• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

(Tavern) City of Orussus, The Red Dragon Inn V

Status
Not open for further replies.

Verbatim

Explorer
His mind swimming with all the information he had been given, Merlis wondered if his curiousity had landed him in something far too big for a mage of his meager skills. However, he had made his offer, and as his father had taught him your word was binding, whether good tidings or ill.

"Wow, I must admit that there is more to you all than even I had imagined. While I am afraid to admit that my skills may not be up to your needs, I do not wish to misguide you either. If you still feel that my services will be needed for you and your companions, my offer to travel with is still there, however, I also do not wish to blindly charge into the dragon's den while the wyrm is still there."

Having spoken his mind, Merlis finishes his ale and ordered another, hoping that the potent brew would settle his suddenly jumpy nerves.

OOC:Wow..I guess I should have read the thread leading up to all of this. I would love to get into some mishaps with you all, but hopefully my first one would be one I could survive..:)

Pbartender

First Post
At D'Artagnan's request, Joe the bartender hands over a key to one of the bedrooms upstairs.

Merlis follows his newfound companions towards the back stairway. Along their way, he passes a table in the back corner. A man sits alone at the table smoking a cigarello and reading from a small leather bound book. He is dressed in a rather foppish and dashing style. His clothing and demeanor bear a striking resemblance to D'Artagnon, the swashbuckling fellow Merlis just met.

Though his eyes are firmly planted on the pages of the book, Merlis gets uneasy notion that the fellow in the corner is watching them.

Upstairs, the key unlocks a small room that contains a pair of beds, a table and a couple of chairs. A lit candle stands on the table.

Verbatim said:
OOC:Wow..I guess I should have read the thread leading up to all of this. I would love to get into some mishaps with you all, but hopefully my first one would be one I could survive..:)

OOC: Don't worry too much... This adventure is designed for 1st level characters. The characters have had a couple of bits of bad luck thus far, but they're doing alright. Such is the low-level game where luck has more to do with success than skill, eh?

Last edited:

orsal

LEW Judge
Pbartender said:
At D'Artagnan's request, Joe the bartender hands over a key to one of the bedrooms upstairs.

Assuming that did happen (I missed the post requesting it), Jo waves them good-bye.

"Good luck with your further adventures. Oh, and thanks for saving my life."

A few minutes later, having finished his drink, he reserves his own room upstairs. He then lets Haisi out the door to spend the night on the roof, or in the air if the eagle needs some more exercise. He then goes upstairs, ready for a longer than usual trance, hoping to recover from the last effects of Captain Word's goons.

Emiricol

TheNovak said:
"Nae all we need is a thief an' a spelltosser, an' we'll be ready tae take on the world!"
Adriev sips slowly at his drink, listening carefully to the conversation. Finally he shrugs, puts on a winsome smile, and approaches. "Aye, your group is grown well," he says glancing to the few people clustered around with Cailean and Rogar.

"But ye don't seem to have a scout with ye. Good day! I am Adriev, and if a scout and trapfinder is what you seek, I am your man. And my singin' voice is improving all the time, which can't hurt when you are long away from the nearest tavern, eh?"

Knight Otu

First Post
Emiricol said:
And my singin' voice is improving all the time, which can't hurt when you are long away from the nearest tavern, eh?"
Semabin, who has listened to the approaching man with interest, seems even more interested in that last sentence.

"Your singing voice? Maybe at some time we can sit together to talk about that? As a man aiming to be a dervish, I am very much interested in learning about songs, and dances."

Other Guy

First Post
“Songs and dances? What?” Loskrad, who had been half-listening to the conversations occurring since he sat down, turns and looks at Adriev and Semabin. Now slightly loosened by a mug of ale, he speaks. “It took this tavern under two minutes to shift from ‘I’m a marked man,’ to ‘teach me how to sing and dance,’” he laughs.

“Very well, Adriev. Semabin. Let me buy you both a drink and you can show us all what you’re made of.”

Steadfast

First Post
Emiricol said:
Adriev sips slowly at his drink, listening carefully to the conversation. Finally he shrugs, puts on a winsome smile, and approaches. "Aye, your group is grown well," he says glancing to the few people clustered around with Cailean and Rogar.

"But ye don't seem to have a scout with ye. Good day! I am Adriev, and if a scout and trapfinder is what you seek, I am your man. And my singin' voice is improving all the time, which can't hurt when you are long away from the nearest tavern, eh?"

"Indeed." Cailean says with a smile. "Pull up a chair and join us! I'm Cailean and this is Rogar, Durg and Semabin" He says pointing to each one in turn. "I must say, I've never been in so friendly an establishment in all my travels, and I've travelled a lot."

Knight Otu

First Post
Other Guy said:
“Very well, Adriev. Semabin. Let me buy you both a drink and you can show us all what you’re made of.”
"I guess I should warn you that my singing voice is not as developed as I would like it to be, nor is my dancing.", Semabin laughs loudly and friendly. "But if you still want to hear or see me, I can do so. Just don't say I didn't warn you! Adriev, what do you say? Heard of the 'Song of the Winds United?'"

Zerth

First Post
"Go ahead, Semabin. I promise you sing better than me," Durg says and takes a good swig of his ale. "Don't worry, I'm not gonna sing," he adds with a smile on his crude face.

Verbatim

Explorer
Pbartender said:

Merlis follows his newfound companions towards the back stairway. Along their way, he passes a table in the back corner. A man sits alone at the table smoking a cigarello and reading from a small leather bound book. He is dressed in a rather foppish and dashing style. His clothing and demeanor bear a striking resemblance to D'Artagnon, the swashbuckling fellow Merlis just met.

Though his eyes are firmly planted on the pages of the book, Merlis gets uneasy notion that the fellow in the corner is watching them.

Upstairs, the key unlocks a small room that contains a pair of beds, a table and a couple of chairs. A lit candle stands on the table.

Following his new companions up into the room, Merlis waited until the door was closed before mentioning the man in the hallway.

"I know I am more than likely being a touch irrational, but is the gentleman in the hallway a companion of yours? If not, I have a sinking feeling that he was watching all of us enter this room."

Hoping he was wrong, Merlis looked at his more experienced companions to gauge their reactions.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Remove ads