(Tavern) City of Orussus, The Red Dragon Inn IV

Status
Not open for further replies.

Creamsteak

Explorer
Important Links
Trading-Post

The Red Dragon Inn
The Red Dragon Inn is home to a motley sort of people. Located near an incredibly life-like statue of a Great Red Wyrm, rumored to in fact be a petrified dragon. Surrounded by a complex of two taverns and a huge inn with hundreds of rooms of flexible cost, the Red Dragon only irks a small amount of it's costs from the ale and bedding. In fact, most of the profits accumulated at the Red Dragon come from individuals that may never have set foot inside at all.

The Red Dragon is the functioning base of operation of a huge number of adventuresome individuals. Oftentimes a wealthy employer will post an advertisement at the establishment, costing anywhere from nothing for those who need help the most, to hundreds of thousands of gold pieces from kindoms farther away than most people knew the world stretched.

Who sets these prices? The bartender, an infamous brewer by the name of Joe Smith. His reputation is in his bar, and the bar is in his heart. He makes the decision to let the poor and neady post warrants, jobs, and anything else for pennies, while charging absolutely abusive amounts of money for the wealthy to have a similar contract. People pay what he thinks they should pay, and all but those that shouldn't be posting here anyway make the concessions to do so.

This has allowed the bar to grow to it's incredible size. Many a new table was paid for by a simple advertisement. And, in exchange, the Red Dragon is open and often free to it's clients. Drinks of all sorts, wines, ale, milk, and foreign fruits all make their way to the Red Dragon, where anything is possible. The only people not permitted in the Red Dragon are those that offend the barkeep.

Many people tell the stories about the historical figures that have graced the Red Dragon. Many of these stories are told in the stories of bards and the wives tales of the oldest bar maids. The interior is ever changing, some tables being made of common woods, and others being purchased at extreme costs to accomodate the best of heroes and nobles. If someone doesn't like linen bedsheets, oftentimes silk will be imported within the hour to cover those that need it. Of course, this tends to be the path to offending old Joe, but he won't kick you out till your willing to leave on your own.

The dragon's eyes glow at night, acting as a beacon. The street lights on the paths outside allow for an excellent night-time environment. By the time everyone wakes up, they can find a bed of toasted breads, morning pastries, cheeses, eggs, and if they need something special, it only takes a few minutes to make. The Red Dragon is obviously a fine place to spend a night. Of course, the clientel that come her most often are also the same kind of folk that always find themselves on the road, and having a home away from home is a huge reason why they all return here eventually.

The first thing any visitor should do, upon entering the the Red Dragon, is shuffle up to Joe. The barmaids try to ensure that this happens promptly, because Joe can't stand anyone that doesn't say hi at the very least. The second thing Joe does to any visitor, is to get them to shout out their name and any important facts about themselves that others might need to know. Then, third, the entire bar greets the newcomer and gets back to their drinking. It's all just customery, but Joe sure does appreciate it.

Sparky

A tall, lean human dressed in well-worn leathers edges in. Pausing in the doorway she stares around, amazed and wary. She flinches as a gaggle of merry patrons brush by her on their way out. She growls quietly, brow furrowed, hands flickering over her fierce array of weapons in what is cleary a reflexive check. She relaxes as she puts a hand on a small, heavily carved wooden flute that hangs on a long, beaded string around her neck. Taking a deep breath, she walks to the nearest occupied table and makes an inquiry.

She smells of pelts and soap and wind. Her voice is raspy, "John Smith?"

Hof

Explorer
Just returning from a brief stroll through the town, Dioran re-enters the tavern. He compliments the maids on their excellent skills ("You really cleaned the house this time") before sitting down at the bar.

After straightening his coat and rubbing his bald scalp absent mindedly, Dioran addresses the crowd: "So, what's new in the world today?"

Hof

Protean

Still the Same
A tall lean man strolls gently towards the bar. His humble black hood, slids gently down, revealing a tightly knit braid and shapely goatee, both black. " I present myself, Joseph Dar`maryon, a hunter of bounties and other anequities. I am at the service of all. I also have quite a compliment of wines at my disposal if it pleases any."

Last edited:

GPEKO

First Post
One of the two ugly half-orc who have been looking for work around the red dragon inn addresses the tall woman. "You tall she ! Say name because Big Joe mad when people not do that. It be easy." He points to himself. "Me Gath."

Gath turns to Joseph, "Wine ? Good but me prefer gloobock*. What you got ? Me low on coins but still thirsty."

*beer in orcish

Protean

Still the Same
GPEKO said:
One of the two ugly half-orc who have been looking for work around the red dragon inn addresses the tall woman. "You tall she ! Say name because Big Joe mad when people not do that. It be easy." He points to himself. "Me Gath."

Gath turns to Joseph, "Wine ? Good but me prefer gloobock*. What you got ? Me low on coins but still thirsty."

*beer in orcish
"A smattering of varieties. I'll part with a bottle for you. Joseph gets up and hands the half-orc a bottle of 'Cher'brough Fairmont', a soft white.

Kahuna Burger

First Post
The door to the red dragon opens and middle aged human man steps into the main room. He is wearing clothes of fancy make but common cloth and what would seem to be some sort of sash of office. Stepping up to the bar, he briefly converses with the barman before turning to the folks at the various tables.

"Hello, all, I am Councilman Therick of the township Bluerun. I have come looking for those who would aid us in our current crisis. We are beset by a gang of bandits who raid our businesses and harrass our citizens. Our watch is made up of good men, but they are few and unused to dealing with such blatent disregard for the law. I ask for the aid of any who can give it..."

Hof

Explorer
After hearing the councilman's words, Dioran stands up.
"We are sorry to hear of your plight, sir. Perhaps we can be of some assistance. We would, of course, require a little more information before committing ourselves. What kind of risks would we be facing, and what manner of compensation is to persuade us to take said risks?"

Kahuna Burger

First Post
Hof said:
After hearing the councilman's words, Dioran stands up.
"We are sorry to hear of your plight, sir. Perhaps we can be of some assistance. We would, of course, require a little more information before committing ourselves. What kind of risks would we be facing, and what manner of compensation is to persuade us to take said risks?"

"The risks I cannot easily judge, for I am not a warrior as yourselves. These bandits attack in groups, covering their individual weaknesses with the bullying of a pack. They are mostly ruffians, though with each raid is one or two leaders, who have somehow aquired steeds and weapons above their station. They are whoresons one and all, even flaunting the name as if such birth was something to be proud of. While they plague our peaceful village, I believe they would turn and flee a strong opposition like the curs they are."

The councilman has become redfaced as he speaks and takes a moment to sip his drink and regain his composure. "As for the reward, there is some money in our treasury and many of the citizens have volunteered assets as well. We are prepared to pay out coins and small gems in a total value of 500 gold peices on your successful rout of these bandits. Then, if they do not return in two months time, we will pay the same amount again. I'm sure it is less than you could make in other endevours, but I am apealing as much to your charity as your greed..."

buzzard

First Post
Having gotten the idea that some sort of introduction to the bartender was customary, Lupic ambled up to Joe and introduces himself -"I am Lupic. I wish to be adventurer. Right now I am very poor adventurer, you need bouncer?"

[In the meantime, he has been following the bald man Dioran around like a puppy. Rather like a dog, anything that threatened him was growled at. ]

Upon hearing a request for adventurers to aid a town he steps up "I will help. Bandits are no good. I can crush the life from them so they no longer hurt you".

buzzard

Status
Not open for further replies.
Remove ads