• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Tavern - City of Orussus, The Red Dragon Inn 2010-17

Manzanita

First Post
OOC: I'm enjoying the story, too. I'd forgotten much of the details myself. But, earlier, didn't Rinaldo & someone bust Nurlan and Mordik out of jail at Three Rings before the calvary arrived?

Velmont

First Post
[SBLOCK=OOC]
OOC: I'm enjoying the story, too. I'd forgotten much of the details myself. But, earlier, didn't Rinaldo & someone bust Nurlan and Mordik out of jail at Three Rings before the calvary arrived?

Yeah, if I remember well, Rinaldo had to Coup de Grace an Ogre guard.

And for that crocodile, Eanos was so much welcome. We had a club or two, but a monk rock when we travel naked in an underground.[/SBLOCK]

pneumatik

The 8th Evil Sage
The door opens and a dwarf walks in. He's clearly geared-up for adventure, with chain mail, shield, mace, and full backpack. He's wearing a wooden holy symbol of Hyrag on a chain around his next. With streaks of grey in his long black hair and beard he looks older than most other adventurers.

He pulls a piece of paper out of his pocket and reads it. Waving an approaching barmaid away, he approaches the bar. "Hi, Joe. I'm Tibard. That is, I'M TIBARD MOUNTAINBORE," he says loudly to the room. "I'm a priest of Hyrag. It says here custom is for everyone to introduce themselves to me, but Hyrag has given me other instructions. I don't know why you'd all stay in here and drink when you could be enjoying Hyrag's warming rays, but unfortunately people are waiting for me in the back."

With that, he leaves for the back room where others a waiting.

orsal

LEW Judge
Ah, yes, it's coming back to me. I've been reviewing the threads to do this, and that part of the adventure was lost in the crash, so I'm a little hazy. Nurlan probably remembers it more vividly than I.

"But by the time we got to the surface, the volcano was erupting. Gundar was destroying the island as Hogarth had predicted. Most everyone was heading for the docks, hoping to get off the island safely, and so did we. On the way we ambushed a small group of goblins, hobgoblins and bugbears; we killed them and took their weapons, so we were now prepared for a more serious fight.

"When we got to the docks, we saw Causticus loading up a boat, ready to get away. It would be our best chance to take him down and get our escape vessel at the same time. Two hobgoblins and an ogre were guarding the docks; I found the right notes to charm the hobgoblins, and Rinaldo managed to persuade the ogre that we were trying to get an urgent message to the Viscount. Once past them, some of us leapt onto the boat, while others fought on the docks. Causticus was quite a sneaky fighter; he managed to catch me off-guard as soon as I got on board, and... well, he killed me.

"OK, I'm here telling you this tale, so you know that didn't last. Eanos and Razh might be able to tell you more about how they finished off our foes; I obviously have no memory of that. The next thing I knew, I was at the temple of Sela in Monemvassia; the same priests who had earlier brought Ashnar back to life repeated their miracle on me."

jkason

First Post
Eanos, human monk

"Causticus was quite a sneaky fighter; he managed to catch me off-guard as soon as I got on board, and... well, he killed me.

"OK, I'm here telling you this tale, so you know that didn't last. Eanos and Razh might be able to tell you more about how they finished off our foes; I obviously have no memory of that. The next thing I knew, I was at the temple of Sela in Monemvassia; the same priests who had earlier brought Ashnar back to life repeated their miracle on me."

Eanos shakes his head. "It was a bloody first outing for me, watching two companions die. But felling Nurlan was Causticus' biggest error. The rest of us were free from other opponents by then. We surrounded him. Rinaldo used the distraction to skewer him. He tried diving for the water to escape, but Tenebrynn and Ashnar's magical assaults finished him before he even hit the water.

"We found our missing gear on Causticus' boat, and commandeered it for our escape. The volcano finished covering the island, and we hoped the black dragon. Nothing came flying after us, at least. Then we made our way to the priests of Sela to bring Nurlan back, and from there, we returned to the Prince to report on our success."

orsal

LEW Judge
Nurlan lets Eanos fill in the details he had not witnessed, then retakes control of the narrative.

"Prince Medius thanked us for our service. We were all rewarded with Monemvassian knighthoods and estates. I am now Sir Nurlan, the owner of Irene's amphitheatre, not far outside the city walls, where I host music performances and festivals. It is strange to me to have a home; it is unnatural for a wanderer like myself to be so tied to one location, but it is also nice to be my own impresario. Rinaldo had already opened his shop in Orussus, but now has a branch in Monemvassia too. Tenebrynn and Ashnar have established arcane research in a tower in the area. I see Kim Tensil from time to time; he is doing well. As Jezibel's machinations have been revealed, he has been exonerated of the crime for which she tried to frame him.

"And Wimpell Frump, the triple-crossing illusionist... what do you suppose became of him?"

Gurdjieff

First Post
Irene, Illusionist

"Wa-waaait a second, you mean the guy that got Ashnar and you killed is still alive, and even has a role of importance in Monemvassia? That's so wrong! Why did you let him get away with that! Argh, he's lucky I wasn't there at the time or... or... err-I'd do something really, uhm, bad to him!"

Irene swings her empty glass around in a wild manner, perhaps signalling that big glasses of wine can have an interesting effect on small halflings.

"You know Nurly and Eanos, we should go back to Monemvassia some day, and teach that Frump a lesson! Mhm, make him regret what he did! That's what we should do some day!"

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads