• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

(Tavern) City of Orussus, The Red Dragon Inn VII

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rystil Arden

First Post
"That explains it perfectly, thank you. To answer your question, I am definately a stranger here and would certainly appreciate any help I could get in learning about it. I offer whatever help I can be in doing the same for you and your friends."

"Well, I have learned a few important things about these people so far, though not knowing about yours, I cannot say if you share traits in these areas in common with them or with me. Smiths are not very secretive or special here, nor is metal, and men craft weapons that can be used for no purpose than to harm other men. Water is plentiful, and they do not have water feuds or swear oaths on water. People here are very shameful of their bodies. It seems that breasts are considered dirty here, and so going topless or even speaking about the breasts of others is not a good idea. Their sense of family and clan is in many ways weaker here, though they are no less affectionate to their close loved ones. They also wear heavy armour that covers them up and protects them from their own violence."

"If I think of anything else, I'll let you know."

Bront

The man with the probe
Cade listens to the women talk about Zephers, and Astral Currents, and other stange things. He turns to Troi "Do ya understand a lick of what those lasses are sayin?"

Bront

The man with the probe
LogicsFate said:
Hehheh eh giving a nervous laugh at the mention of some of her cultures base problems.

In a murmur Poison juice
"'That a new drink?" Cade turns to Joe "Joe, why didn't ya tell me ya had a new drink?"

Joe calls back to him "You're drinkin it.".

Cade looks at his mug, chugs the last drop and sets it back down "Now that ye mention it, it does taste better. Good job Joe!" Joe rolls his eyes and turns back to his other customers.

Rystil Arden

First Post
In a murmur Poison juice
"Well I don't think that this culture treats poison juice any different than mine...we do have some who will drink it anyway, and it seems that there were many here who agreed with me about it. That does remind me, however, to my horror, about the smoking thing that some people here do with the pipes...truly horrid!"

Bront

The man with the probe
Rystil Arden said:
"Well I don't think that this culture treats poison juice any different than mine...we do have some who will drink it anyway, and it seems that there were many here who agreed with me about it. That does remind me, however, to my horror, about the smoking thing that some people here do with the pipes...truly horrid!"
Cade look up as he was just about to light up his pipe after a wonderful meal of mutton. "Sorry las, I won't light up if it bothers ya. But a puff of some good pipeweed nev'r hurt no one, and tis a fine halfling tradition."

OOC: I had just thought about doing this when I saw your post, LOL. Or course, normaly I detest smoking, but it's a halfling!

Rystil Arden

First Post
"I don't mind seeing it, it just makes me so sad inside to know what you are doing to your body--how you are forcing a tainted spirit from the Quasielemental Plane of Smoke--which is connected to Negative Energy that create undead you know--out of the pipe and into your breathing-tract, slowly destroying yourself from the inside...I saw a woman once while travelling in your lands whose once-beautiful voice had been destroyed forever, replaced with a harsh rasping cough......"

Bront

The man with the probe
Rystil Arden said:
"I don't mind seeing it, it just makes me so sad inside to know what you are doing to your body--how you are forcing a tainted spirit from the Quasielemental Plane of Smoke--which is connected to Negative Energy that create undead you know--out of the pipe and into your breathing-tract, slowly destroying yourself from the inside...I saw a woman once while travelling in your lands whose once-beautiful voice had been destroyed forever, replaced with a harsh rasping cough......"

"Well, as long as ya don't mind las." Cade says, obviously not understanding anything beyond 'I don't mind' lights up his pipe and smiles. He takes a puf or two to get it going, then blows a series of smoke rings that settle around the St Bernard at his feet. The dog looks up at him, somewhat irritated, and then lays back down, covering it's nose.

"Ahh, the simple pleasures. Reminds me a bit of home, the fine and smooth blend." The scent the pipe emits is a deep cherrywood scent, though with a bit of sweetness to it. Cade takes a puff and blows again, this time making a circular target pattern in the air that he then strikes with a smoke arrow. "Anyone else care for a puff?" He offers the pipe to any takers.

Tuzon Thume

First Post
Half of the two swinging doors at the entrance of the Red Dragon opens so very slightly. If anyone specifically looks to determine why they might see a halfling surveying the room through the crack. Soon that door closes and a split second later the other half of the door is pushed open slightly so he can see they other half of the room. It closes also.

Probably five minutes pass and the same halfling enters the room and stops just inside and out of reach of the door.

On his back is a heavy, full, pack with bedroll and short sword tied to it. He is wearing rust red and brown traveling attire with tall boots, gloves, and a cloak with the hood down. A wide belt is worn over his jerkin and sports two pouches, a bag with drawstring closure (at the bottom), a dagger, and two darts. Most of his belongings look new and his clothing appears tailor made and very much in style.

His short hair has a permanent wave on the front and his side burns are long and shaped to enhance his facial features. He remains glued to that spot in the center of the entrance way, pulls the gloves off one finger at a time, and then uses them to wipe the dust off his boots.

Finally, probably because his eyes have adjusted to the darkened room, he tucks the gloves under his belt and enters the common room. Green eyes flit about the room but don't linger on anyone as he smiles and crosses to the bar as directed by the young and comely barmaid.

He stops short of the bar, (where Joe can see him), lowers his pack to the ground, and nods to Joe with a grin a shrug. Doing as bid he turns, notices that all eyes are now upon him, and bows to the entire room. With a flourish of raised hand he makes his announcement. The hand waves to accentuate his words as if he is trying to make the other people in the room take notice of it.

"Well met all! Studious Finescriber at your service! It is my pleasure to make acquaintance of such fine folk this day. I am an adept of Scribery and can be employed to record, tally, or make diary of anything you wish, er, for a nominal fee of course."

The raised hand bears the callouses and ink stains that a scribes would. A signet ring is worn upon the pinky.

Last edited:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Remove ads