• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Tavern - City of Orussus, The Red Dragon Inn 2010-17

jkason

First Post
Eanos, human monk

"And this isn't even the most dangerous part," Eanos whispers to Irene, himself smiling as if he's hearing the story for the first time thanks to Nurlan's bardic skills.

[sblock=Character Link]Eanos[/sblock]

orsal

LEW Judge
Sir Nurlan continues

"We managed to break free of the guards, who chased us as we fled toward the inn. They captured Mordik, but only caught up to me as I reached the Inn. I announced to all assembled that I was being pursued by a gang of assassins working out of the mayor's office, and that my pal Mordik was their captive. The guards finally overpowered me, and took me back to the dungeons, but they had no inkling that the others were working with me. In the meantime Rinaldo and Eanos had been snooping around the inn, and found a letter revealing that the admiral's murder had been commissioned by a Viscount Causticus who was staying at the inn at the time.

"At this point, Eanos is responsible for saving my life. He alone sped back to Monemvassia to alert the Crown about our discoveries, and our situation. Prince Medius assembled a military company that seized control of Three Rings the next day. They freed Mordik and me from the dungeons, as they mayor and her assassin associates had fled the city. We chased down the last remaining force and, in one short battle in the woods, defeated that assassins' guild forever. I think a couple of them escaped, but Three Rings and the area around Monemvassia are free of them forever. It remained only to chase down Causticus and end his threat to Monemvassia."

OOC: Sir Nurlan is here. BTW, did you know you can get links for all active characters from the first post of the character thread?

jkason

First Post
Eanos, human monk

"At this point, Eanos is responsible for saving my life. He alone sped back to Monemvassia to alert the Crown about our discoveries, and our situation.

At this point, the generally composed monk actually seems to blush.

"I'm just a fast runner," Eanos whispers self-effacingly.

"It remained only to chase down Causticus and end his threat to Monemvassia."

"And that's when it got really dangerous," Eanos says with a wink.

Last edited:

Ximix

First Post
Ximix, Cleric 4

Ximix stretches after his large meal, relaxing and listening to the tales of adventure. His mind is far from seeking such pursuits for now, yet he'd be glad for a chance to stretch his legs should the opportunity present itself.

Gurdjieff

First Post
Irene, zergli... err- Halfling Wizzy!

"Awww, you're blushing Eanos! Hi-hi!" Irene points out to the monk, giggling at it. "If you saved my Nurlan, then you're a true hero! Understandable they made you a knight, mhm! And if they hadn't, I would, tee-hee!"

Turning her attention to the Bard:

"And Causticus? Did you catch him? Hunt him down? I'm sure you did, didn't you! Yeah you did! Tell me, tell me, how did it go!" she exclaims, having trouble sitting still on her chair listening to Nurlan's story. "Continue! Continue! And another drink, please!"

orsal

LEW Judge
Nurlan recounts M4: Under the Volcano

"We realized catching and punishing Viscount Causticus would be a challenge, so we recruited two capable soldiers, Rasereit the dwarf and Ogrin the halfling. We had found a letter he had written to his mother revealing that he felt he should rule Monemvassia, and a map we recovered in the final battle, so we had some idea where to look. We entered his base camp, a tunnel complex staffed by gnolls and protected by a few traps. Right at the beginning, Mordik fell through a secret trap door into a pit to be met by 10 gnolls; we had to pry the trapdoor open to follow him. We fought them, and killed them, but then got ambushed by some roof-based creatures disguised as stalactites. We dodged them, only to find ourselves in battle with more gnolls, this time with giant hyenas as pets.

"After we dispatched them, we found a room with a pool of some thick viscous stuff, with a barrier made of electricity on top. We tested to make sure the goo was harmless, so we could swim under the electric wall. After navigating some more secret doors and passages by clever use of our rope, we met with... Kazikazi. Well, not the real Kazikazi. No, talented though my companions all were -- I'm sure Eanos won't mind my saying this -- we could never have defeated a god. It turned out to be a slimy illusionist named Frump, Causticus' associate. He cast some spells which briefly scared our fighters off, stopped me from moving, conjured some minions to attack us. When we finally killed the rest of them, Frump surrendered, but his magic had already killed Ashnar."

Rae ArdGaoth

Explorer
"... we recruited two capable soldiers, Rasereit the dwarf and Ogrin the halfling.
"Tha's me!" Rasereit raises his mug to himself.

"... He cast some spells which briefly scared our fighters off, stopped me from moving, conjured some minions to attack us. When we finally killed the rest of them, Frump surrendered, but his magic had already killed Ashnar."

"Ah... That... Aye. Next part's better," he asserts.

orsal

LEW Judge
Nurlan's still not finished!

I had forgotten Rasereit was in the inn -- saw Irene and Eanos get acquainted, and nothing of Razh.

"Yes, you'll never meet a more valiant dwarven warrior than Razh here.

"Anyway, once we had Frump subdued, we returned to Monemvassia to bring Ashnar back from the dead. The priests of Sela can work miracles. Frump evidently feared the merciless justice of the courts of Monemvassia, so we promised him that we would spare him that judgement if he helped us against Causticus. He agreed, reluctantly, but betrayed us. He led us through a tunnel to the island where the would-be usurper and his mother made their base, but when we got there, we learned Frump had used magic to let Causticus know we were coming. Worse, it turns out his mother is... a black dragon. We were immediately taken prisoner, stripped of all our possessions and brought unarmed to a cave under a volcano, where they planned to use us for the wyrmlings to learn to hunt."

orsal

LEW Judge
Nurlan tells of escape

"We shared our prison with a man named Hogarth, a priest of Gundar who inhabited that island before it was conquered by the dragon and her goblin servants. He told us that Gundar would punish the creatures who destroyed his temple by destroying the island, that the mountain was soon to blow its top and bring destruction down. He was resigned to being destroyed with it, but we befriended him and persuaded him to escape with us. He now works with Rinaldo. Hogarth knew something about the caverns we were in, and the geography of Gundar's volcano, and we were able to navigate our way back to the surface, although we first had to battle a crocodile and survive a difficult swim to get there."

Remove ads