, "When I first met you in this very tavern, Tenebrynn, I believe you recommended the wine. It was a fine choice. Do you have another suggestion for today? Something strong, I think."

Erekose13

Explorer
Nurlan follows Tenebrynn's and Charlarn's invitations. As he sits down, he remarks, "When I first met you in this very tavern, Tenebrynn, I believe you recommended the wine. It was a fine choice. Do you have another suggestion for today? Something strong, I think."

"Ah hmm, something stronger eh? I'd normally suggest an elven spirit but given the near war that we almost started I think something from a different direction would be appropriate. Perhaps something from Sairudan? I've not tried any of their spirits, but if the Red Dragon has any I'll join you in trying them." replies Tenebrynn.

Manzanita

First Post
OOC: Iggy's spells are free to his friends. I may take some of yours too. I'll let you know. I'm pretty busy & probably won't post again until next week.

IC: Iggy hasn't met Nurlan but is happy to. When the bard approaches, Iggy waits to be introduced, then offers his services. He can't help but think about a team. Surely evil will rear its ugly head & his services will truly be needed. He recalls the last time he worked with Tenebrynn and Ashnar, the group was not well balanced, tilting heavily towards arcane casters. IT seems to be doing so again.

"Do any of you know that large man over there?"
he asks, pointing to Ironwolf. "He seems like he'd be useful in a fight.

orsal

LEW Judge
"Ah hmm, something stronger eh? I'd normally suggest an elven spirit but given the near war that we almost started I think something from a different direction would be appropriate. Perhaps something from Sairudan? I've not tried any of their spirits, but if the Red Dragon has any I'll join you in trying them." replies Tenebrynn.

"Sairundan? Good idea," the bard replies. "I was recently travelling around the Lands of Air -- quite an experience -- and yes, they have some quite strong drink. In those harsh countries they need it. Sometimes in the Central Lands we could use it too."

[sblock=Sense Motive DC 18]
He seems a little circumspect when he mentions his trip to the Lands of Air. Evidently something about that trip he's not comfortable discussing.
[sblock=DC 24]
He keeps frowning as he shoots a glance toward Ashnar or Tenebrynn. Perhaps they know something about this ill-fated journey?
[/sblock][/sblock]

He goes to the bar and requests a pitcher of Sairundani whiskey for the table. On bringing it back, he turns to the halfling, the only stranger at his table. "Greetings. I'm Nurlan. I travel the world singing and being sung to. A little while ago my travels took me to Monemvassia with these fine companions, whom I met in this very tavern. Who might you be?"

In response to Iggy's query, Nurlan replies, "Ironwolf, I believe he introduced himself. I met him here too, on a previous stop in Orussus. I always visit this inn whenever I come to Orussus. The drinks are unbeatable, and you meet the most interesting people here."

Knight Otu

First Post
(Sense Motive in RDI (1d20+8=23))
Ashnar notes the reluctance of Nurlan, but sees no need to pry. She simply assumes it comes from the events of the council, plus she just similarly brushed aside a few uncomfortable topics.
"The Sairundani distill whiskey as well? ... Oh, of course they must have more alcoholic drinks, even if I only heard about them brewing Stormbrew and the Sirocco Fireale.

Ironwolf accompanied us on our most recent trip. We didn't see battle, really, but I have no doubt he is a good fighter. He can also tap into some other strange abilities that aren't quite magic.
"

BigB

First Post
ooc: MW full plate, small sized, for 1320 gold is good for me.

Rhys returns her smile as he watches her heft the sack of gold. I am not always this well received with your kin. I think I have gained much more than just a splendid suit of armor. Thank you. See you on old mill road.

After the successful transaction he turns once again to the crowd in the RDI...

I also would like to have gauntlets of strength crafted if there is one capable of such feats of magic present. He shakes his sack of remaining coins which is still quite hefty.

Erekose13

Explorer
Tenebrynn excuses himself from his friends for a moment after hearing Rhys' question. "I would be able to craft those for you. I'm Sir Tenebrynn by the way, nice to meet you."

[sblock=rates]Bigb, Tenebrynn charges good rates depending on how much the customer is willing to contribute.

x = market cost
x/2 base cost (payable for components only)
x/25*5 xp cost (payable only if Tenebrynn contributes the XP)
x/10*2 cp cost (payable only if Tenebrynn contributes the CP)
10% markup (cost of doing business = profit for Tenebrynn)

so a 4000gp item is:
2000gp base
160xp*5= 800
400CP*2= 800
10% markup = 200
total = 2000+800+800+200 = 3800 (a discount of only 5% off market price)
But if you pay XP and CP then its only 2200 (a discount of 45% off market price)[/sblock]

InVinoVeritas

Adventurer
A short, wiry, dunny elf walks into the Inn. He looks around, sniffing the ale-filled atmosphere with remembrance. He wears a black silk tunic and loose-fitting trousers, held in place with a black leather belt with a rapier. His hair is kept in a long, straight, black braid that extends all the way down his back. The braid ends in a cap of what may be bone or ivory. He walks up to the bar for the requisite introduction.

"Good day. I am Quozen Ilphukiir, of the Order of the Nightingale. I am at your service."

BigB

First Post
Tenebrynn excuses himself from his friends for a moment after hearing Rhys' question. "I would be able to craft those for you. I'm Sir Tenebrynn by the way, nice to meet you."

[sblock=rates]Bigb, Tenebrynn charges good rates depending on how much the customer is willing to contribute.

x = market cost
x/2 base cost (payable for components only)
x/25*5 xp cost (payable only if Tenebrynn contributes the XP)
x/10*2 cp cost (payable only if Tenebrynn contributes the CP)
10% markup (cost of doing business = profit for Tenebrynn)

so a 4000gp item is:
2000gp base
160xp*5= 800
400CP*2= 800
10% markup = 200
total = 2000+800+800+200 = 3800 (a discount of only 5% off market price)
But if you pay XP and CP then its only 2200 (a discount of 45% off market price)[/sblock]

"Sir Tenebrynn, I am Rhys, servant to the people and Shural. The title indicates knighthood, is this so? I am pleased by your offer. I have been to this tavern once before but was a different place, not so much alive with comraderie and friendship. Perhaps it was just my timing. Today seems a special moment indeed. Back to business, I have coin and can aid in some manner."

[sblock=rates]Rhys can contribute xp which would bring cost to 160 xp and 3000 gp? [/sblock]

Last edited:

Remove ads