• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

(Tavern) City of Orussus, The Red Dragon Inn VII

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dexerion

First Post
Bartholemu, hardly taking the time to notice the newcommer, starts diving for his cards that were strewn about by the wind. Upon gathering all he can see, he sits on the floor at the location of the last retreived card, shuffles them and starts dealing out the suits to make sure they are all there.

"I am missing one. Oh no! Where is it?" Bartholemu lowers himself to the ground on all fours and begins to examine the floor. "Nobody move! Don't step on my card or it will be bent! Take care that your stools and chairs are not resting on it."

Last edited:

Velmont

First Post
Opale chip a few more copper

"Well, just play dealer's call, so next time you deal, we will give it a try. But for now, a good 5 cards poker will be fine."

As Fimbus present himself, Opale shook gently his head, but it is pretty hard to tell if it is in reaction to what the newcomer said of if it is at the looks her cards, but she really doesn't look like liking it.

She saw the cards moving on the table and quickly put her hands on the pill of cards, and grabs firmly her cards, hiding them to everyone.

"I don't look nor I move..."

As Fimbus approach, she says to him. "Nope, I don't know him, but if you want to join, you can on the next turn..."

OOC: Poker game rolls. The rolls are in order, Opale, Bartholemu, Jack, as told in the comment at the bottom of the page. That make:
Opale: 20 + 0 = 20
Bartholemu: 7 + 5 = 12
Jack: 12 + 6 = 18
Well, I think I will propose some rules for gambling, as Opale, with +10 Bluff, is the most poker face, and it doesn't even help her in the game, when poker is a lot about bluff.

"Looks like it is my hand that time. Thank you gentleman."

Last edited:

Other Guy

First Post
A young man dressed in studded black leather enters the tavern and looks around for a moment. Seeing a friend at a table, he takes a seat and orders a drink. "I think I can delay returning to Andora long enough for a drink with a friend, Mintrik," he says, then waves at Jack.

azmodean

First Post
A young man wearing a vest covered in tools of all kinds over his tunic and breeches enters the tavern. He pauses in the entrance, seemingly taken aback by the number of people. As he starts moving toward a table near the card game, a barmaid intercepts him and tells him something. He clears his throat and says, Greetings all, my name is A'jardin, I am an arcanist seeking employment. He takes a seat at a table near the card game and observes.

Last edited:

Rae ArdGaoth

Explorer
Fimble looks mildly astounded by the number of entrances into the tavern. "Well! This is quite the place, I see!" He watches Barholemu scramble for his cards. "Ahem, pardon me good sir," he says, grinning. "I believe you are... eh... sitting on it." He chuckles and sets his leather satchel down. "I think I'll join in next round, if you don't mind? I'm not so great at cards, but I do love my tricks!" He turns to speak to A'jardin. "An arcanist, eh? Why, I dabble in the arcane as well, and I have a particular fondness for gizmos and gadgets on the side. Perhaps we could trade spells some day, friend?" He winks and continues to watch the game.

azmodean

First Post
Oh my! Another artificer? How er, unexpected. Yes, we may need to trade notes at some point at that. That is, when I have notes worth trading at least. My master told me to learn more than he could teach me I'd need to, how did he put it? 'observe the world aound me with my own senses instead of having them filtered through someone else's'. I must admit I haven't the slightest idea what he was talking about, but here I am.
Those with particularly sharp ears may hear him mutter:
I'm starting to miss my lab already.

Dexerion

First Post
Bartholemu pulls up a leg and the color slowly returns to his face upon discovering the missing card. Thank Jareth. He then shuffles the entire deck a few times and returns to the table and returns the cards to Opale to finish the game. Once in his seat with his cards, he catches Fimbles gaze and nods "Thanks."

Velmont

First Post
As the door open and close, the wind enter making the place colder. In the center of the card game, the little snake starts to move, enrolling himself tighter around the candle.

"Joe, do you have another candle, one that give more heat, my snake will fall in hibernation if the door continue to open and close like that..."

Opale looks at the newcomers...

"There is more wizard here than in an arcanist tower... I just hope we won't be bother too much by some theories on the latest source of magic..."

After winning the hands, she gather the cards and starts to shuffle the cards. She gives the deck to Fimble.

"You're turn to deal. Dealer's call, so you can call the game you wan't as long as we can bet and bluff. And to answer you, Bartholemu, that tournement is a contest among the Kingdom of Medibaria and the Realm of Hendrallia. There is contest in pretty much anything. Combat, arts... I don't remember if there is magic contest, but you'll like it, there is some card tournement. Anyway, it is in the city of Thoral, a neutral ground... at least it was, but you know, both power want to control it. ANyway, it is in 7 month I think, so no big hurry to get there. And it is a great occasion to make some good trade."

OOC: Roll of 1d20+5: 25 :)

azmodean

First Post
Latest source of magic? What a quaint idea. Magic has no source really, it just exists, permeating everything. Though I suppose you could mean concentrations of magic, such as areas or items which have a greater or higher quality of magical energy than the norm. Well if you are worried about that, you can rest your mind concerning me at least. Without significantly more experience in manipulating magical energy than I have I wouldn't even dream of seeking out one of the areas or items I was speaking of.

OOC: you were asking for it. :)

Last edited:

Dexerion

First Post
"Yeah. I was speaking with a Hendrillian just the other day and they told me about it. Sounds like quiet the ordeal. I hope to find my way over there to visit the makeshift temple to jareth that is to be set up, and play some cards. I haven't heard much around the city as far as interest, though. Seems like most people feel it is too far away, but hey... seven months, right?"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads