• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

(Tavern) City of Orussus, The Red Dragon Inn V

Status
Not open for further replies.

orsal

LEW Judge
Kahuna Burger (Kirin) said:
"Tell me, Nurlan, have you ever heard of a tribe of goblins known as Jebli? My knowlege does not extend to current events, but I thought you might have heard tales."

"Horrible brutes. Savage even for goblins. The enemy of all civilized societies. They are known for kidnapping and murdering anybody they can capture.", Nurlan replies.

Gurdjieff

First Post
"Sounds horrible, not a pleasant thought of getting caught by some of those gobbies. And the reward is pretty decent as well. Maybe we should check it out?"

orsal

LEW Judge
Venus said:
"Sounds horrible, not a pleasant thought of getting caught by some of those gobbies. And the reward is pretty decent as well. Maybe we should check it out?"

It takes Nurlan a moment to figure out what she's talking about but once he notices the new posting on the messageboard, he takes a look. Oh, he suddenly realizes, that's why Kirin asked.

"If the king is offering a bounty, they must be causing quite a problem in Monemvassia. I suppose..." The sentence doesn't get finished, as he stops to think a little more about the implications.

(OOC: This isn't a good week for me to start an adventure, since I'm not sure if I'll be logging in, or how often, between Wednesday and Sunday. If Nurlan decides to go -- and the course of discussions in the Inn might influence that decision -- I won't be posting in that thread before Sunday. It's up to you to decide whether to wait for me; if you decide not to, I'll metagame a reason for Nurlan to pass it up. Which shouldn't be too hard.)

Steve Jung

Explorer
The front door opens and in strolls a youthful-looking human. He's a little taller than average with a normal build. When the traveller gets in the door, his pack slips off his shoulders with a clank and thud. Strapped to the pack is a light shield bearing the device of a silver falcon, wings outstretched (DC 10 Knowledge-Religion check:
holy symbol of the demi-goddess Phyrah
). His green eyes flit over the room, seeming to take in everything. His glance alights on the sign requesting introductions.

He calls out, "Greetings fellow travelers. I am Charlarn of Phyrah."
Charlarn then grasps a chunk of his shoulder-length brown hair, "Does anyone know where I can get my hair cut?"

Last edited:

Erekose13

Explorer
A thin elf in gray robes wanders in behind the tall human. He pokes his head around the large man avoiding the falling backpack. Then steps to the side and offers his hand, "Good day to you Charlarn, I am Tenebrynn Glimmersight. A mage by training I suppose, though I am more of a librarian. Just stepped out to see about a drink, will you join me?"

Steve Jung

Explorer
Erekose13 said:
A thin elf in gray robes wanders in behind the tall human. He pokes his head around the large man avoiding the falling backpack. Then steps to the side and offers his hand, "Good day to you Charlarn, I am Tenebrynn Glimmersight. A mage by training I suppose, though I am more of a librarian. Just stepped out to see about a drink, will you join me?"
Charlarn turns to the elf and shakes the offered hand. "Well met, Tenebrynn Glimmersight. Did I pronounce that correctly?" he adds. "I apologize for the pack. It tends to get heavy. I would like a drink. Is there any you would recommend?"

Erekose13

Explorer
Tenebrynn smiles as Charlarn does indeed pronounce his rather lengthy name exactly right. "Well lets see, I am told that the Red Dragon carries a wonderful vintage of wine from the Vingarius Vineyard. They had some trouble a little while ago with bandits or some such and so their older bottles fetch quite the price these days."

Steve Jung

Explorer
Erekose13 said:
Tenebrynn smiles as Charlarn does indeed pronounce his rather lengthy name exactly right. "Well lets see, I am told that the Red Dragon carries a wonderful vintage of wine from the Vingarius Vineyard. They had some trouble a little while ago with bandits or some such and so their older bottles fetch quite the price these days."
"Excellent. I don't think I've had their wine before."

orsal

LEW Judge
Nurlan greets the newcomers in the Common language, "Welcome! Nurlan of Lhondaio here, a traveling minstrel. I make my living from song and story, and await whatever adventures life will send my way." He decides against singing his introduction again, since Irene and Kirin would find it too repetitive.

Then he turns to the elf and continues in Elvish: "A librarian, are you? I suppose you read a lot, spending your day surrounded by all those books? Some time you and I could share stories we've picked up. I get mine mostly from word of mouth."

Switching back to Common, he says, "You recommend the Vingarius? I'll have to try that -- my glass is almost empty, as you see. I'm new to town and not familiar with the local produce."

Kahuna Burger

First Post
A gnomish woman smiles a greeting as the two newcomers enter and introdcue themselves. She wears a silver symbol of a lighted candle (know: religion dc 10 =
the emblem of the Mortalists, a godless (and sometimes even anti-god) charitable philosophy, which includes some adventuring clerics.
) over her light armor. "I'm glad to see more travelers coming in - when I first entered,I thought Joe had somehow gone out of business in my absence... I am Kirin, I'm here to help." Nodding to Charlarn, she adds "There are some barbers in the city, or if its an emergency I could do my best with a belt knife, but I don't see why you would want to get rid of such nice locks. Has the Searcher placed a ban on long haired travelers?" She smiles, but seems a little nervous, as if she is unsure her friendliness will be returned.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Remove ads