• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

(Tavern) City of Orussus, The Red Dragon Inn V

Status
Not open for further replies.

Erekose13

Explorer
"Pleased to meet you Nurlan", Tenebrynn says in Elvish before continuing in Common, "Yes I am indeed a librarian, currently in residence at the great library here in Orussus. I think I have read every book in the library, or atleast all the ones that interest me. I would dearly like to get my hands on more books and stories. I am particularily interested in the local history, my specialty.

Nice to meet you as well Kirin. Perhaps we could all share a bottle of the Vingarius. So any recent news? This has always been a haven for adventurers, thought I might start my search here."
he finishes, nodding politely to Kirin as she introduces herself.

Steve Jung

Explorer
Kahuna Burger said:
/snip/
Nodding to Charlarn, she adds "There are some barbers in the city, or if its an emergency I could do my best with a belt knife, but I don't see why you would want to get rid of such nice locks. Has the Searcher placed a ban on long haired travelers?" She smiles, but seems a little nervous, as if she is unsure her friendliness will be returned.
Charlarn grins in return. "I believe you are the first Mortalist I've met, Kirin. I bet you have some interesting ideas about theology. Since it isn't an emergency, a barber will do. Thank you." He, then chuckles, "No, the Searcher doesn't care about hair styles. I prefer it short. Otherwise it gets in my way."

orsal

LEW Judge
Nurlan, taking up Tenebrynn's suggestion, goes to the bar to get a bottle of the recommended wine, from which he then offers a glass to all assembled. Then he remarks, "A fellow minstrel I met once who had travelled in Kahol told me that when the Kaholians sing, it's almost always about wine. Shall we try a Kaholian drinking song he taught me?" He goes into a short song the lyrics of which are something to the effect of "let's all get so drunk we can't tell which end is up", only not quite so succinct.

Steve Jung

Explorer
orsal said:
Nurlan greets the newcomers in the Common language, "Welcome! Nurlan of Lhondaio here, a traveling minstrel. I make my living from song and story, and await whatever adventures life will send my way."
"Well met, Nurlan. I'm a bit of a musician myself." Charlarn pulls out his pan pipes from his belt pouch.

Kahuna Burger

First Post
Steve Jung said:
Charlarn grins in return. "I believe you are the first Mortalist I've met, Kirin. I bet you have some interesting ideas about theology. Since it isn't an emergency, a barber will do. Thank you." He, then chuckles, "No, the Searcher doesn't care about hair styles. I prefer it short. Otherwise it gets in my way."
Kirin's bright blue eyes seem to twinkle a little and she responds, "No no, on theology I am satified to learn and respect the teachings of each faith... It is my veiws on reality that you might find strange..." She grins then adds more seriously, "But I work to fullfill my own philosophy, not to oppose anyone else's. I have dedicated myself to protecting the weak and gaining knowlege, and I generally let issues outside of the mortal realm be a matter of opinion. I have encountered a few followers of Phyrah at the hospice I trained at, and your faith seems to attract pleasant enough fellows."

orsal

LEW Judge
Steve Jung said:
"Well met, Nurlan. I'm a bit of a musician myself." Charlarn pulls out his pan pipes from his belt pouch.

"Wonderful. Perhaps we could perform together? My mentor was an excellent cornettist -- still is, although he no longer has the energy to travel far, alas -- so I am used to singing with accompaniment. Why don't you play something for us?"

(OOC: not sure whether I'll be logging in over the next 4 days -- if someone asks Nurlan something and he doesn't answer, he's not being rude, I am. :D )

Erekose13

Explorer
Tenebrynn sits back with his glass of wine to enjoy the songs of his new friends. He declines any invitation to join them, embarrased by his lack of singing ability.

((ooc: manzanita had posted a hook for adventurers, I am just waiting for Tenebrynn to be approved before joining it. ))

Steve Jung

Explorer
Charlarn plays a catchy tune on his pipes. After he finishes, he notes, "Sometimes I wish I had more time to practice. But the life of a traveling cleric doesn't leave much time."

Kahuna Burger said:
/snip/
She grins then adds more seriously, "But I work to fullfill my own philosophy, not to oppose anyone else's. I have dedicated myself to protecting the weak and gaining knowlege, and I generally let issues outside of the mortal realm be a matter of opinion. I have encountered a few followers of Phyrah at the hospice I trained at, and your faith seems to attract pleasant enough fellows."
"Thank you. If you are representative of the Mortalists, I'll enjoy meeting more of you as well."

Steve Jung

Explorer
Charlarn ambles over to the messageboard. "Has anyone else seen this call for help? If these creatures are interfering with safe travel in this region, I cannot ignore it. Will you join me?"

Erekose13

Explorer
Tenebrynn swirls his wine a moment before taking another sip. As Charlarn calls out for someone to join his adventure, Tenebrynn wanders over. "Hmm. I dont know, do you think I would be any good at all that outdoors stuff? I'd like to help especially because the travel might lead to a new source for books and well any payment would certainly help fund such expenses. Still I haven't much set foot outside Orussus."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads