Tavern - City of Orussus, The Red Dragon Inn 2010-17

jkason

First Post
Eanos, human monk

Eanos seems a bit shell-shocked at first, then when Irene finally takes a moment, the less-gregarious monk does his best to reply.

"There are probably better fighters than me, but I do think I'm rather good at getting to whomever it is I need to fight, at least. Mobility shouldn't be underestimated.

"Did you mention Monemvassia? My very first adventure from this Inn was there. It's how I acquired my knighthood and the courier service."

Eanos pulls an adamantine dagger from his backpack to show Irene. On it is inscribed his name and the words "Knight of Monemvassia."

Gurdjieff

First Post
Irene!

Irene's eyes grow big upon seeing the dagger.
"Oh wow! You're a knight? That's so cool! How did you become one? Did you turn in many goblin ears? That's why I went there, to hunt goblins for ears! Do you know Kim? Kim Tensil? He's the merchant who asked us to help him, and we did! We discovered a big scheme though, involving the Monemvassia Thieves Guild or something. And there were more goblins, and some fishmen, and then I chased that bitch Jezibel and got split from Nurlan and Tenebrynn and Charlarn and the others! I almost caught her too!"

Speaking of her adventures in Monemvassia, her old friends and the girl that has plagued her mind ever since, Irene's smile made room for a more serious, angry expression. She pauses for a second, realizing this, and she cuts it off quickly, returning to her happy face.

"Sorry! I'm probably just boring you with my stories" she says, giggling a little. "So now your turn! What did you do in Monemvassia?"

jkason

First Post
Eanos, human monk

Irene's eyes grow big upon seeing the dagger.
"Oh wow! You're a knight? That's so cool! How did you become one? Did you turn in many goblin ears? That's why I went there, to hunt goblins for ears! Do you know Kim? Kim Tensil? He's the merchant who asked us to help him, and we did! We discovered a big scheme though, involving the Monemvassia Thieves Guild or something. And there were more goblins, and some fishmen, and then I chased that bitch Jezibel and got split from Nurlan and Tenebrynn and Charlarn and the others! I almost caught her too!"

Eanos smiles, making the connection. "Then you're the friend Nurlan, Tenebrynn, and Charlarn lost when they first went into Monemvassia. I'm afraid I'd forgotten that," he says a bit sheepishly. "I don't remember a Tensil, but when your friends came back here, I was part of the help they recruited. We actually uncovered an assassin's guild operating out of a noble house. Even worse, it was secretly run by the child of a black dragon. It was quite the baptism by fire for a green adventurer. "

The monk chuckles a bit. "You know, I'm usually much less talkative. I think your energy must be infectious. Did you adventure with Rinaldo, too, then? Did you know he and his wife have a thriving business in town these days?"

Gurdjieff

First Post
Irene, Wordwaterfall

"Oh wow, you know them? Are they alright? Do you know where they went afterwards? Maybe I should look them up sometime, let them know I'm still alive and Jez is still on the run! Perhaps we could track her down, finally..."

"Rinaldo, he always wanted to open that shop! He talked about it quite a lot and was always looking for anything he could sell later. His shop is in town? Amazing!"

Irene takes a sip from her wine, smiling at the fact the monk was opening up a little.

"Yeah, I get that a lot. It sometimes gets me in trouble, but since I'm still alive and kicking, it can't be a bad thing! Besides, who would want to hurt a cute little halfling like myself! Hah! Well, besides a sandstorm. Or goblins. And undead. Uhm, yeah..."

Realizing she was contradicting herself, she decides it's best to fill her mouth with more wine, preventing any more sillyness to leave it.

orsal

LEW Judge
Irene's and Eanos' chatter over their newly learned connection is interrupted when the door opens and... nobody enters. At least nobody visible. Audible, that's another matter. A voice familiar to both of them starts singing in a clear and very talented baritone voice (Perform(sing): 31)

I'll sing for friendship
I'll sing for my supper
I'll sing for the party
I'll sing for love

For music and song are the greatest of treasures
To soothe and relax, entertain or to woo
Ballads and epics, romances and all
The whole world over, to nourish the soul

For dukes and for peasants
For soldiers and wizards
For gnomes, orcs and hobbits
For guildsmen and kings
For ladies and courtiers
For mourners or lovers
For all of your friends
And for you I will sing!

