• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

(Tavern) City of Orussus, The Red Dragon Inn V

Status
Not open for further replies.

silentspace

First Post
Pbartender said:
OOC: Which logbook do you have? There were several, and I don't remember anyone picking any of them up.

OOC: A note... Jo is planning on leaving in the morning, not Zhang. Zhang was planning on following D'Artagnan, who had mentioned getting a room for the night.

OOC:

Jo said he didn't want to look for Word.

Zhang left the table and went upstairs to a room, following D'Artagnan.

Atella already examined all the logbooks on the ship, they contained nothing more than mundane ship accounts.

Edit:

I was pretending D'Artagnan was still here, so that we could at least talk about it. But I think it's not worth it. Atella will be leaving this adventure. If you want to kill him off, let me know. I'll just retire the character.

Last edited:

Pbartender

First Post
At Zhangsun's mention of logbooks, something nags at the back of D'artagnon's mind. He thinks back to the search of the cabins...

The prybar and two pair of strong arms opens the chest handily, though the magnificent lock and latch are damaged beyond repair.

Inside, Atella and D'artagnon find a bulging canvas sack, a leather bound notebook, a lidded jar filled with a pungent-smelling ointment, something that looks like a rather small waterskin, a small pouch full of leaden sling stones, and a pair of curious devices that are most difficult to describe...

"Hello...Flintlocks! These things are rare. I once heard a General tell us that eventually he wanted every soldier to carry a flintlock. Enough of these and you'll bring a Kingdom to it's knees.Well, these are certainly worth getting riled up about!

"Atella,I suggest we pack these up, and get the hades out of here. Now we know what these thugs are after."

D'Artagnon gets the uneasy feeling that he might not have been correct in his assessment.

Last edited:

silentspace

First Post
OOC: No longer pretending D'Artagnan is still here...

Atella thinks it over.

"Merlis, I'll tell you what I know, which is not much. D'Artagnan, that impulsive fellow who went upstairs, was framed by some murdering thugs. He never really explained what happened. Well, for some reason they had to go to this ship to clear their names. He went with two other warriors. Well, they weren't really too good at searching, and didn't get much done. Then Jo, Zhang and I were having a nice chat at this here tavern when we were hired to deliver a package to that same ship. The package was one of the warrior's weapons, who took it and left. We talked with the remaining two warriors, who said they had been framed, and asked us to help search the ship. Then another warrior left, leaving just D'Artagnan. Zhang went on the ship but Jo and I didn't see a reason to help, as they were acting pretty much like thieves, and we tried to leave. At the end of the dock we met a fellow named Captain Word, who offered a reward for a package that was on the ship. We turned him down, and both of us were snuck up on and knocked out with one blow from behind. While we were unconscious they tied us up, weighted us down, and tossed us over the edge of the pier."

"Zhang and D'Artagnan came to rescue us. Thinking we were trapped, we went on the ship and I searched it. We found what looks like a treasure map, and this strange device called a 'flintlock' that D'Artagnan took, I think. He thinks that's what this is all about. That's about all I know."

Atella pauses and takes another drink.

"Well, I'm just about fed up with all of this. It's been no fun, believe me. But it does seem like its about to get fun. Strange devices and treasure maps, these are the things adventures are made of, no? Merlis, if you want, I'm sure D'Artagnan will let you take my place in the group. Me, I don't want to run the risk of being spotted by Word or his rogues in this town, so I'll be leaving. Jo, it was great meeting you. If you stay, give my regards to D'Artagnan and Zhang."

Atella gets up and heads out the door.

OOC: Retiring from Enworld

orsal

LEW Judge
silentspace said:
OOC: No longer pretending D'Artagnan is still here...

OOC: Why not? His player posted less than 24 hours ago.

silentspace said:
"Merlis, I'll tell you what I know, which is not much.
... That's about all I know."

All through this conversation Jo has been thinking. That temperamental human... humans tend to be like that, don't they? Even dear old Grandma had these mood swings. Am I like that? I have a little human blood too. Scary thought. But what about D'Artagnan. When we meet him he threatens to run us off the docks, then he saves my life, and now all of a sudden his rude streak is back. Maybe I should stay with him, just to learn to understand humans better. But ... I really don't understand what his mission is all about, and he doesn't seem to want to straighten me out on this. Especially since now it sounds like he and Zhangsun will be around town a bit longer. I had hoped this quest would take them out of town, following the map, but I guess they can't figure out where it leads. No way I'm staying here any longer. Haisi and I had planned to get back on the road right after yesterday's meal.

In his bedraggled state, Jo isn't in the mood to say much out loud, so all this remains internal monologue. However, when Atella bids him adieu,

silentspace said:
Me, I don't want to run the risk of being spotted by Word or his rogues in this town, so I'll be leaving. Jo, it was great meeting you. If you stay, give my regards to D'Artagnan and Zhang."

... he does say "Happy travels. I'll be on my way soon too. Who knows, maybe our paths will cross again."

silentspace said:
OOC: Retiring from Enworld

OOC: Jo won't officially retire, but it's unlikely he'll show up any time soon -- if I really get the urge to play him again before LEW opens another home base, I'll have a little difficulty finding an IC reason for him to return. It's mainly for Jo's reasons rather than Orsal's that he's leaving, but Orsal is content with the decision -- I'm having enough fun with my other LEW character, who I think I like somewhat better. Meanwhile, Jo is still at the table, but as soon as he finishes his drink he will find the energy to get a room and go upstairs.

silentspace

First Post
OOC: Same here. Retiring for IC reasons, because there are people who want him dead and he has no where to go except to another city. Didn't think about making a new character, maybe I'll do that.

Pbartender

First Post
silentspace said:
OOC: Same here. Retiring for IC reasons, because there are people who want him dead and he has no where to go except to another city...

OOC: Of course, the people who wanted him dead may think that he is, in fact, dead... They certainly didn't stick around to finish the job, eh?

silentspace

First Post
Pbartender said:
OOC: Of course, the people who wanted him dead may think that he is, in fact, dead... They certainly didn't stick around to finish the job, eh?

OOC: Right, but what happens when Word or his rogues see Atella? He can't stick around the city, can he? Unless he hears that Word and his rogues are gone from the city, Atella thinks its best for him to leave, which means leaving Enworld...

Edit: Because as Orsal pointed out, this is the only city in Enworld for players to hang out at...

Last edited:

silentspace

First Post
OOC: Maybe a little more explanation is in order. Atella, like Jo, has no intention of going after Captain Word. As a player character, you need to know when you are outclassed and outgunned. And that's what we are. There's absolutely no reason for Atella to die going after him. There's no heroic reason, no monetary reason, there's just no reason at all. Why D'Artagnan and Zhangsun think they can take Captain Word is beyond me. That's why Atella is leaving D'Artagnan and Zhangsun. The fact that Captain Word also wants Atella dead is why Atella is leaving Enworld.

Pbartender

First Post
OOC: Alright... But please, send me an email (MWDomeier@hotmail.com), please... I got a few questions. I'd send one your way, but the board's email function is disabled.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads