• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

(Tavern) City of Orussus, The Red Dragon Inn V

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kahuna Burger

First Post
Kirin sits quietly at her table, scratching her riding dog's ears and offering assorted bits of food to the half orc's squirrel. The gnomish (priest? her medalion is of a lighted candle, not a symbol of any of the greater gods (know religion:
the symbol of the mortalists, enworld equivelent of secular humanists
)) seems fascinated by the joinings and splits in the different groups scattered at the tables and says to her remaining companions(s?), "Some people just want to be part of something, some seek skills they lack, and other similarity of demeanor... I would perfer to seek similarity of purpose, but I feel that will be more easy to judge when some possible purposes are presented to us - seems we have a shortage of requests for aid at the inn today." She doesn't try to make her thoughts secret, nor announce them as a speech to any who don't care to listen to the talk around that table.

Other Guy

First Post
Loskrad smiles and pulls a waitress aside to order a mug for each Adriev and Semabin, and another for himself. He moves himself to a seat closer to the performers and begins clapping along with Cailean, forgetting his weariness.

Kahuna Burger

First Post
As the hubbub of the inn ebbs and flows, another entrance is made, but this one unusually dramatic. There is the sound of a chime, and a glowing dot appears in the air in front of the notice board. It stretches out into a horizontal line which then moves downward, forming a glowing rectangle the approximate size of a dressing mirror. Within is the image of a middle aged human man wearing an expensive looking dressing gown. He clears his throat and speaks in clipped, hurried tones.

“I assume that I have reached the facility known as the Red Dragon Inn, and that those observing are interested in obtaining employment in the heroic fields. I have need of a small group possessing skill, discretion and courage. As you might guess, my magical skill overpowers anything I might find here, it is the mundane arts I wish to hire – trackers, fighters and those who can negotiate. I provide reasonable compensation directly in line with your skill and speed in my task. This interface will also provide a portal for up to five individuals to join me now. I will not be kind to any who cross frivolously.” With that, the rectangle is filled only with a soft glow.

(ooc: this is a vignette, aiming for a little distraction and fast resolution. Magic will not be entirely nerfed, but tracking skill and some social abilities will be crucial. The amount of combat will be partially up to you, but should be moderate. I want it to start asap and move fairly quickly over a week or so.)

Zerth

First Post
The strange glowing apparition instantly gains Durg's attention. With mixed feelings of curiosity and suspicion the half-orc listens to the speech. Some sort of mage offers work. I don't know if I am the type he wants to hire, but he said he needs fighters.

Without further delay, the half-orc leaves his tankard on the table and stands up. He turns to bow once more to the people he had shared the table with, and walks straight towards the portal disappearing from sight as soon as he reaches it.

Knight Otu

First Post
Semabin is startled by the apparation and loses his rhythm. As he watches Durg going through the portal, he asks the others at the table "What do you think about that? I'd like to go, what about you?"

Even though that apparation did look a bit like fire...

Other Guy

First Post
Accustomed to large, often exaggerated displays of magical power all his life, Loskrad remains entirely unimpressed and is, in fact, slightly annoyed at the interruption. “As you might guess, my magical skill overpowers anything I might find here,” he repeats mockingly. “He assumes he’s better than all of us. I’m tempted to take him up on his offer just for the chance to sabotage it,” he laughs.

“Well, what do the rest of you think? I can’t track and I’m not a diplomat, but I’m smart and carry a massive sword, and I might be willing to suppress my scorn if he pays us well.”

Last edited:

Steadfast

First Post
Cailean looks to Rogar. "You did say you were looking for adventure. This may be just the thing. Although, I have yet to get any sleep."

TheNovak

First Post
Laughing and clapping with Adriev's song, Rogar lifts yet another huge tankard in salute to the bard as he finishes his performance, then downs half of it (and spills the rest on his beard, forming twin waterfalls down his braids). "Ha! Ye're enough tae make a grown dwarf cry, me friend! Ye sing like one o' the stout folk...and don't ye be lookin' at me like that, we've our share o' fine musicians!"

Steadfast said:
Cailean looks to Rogar. "You did say you were looking for adventure. This may be just the thing. Although, I have yet to get any sleep."

The dwarven cleric laughs heartily. "Aye, sounds good tae me, though I'm not one fer discretion! I'd like tae grab a quick nap afore I head out again, but the gods love fools, drunks, an' all those in between! Tae the portal, lads!"

Stomping across the tavern with all due haste, hardly reeling at all from the three tankards of strong ale he's just imbibed, Rogar approaches the portal and then stops, turns, and waits for the rest of his new friends to follow behind.

Steadfast

First Post
Cailean hops to his feet and picks up the Guisarme that had been resting by his side. He walks over to the portal. "See you on the other side." he says almost somberly and steps through.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Remove ads