They may both recognize the singer and the song, although http://www.enworld.org/forum/living-en-world/76558-tavern-city-orussus-red-dragon-inn-v-2.html#post1428338][/FONT]the first time it was performed in the Red Dragon Inn Irene could see as well as hear him.

The voice, while singing, gradually moves toward their table, standing right behind Irene as he gets to the final bars, "And for you I will sing!"

Christopher Greeneyes, Katara Sorcerer 1

A young man dressed in wizard's robes, perhaps in his mid-twenties, enters the tavern. He looks about a little awkwardly, not exactly sure what he's supposed to do. A barmaid kindly nudges him, and he coughs to clear his throat.

"Right, uh... I'm Jon Kilran, and I have a... a job." Joe's eyebrows raise, and he summons Jon over with a hand wave. The two converse for a short bit, Jon shows Joe a folded piece of parchment, and Joe eventually nods his approval. Those close by might be able to catch the end of the conversation:

[sblock=Listen DC 10]"... and Arngrim will be able to arrange the payment of your fee, of course. Thank you, sir."[/sblock]

Jon returns to the front of the room to make an announcement, this time with a little more confidence. "I'm Jon Kilran, apprentice of Rilithorne the mage, and as my master is away on a short trip, I have need of your assistance in a small matter. A simple courier job is all: a friend of Rilithorne's is expecting a... um, well, I suppose it's an important delivery, and I would like to make sure it gets to him alright. I can offer 200 gold to the group, half now and half upon successful completion. If you're... interested? Then please join me in one of the private meeting rooms."

He halts, thinking for a moment, and then nods as if he decided that he had nothing more to say. He steps into one of the private back rooms.

Christopher excuses himself and makes his way to the back room.

Gurdjieff

First Post
Irene!

Her eyes grow big as Nurlan's voice fills the room with music; music Irene hasn't heard for a very long time but has never forgotten. She slides her chair back a little, looking around the room to find the source of the singing. "Nurlan?! Is that you!? Can it... is it..."

Trying to pinpoint the invisible bard, Irene jumps up and tries to get a hold on Nurlan, flailing her arms around until she touches him. When she does, she latches on, hugging Nurlan, and she starts to weep.
"You're alive! You're really here! I never thought I'd see you again! I'm never letting you go again!" she cries out, not letting go of the Bard just yet. Tears flood from her eyes like words normally do from her mouth.

jkason

First Post
Eanos, human monk

Eanos smiles as he hears Nurlan's voice, putting his dagger away now that Irene is distracted in a different direction.

"Speak of the devil and he appears," he whispers, but Irene's already recognized the voice. He sits back and lets the overwhelmed halfling play hide-and-seek with the invisible bard. Once she's hugging him, he raises his glass to the man he can't see.

"Well met, Sir Nurlan," he says cheerfully. "But tell me: is it not harder to get proper tips this way? I mean, even a sharp-eyed soul like me can't find a bard's hat when it's invisible," he adds with a chuckle.

orsal

LEW Judge
Nurlan chuckles as he dismisses the invisibility spell. "There is a time to be seen and a time not to be seen. Those who prefer to see me have their chance now."

He hugs Irene tightly. "So the brass dragon halfling has returned! It is so great to see you again! You know, my new digs in Monemvassia... called Irene's Amphitheatre. We had given you up for lost."

Turning back to the middle of the room, he speaks more loudly. "Oh, Irene and Eanos and Joe know this already, but I am Sir Nurlan, and I trust my song is as good an introduction as any."

Last edited:

Robichaud

Explorer
After witnessing the reunion and ensuing display of emotion, Jamilee quietly absconds to the back room, half-full glass of wine still in hand. It might've been too much bounce for her to handle.

Remove ads