(Tavern) City of Orussus, The Red Dragon Inn VII

Status
Not open for further replies.

Creamsteak

Explorer
Gur constructs a magnificent temple of cards out of a fairly ordinary deck, then screws up horribly with one of the last few remaining pieces, sedning the entire thing crumbling down upon itself on top of the table.

"Dagnabit..."

Rose Marie waves a cheerful greeting to Beamer as he passes through, and finishes up her own breakfast. She decides for the moment that she's had a long trip and staying in and in one place might be nice for once. At least until she gets bored.

Of course, with the human in the corner making a ruckus with his cascading temple of cards, it's not likely to get too boring.

Rose Marie watches Gur collect the cards for a moment, then gets up and skips over to his table where she starts gathering some of the cards that have fallen on the floor. "Here ya go. That looks like fun, may I try?"

Xaov

First Post
When he wakes up Azaroth feeling a bit hungry and from the looks of it so is Hastur, he gets dressed and walks down stairs.

He sees Rose talking with the man he bought the drink for last night. He calls out a greeting to Rose and nods to the stranger sitting next to her.

He sits at the bar and proceeds to eat.

Creamsteak

Explorer
Gur looks left and right... then for some strange reason up, and he turns a full circle before he stops. "Oh... one of the short people. Hey there! Well, if you want to help, that's fine. I'm just wasting time hoping that someone comes in looking for a woodsman or a tracker. If it was lumbering season, I'd still be logging right now."

"The name is Gur Chuck-Chuck, and I'm a tracker. I specialize in easy game, Giants. Easy to track that is. Hard as hell to take down. Not my thing to mess with little people though, so we've got no quarels. I just don't like big unnatural monsters that can clear a whole forest of it's meat in a fortnight. I'd love to take down one of those giant flying lizards sometime, but I havn't had the chance. An ogre though, no problem."

Last edited:

Xaov

First Post
AFter a nice meal, Azaroth gathers a few things together and proceeds to head to inspector Legrasse's house.

OOC: For now this Azaroth has left the building

Rose Marie hands Gur the cards she collected from the floor and smiles. "Nice to meetcha, Mr Chuck-Chuck. I'm Rose Marie Lightstar and I'm just wandering. I like to see new places, meet new people, that sort of thing. And us 'short people' as you put it appreciate people like you. Those ogres and stuff are sure intimidating when you're my size! Never seen one of the 'flying lizards' before, though. Sounds kinda neat..."

She scrambles up onto another chair at Gur's table, waving to Azaroth as he comes down. "So, how do you play?" she asks, gesturing to the cards scattered on the table.

Creamsteak

Explorer
"Play? I was just trying to build a card house. I guess we could try to "Play" a game though. Want to make it a game for money? Maybe we should ask Joe if it's OK first..."

Creamsteak

Explorer
"I dunno... I guess you just um... point them at each other till they form a point that 'sticks.' Once it stays in place, and trust me, that's difficult with these damn uneven cards, you have your first point. I'd start with trying to get two points next to each other a few times. Once you've got that down, try building a new point between the first two. That'll make three, and it should be higher. If you lay a card down over the first two points, it makes it much easier to stack that one on top, but both techniques work. Now, you can also use other methods to build 'flat' walls. That's a bit odd though. Those blow over real easy, so you have to be careful with your breathing... jeez... well... I guess you can try it for yourself. You can probably do it better than me seeing as your hands are probably more refined. I can use a bow just fine, but this takes a different kind of care."

Rose Marie blinks at Gur a few times as he tries to explain how to make a card house. Then, after a moment, she nods hesitantly and picks up two cards, setting them together on end. "Like this?" she asks?

At first, the cards stay standing. But not even a second later, they sluff back down to the table. Frowning, Rose picks them back up and tries again, with no better luck. "Hmm... harder than it looks."

And then she's drawn in. These cards have challenged her. Sticking her tongue out of the corner of her mouth just a bit as she concentrates, she leans over the table and keeps trying.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Remove ads